SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

No Caption Provided

Saturday we have three members from the Gbomb FFXIV free company that will be attempting to level brand new characters from 1-50 (level cap) within 24 hours on stream. One slot will be open for guests. Each person will be doing a job they're otherwise unfamiliar with or haven't leveled yet and we're very rarely competent on jobs we main so expect normal hijinks and totally unrelated topics to ensue over Skype.

If you'd rather not watch Brad play DotA, try watching a handful of fools play an MMO for a while and you may learn to appreciate watching Brad play DotA.

Stream might even come in handy since we're always getting questions from newcomers regarding the game's accessibility and the like. This will be a good showcase for those people to see game.

Meekuh's donation page is here.

C&P from his description:

HELLO FRIENDS!

This year, Team GFB will participate in Extra Life represented by:

• Michael Macasiano (Meekuh Chan),
  • Tom Fletcher (Karma)
  • Nate Schoenfelder (Emma)

We will embark on a noble quest to level a set of characters from level 1 all the way to level cap, 50, in Final Fantasy XIV! Team GFB strives to do the best that we can and what better way to show our dedication than leveling brand new characters to 50 and showing just how much fun you can have with Final Fantasy XIV!

GFB is a sub-group within the Giantbomb Free Company on Ultros. We always try to get ourselves into trouble doing the hardest stuff FFXIV has to offer while still keeping things fun and lively.

Here's a link to the stream where we'll be doing all of this live: http://www.twitch.tv/aznmike123

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, that sounds interesting. Good luck duders!

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oooh id want to join in as a fourth. I just dunno if i can play the whole day due to commitments.

Let me know if ypu need a monkey to shoot into space.

Fyi i have no chars on ultros so i can help the start

StWhoopass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StWhoopass

Since we are exceptional videogames charitystreamers, we've managed to omit our actual starting time...

We're kicking this off at 10 A.M. Eastern this Saturday (the 25th), so come hang out, donate to a great cause, and help make Eorzea a safer place for the kids!

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic
No Caption Provided

Okay, they made it to 24 hours but they failed to remember the game's primary 1-50 grind is heavily tied to story progression so they only made it to 30ish in the end. So yeah, it was a very educational stream in terms of how the leveling works in the game.

They did however manage to raise $420 dollars (primary goal was $300) for the hospital in Richmond though so in the end---success I guess?

A small log of happenings though.

1. 10:05 AM - Meekuh goes to the wrong server
  2. 11:30 AM - Liquid talks about having sex with eggs
  3. 2:50 PM - Another tacky WHM DPS (Karma)
  4. 3:00 PM: Encounter with a better NPC party in Sastasha
  5. 3:40 PM - Karma "heals" some more
  6. 3:42 PM: Liquid talks about having sex with hamburgers again (this will go on to become the theme of the entire stream)
  7. 11:55 PM - Emma dies (he suffers an Internet outage)
  8. 4:00AM-6:00 AM Torturing randoms in Haukke Manor (they even terrorized poor Elza)

The entire stream will be located here --- you know, if you're insane and actually want to watch it.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I'm just about to start play the game this week, but coming from an everquest background, I can't imagine hitting the level cap in one day (or even reaching 30).

LiquidKrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidKrel

I'm just saying, sometimes you need to get a little up close and personal with your food

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I also believe you forgot about the conversation about having sex with the severed leg. And then randomly dropping said question on poor Amalia when he joined.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just re-upped my sub to this game for monday's patch, well done on the live stream!