Which console I should play this game on?

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys! So I've heard really great things about this game and it got me really excited to try it. I'm downloading the trial version now on my PC, but I've heard really good things about the PS4 version as well. I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts about the two versions. Thanks!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Doesn't matter. They both use the same servers and the PC version supports controllers.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@superfusion: I mean, it really just comes down to what you want to play on both versions are fine. The PC version obviously offers slightly better visuals and the ability to use things like parsers and other plugins that the PS4 won't have. Also do note that you'll want a keyboard of some sort for the PS4 version if you decide to play on that. The PS4 version is comparable to the PC version on High settings.

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for your answers. :) I'm playing with a gamepad right now on the PC. (I have the 360 PC controller) I like the gamepad controls but I can see it getting cumbersome once you get in the higher levels and need that precise movement that the mouse and keyboard offers but I might be wrong about that.

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either one works great. So just pick the one you're most comfortable with.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zeik

@superfusion: I'm quite deep into the end game at this point and I've never found the controller to be remotely a handicap or disadvantage. I'm more comfortable with a controller, so I'm kinda biased, but I've never found I couldn't do something I needed to on a controller.

The only class I think you might have a small disadvantage is healing, as a mouse and keyboard can do mouse over healing and a contoller can't. But even then you can still cycle through teammates pretty quickly and easily on a controller.

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Awesome thanks for letting me know about your experience! :) I'm so surprised at how well the game plays on a gamepad. I really didn't expect much of it but I'm really blown away.

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'll throw in my vote for PC as well. I use a controller most of the time, but it is nice have a kb/m for when you want to chat. I used to do a fair bit of end game stuff and I never have a problem with controller. I honestly like it better for DPS jobs.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should play it on the console that starts with P and ends with C. No really, the PC version is the best, period. And like @corevi said, it has full controller support. In fact for some DPS classes controller is the best way to play.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krevee: Consoles support USB keyboards too you know. I play with a controller, but I have keyboard hooked up for chat.

As for PC vs PS4, it's really not much difference than most games these days. If your PC is really good then it will look and run better on a PC, but the PS4 version looks and runs fine and may be more comfortable/convenient depending on your setup. I enjoy this game more hooked up to my TV and I'm not in a position to hook up my PC to it, so I'd probably play on the PS4 even if my PC was better.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@superfusion said:

I like the gamepad controls but I can see it getting cumbersome once you get in the higher levels and need that precise movement that the mouse and keyboard offers but I might be wrong about that.

I'm playing since 1.0 (before A Realm Reborn. Why? I don't know) and I'm in the endgame at this point and the controller offers more precise movement than mouse/keyboard, because analog sticks and all. Actually, some of the DPS classes are better played with a controller. Played all three versions of ARR (PC, PS3 and PS4) and nowadays I regularly switch between PS4 (my main platform) and the PC. PC and PS4 is equally fine, though you want a keyboard to chat, at least when you reach raids, the story dungeons can be enjoyed without communication.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The PC console.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Thank you for your answers. :) I'm playing with a gamepad right now on the PC. (I have the 360 PC controller) I like the gamepad controls but I can see it getting cumbersome once you get in the higher levels and need that precise movement that the mouse and keyboard offers but I might be wrong about that.

I've been end game raiding for the past 5 months or so with a static group in the hardest content the game has to offer and at least half of our group plays on PS4 with pads. The game is easily playable on a pad don't fret.