Show off your designs!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

For much of my Forza time over the years, it's been about a 50/50 split between the best racing (in my opinion) and plenty of time spent with the design editor. Over the years I've made designs based on The Tick, Gatchaman, South Park, The Simpsons, Futurama etc.

But my best seller in the Forza 2 and 3 days was easily my Hello Kitty MINI. So, with Horizon 2 I decided to revive the tradition!

It's a cute cartoon CAT. A CAT! You hear me Japan? :P

I'm going to share my gallery and I hope others will do the same. I so enjoy seeing what interesting creations people come up with!

Gallery:

Gallery link

YouTube playlist with my Forza 5 and Forza Horizon selections:

YouTube playlist

I hope you have time to take a look. And hopefully have some of your own to share and show off. :)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

The gallery doesn't seem to show designs just screenshots and video. I kinda wanted to see the Gatchaman one.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@corevi said:

The gallery doesn't seem to show designs just screenshots and video. I kinda wanted to see the Gatchaman one.

Well most of those I mentioned were from the older games. Forza 1 and 2, before the website had properly taken shape. Sadly, I don't have many photos from back then. Shame too. I had a killer Professor Chaos and Nibbler. The Gatchaman was a big recreation of Zoltar and the henchmen for background. Made the "G" logo for the top and sides and slapped it on a Bentley Continental. (this was also before individual designs could go up in the auction house, only decorated cars)

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I need more anime skins for my cars

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Corevi
@zzombie13 said:

Zoltar

I believe you mean Berg Katse.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@corevi said:
@zzombie13 said:

Zoltar

That's right. I caught a couple of dubbed episodes on HULU last week, couldn't recall the original name.

That show is crazy though. Almost every character has 3 separate names. Original Gatcha, Battle of the Planets, and I believe another region got completely different names.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@zzombie13 said:

Zoltar

That's right. I caught a couple of dubbed episodes on HULU last week, couldn't recall the original name.

That show is crazy though. Almost every character has 3 separate names. Original Gatcha, Battle of the Planets, and I believe another region got completely different names.

It was a second adaption for the US that was more faithful called G-Force.

Cars.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I poked around on my old Photobucket account to see if I still had any pictures of the old cars from the Forza 2 days. This was all I could find:

No Caption Provided

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By brutushayesosu
No Caption Provided

Fell down the design hole on this game today. Not sure where Im going with this. I found a VinnCo and Giant Bomb logo by searching in the game. So credit to those folks. Made the Quick Look background and added the lettering. Just farting around with it. Still need to fix the lettering. I think I might just go the route of this being the Quick Look theme car and work on a Dr. Tracksuit car next. Start from scratch with it.

updated: 360 view This picture is currently what it looks like. I use hood cam while playing so I don't like to put too much stuff on there.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brutushayesosu: That is fantastic! :)

I'm going to load up Horizon and download that one ASAP!

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brutushayesosu: That is fantastic! :)

I'm going to load up Horizon and download that one ASAP!

SirFing is the curator making a lot of sweet Giant Bomb stuff. Also Old Man Light made the Giant Bomb guy I used.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Hello Kitty design is pretty sick and the Quick Look Car is also awesome. It always blows my mind how people do these. Sadly I do not have the game nor the patience to design stuff like this, props to you guys.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brutushayesosu
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

360 view of b/w Dr Tracksuit inspired. Decided to keep the good Dr's "medicine" lines by front tires. As a goof.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@brutushayesosu: Nice design duder! question, did you make that bomby? looks familiar... i made one and shared it day 1 so other GB people can fly the flag easier, just wondering if you used mine.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brutushayesosu: Nice design duder! question, did you make that bomby? looks familiar... i made one and shared it day 1 so other GB people can fly the flag easier, just wondering if you used mine.

Yes I used yours. I credited you and SirFing in post #11. Its awesome!

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This stuff almost makes me want to get an XBONE just to get back into designing cars. I wasn't very good at racing but I liked making designs!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@brutushayesosu: That's pretty awesome.

Love these design threads. You folks do some amazing stuff.

SirFing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By SirFing

Hey duders I'm glad people found a use for my vinyls! Here are a couple designs I slapped together.

This is an approximation of the LeBaron that gets burned in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

They'll be able to buff that out, no problem.

No Caption Provided

Since Halloween is right around the corner... Nissan 370Z. The Z stands for braaains! I made the "teeth" available as a decal if you went to put teeth on your black car. For some reason.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brutushayesosu: ha, i totally glossed over the text posts because i was so mesmerized by the awesome car design. awesome, just was wondering how well the search and share function worked.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renahzor said:

This stuff almost makes me want to get an XBONE just to get back into designing cars. I wasn't very good at racing but I liked making designs!

It is one of those things that you start 3pm and before you now it's midnight.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By falconer

I'm baffled as to why the didn't include an import designs feature. I understand that things get cut closer to release date, but c'mon. The first Horizon was so barebones, you can't NOT have every feature from it.

Or maybe they saw that only six people were still playing Forza 5 and decided it wasn't worth it.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brutushayesosu: i've done my fair share of "time traveling" the past few weeks between this game, Shadow of Mordor, Borderlands: TPS, and Destiny. Also because i'm an idiot i started back on X-Com Enemy Unknown over the weekend. My time just simply evaporates before my eyes.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By notnert427

(Preface: I'm well-aware that my liveries are fairly simplistic for the most part. That's partially by design, as I'm a minimalist kind of guy. In other words, as much as I like and respect some of the more intricate, flashy designs (many of which are admittedly way beyond my capabilities), I don't generally like my supercars and classics to have wacky paint jobs. Truly, most of my designs have a lot more work in them than it probably appears at first glance, as I tend to spend a ridiculous amount of time on finding (and testing) shades of paint colors that look good in any light, pairing the right rims on cars, trying to create appropriate license plates, logos, etc. All that said, my photography skills probably exceed my design skills. Anyway, without further ado, here are some of my favorites.)

This photo came out awesome. I managed to time a Batmobile-esque flame burst in combination with a damn pretty dusk scene, which I found fitting because the Veneno pretty much is a Batmobile. It's not the best shot of the car itself, which is a carbon-fiber "Brembo Edition" Lambo I came up with that I think looks fucking mean as hell.

No Caption Provided

Here's another shot of the same Lambo as a rainbow is coming out. I enjoyed this because the juxtaposition of a pretty rainbow coastline with about the most testosterone-ridiculous car out there entertained me far more than it reasonably should have.

No Caption Provided

I made this design tougher than necessary. The white background on the Local Motors logo was a bitch and visibly didn't match my stripes. In retrospect, I should have just adjusted the stripes to match the logo, but I got laser-focused on erasing the white logo around it instead. I put their picture logo near the rear fender on a skirt stripe, a full logo on the hood, and their text on the back.

No Caption Provided

This design has kind of taken off, much to my surprise. It's not my best; I just tried to think up a way to make a Focus look semi-cool (which is a tall order considering I think they look like dogshit; that generation especially), so I went with a rally look to go with the awful blue seats. It appears others agree that this is about as good as Focuses (Foci?) get.

No Caption Provided

This Alfa Romeo took some damn time because it needed something on the back. A license plate didn't seem fitting, and their circular Alfa logo wasn't substantial enough. So I decided to do the best job I could replicating their script logo, and it came out awesome. The subtle red lines frame it well, I think.

No Caption Provided

For this Toyota 2000GT, I felt like it needed a classic, yet modern paint job. The single black stripe, skirt stripe, and spoiler fit the bill, and I'm pleased with the results. The lines of the car naturally worked well with a license plate, so I kept it simple with a Toyota 2000GT plate.

No Caption Provided

The Miura is similarly-themed to the 2000GT. The long, sleek supercar of old lends itself well to that classic look, except it's a Lamborghini, so it needs to be a bit flashier. Enter the yellow paint, which I'm usually not a fan of, but it works here, as do the rims. And if it's not clear yet, I like this particular location for photos because it reminds me of Abbazia di San Galgano.

No Caption Provided

This is by far my most popular design, and it also happens to be the simplest. I thought it would be fun to put a Shelby-esque paint scheme on a racing Ferrari because the legendary Carroll Shelby was a thorn in Ferrari's side, if you know your motorsport history. I spent a bunch of time getting the blue just right, though it's hard to tell in this particular picture.

No Caption Provided

My second-most popular livery is below. The Maserati was just crying for a vintage racer paintjob, and it came out awesome. It's in the vein of James Dean's Porsche, and I made a really cool greenish/gray flat paint color that works well with black-edged stripes and numbers. I think I nailed that vintage look.

No Caption Provided

I'd say the livery below is easily my best design. I know the '70 Challenger in FH2 is a 426, but I always really liked the paint on the 340 T/As, because it was pure muscle car to me. If I could, I gladly would have worked in the proper T/A logo where the Challenger logo is and put the proper hood on it, but I unfortunately don't have that option. I'm still really happy with how it came out.

No Caption Provided

All these designs are under my Xbox handle Notnert427 (same username as on here) if anyone wants to download any of them. I know they aren't all that special, but I think I do a pretty good job making some clean, understated designs as opposed to some of the other gaudy shit I see driving around. Hope you enjoy.