wasnt this already shown at past E3 as another MMO not 14

derekh1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Wasnt this already announced at a past E3 as another MMO other than FFXIV. I seem to remember a past press conference from either 2012 or 2011 where they showed a cinematic trailer for FF XV and it was a 3rd MMO. and I am not thinking of 14 or its remake. the trailer was shown back to back with another final fantasy game and had what seemed to be a trailer filled with a lot of air ships and chocobos. Am I mistaken??

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rebgav

No, this game used to be Final Fantasy Versus XIII. You have seen it before but it wasn't an MMO.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is 15, not 14. And it has never been an MMO. It used to be Versus 13, and yes it was shown at both those E3s.

derekh1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By derekh1029

nope I am specifically thinking about a 3rd MMO announcement trailer that was shown. I understand the fact that vs13 is now 15 but I could have sworn 15 was already announced as a 3rd MMO like last year. and I know I am not thinking about 14 because I remember everybody saying that it seemed kinda soon for another MMO with 14 just existing

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy

@derekh1029: Maybe you are thinking of Dragon Quest X, which is another Square MMO, or perhaps you are thinking of FFXIV, which was killed and completely remade since no one liked the first FFXIV.

mezmeranto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mezmeranto  Online

Im pretty sure they ran the trailer for 14 right after 13, maybe thats what your thinking about

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope I am specifically thinking about a 3rd MMO announcement trailer that was shown. I understand the fact that vs13 is now 15 but I could have sworn 15 was already announced as a 3rd MMO like last year. and I know I am not thinking about 14 because I remember everybody saying that it seemed kinda soon for another MMO with 14 just existing

Oh god, you're right, I do remember that part.
Not sure it was a FF MMO though but I remember having a conversation with someone about "Wait, so FF14 and this other MMO announced on the same day? Huh".

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immediately after XIV was announced, the guy on stage slipped and reffered to it as XV. Is that what you're remembering?

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Aren't you just remembering the FFXIV reboot, A Realm Reborn?

derekh1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By derekh1029

no I remember a really short all cinematic pre rendered trailer. and I feel like it was back to back trailers with another Final fantasy title

I remember it being a lot brighter and having airships and people with lots of feather decorations or something. Like more of an air battle thing going on ( i know thats kinda vague for a FF game but it was brighter than FF14)

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@derekh1029: I'm pretty sure they showed off FFXI very briefly before they announced FFXIV.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember groaning at FFXV because I though it was going to be an MMO but I'm pretty sure it was what @notdavid is referring to.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rebgav
Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Levio
derekh1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav: yup thats the exact moment I am thinking of.. man this shit is so confusing. I guess I was mistaken. THAT WAS 2009 god that was so long ago but it feels like it was last year.. Im a dummy

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers