This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by S1LENT_ASSASS1N (81 posts) -

I'm interested in joining. My Gamertag is: Supra EX

#52 Posted by Falconer (1681 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Sounds pretty restrictive.

Uh... we're pretty lax actually.

#53 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

...and with adding S1LENT_ASSASS1N, we're now at 60 members. The club's growth is slowing down to reasonable levels for the time being, which is good. If it gets explosive on Friday before a few long-time regulars manage to get in (online shopping with slow shipping, yaay), do know that I might hold a few spots open for them and anyone who's had an invite sent their way (or requested one ahead of the Europe release).

So hey, PsEG, what about that club member cap of 100?

In the unlikely-but-possible event we reach our club cap within the next two weeks, be aware that my plans are to freeze invites temporarily, since it'll be near impossible to tell who's active and who's just here for the luscious(?! why did I use that word) status of belonging to our crew. Once we're three weeks into Forza 4's release, I'll be able to look at user levels and circuit leaderboards and find out who's already moving on to other games.

That said, certain people are always going to be safe, like gpbmike, since he's one of the Top Men. Same with Jeff and Ryan, if they decide to join. I'm sure you understand, right? Right.

Other Business

Here's the latest list of people I haven't added because I'm not sure if they're one of us:

Seriously Who Are These Duders, Are They Even Duders

• SunzaBeaches
  • dHAWXb <--- I swear this is one of you, but for the life of me I forget who, my apologies
  • racer0940
  • WEITZY
  • ChaosKiller2000
  • Murtaug
  • XBOX IS COOL 30
  • dukefan1210
  • SoloProductions
  • CMoody01
  • Rhiracan <--- This guy sent me a friend request and a voice message, but the message was suspiciously generic and I can't tell if he's just a random guy or one of you.

I'm going to sit on these requests for another day or two, and then I'm going to start deleting them if I don't see any proof they're part of the community. Finicky? Absolutely. Just doing what I can to ensure the club's open to those who want to be in it the most, though!

#54 Posted by ApolloJ85 (241 posts) -

...60 members already? But my copy is going to take ages to get to me!! It's being shipped from the UK to Australia, and I don't think anyone paid for international shipping.

Perfectly happy to wait around on the edges until someone drops out though. I have a racing wheel and a limited edition to keep me entertained.

I'll send a request when it arrives, xbl tag Texas Hogride

#55 Posted by XmanNZL (28 posts) -

Hey, Im gunna try join the club on forza, if not can you add me (XmanNZL)? Be keen for race nights and stuff like that in about 3 weeks, just finishing up my final year stuff at uni

#56 Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt (179 posts) -

Weird, I know SunzaBeaches. Didn't know he raced and didn't know he was on GB. I'll send him a message to see what's up.

#57 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

Does anyone know how to interpret the leaderboards? I realize a smaller time is a better score, but there are times like 4h56:41, I'm assuming there's some type of penalty system in place there...or...I don't know. If anyone could shed some light I'd be greatly appreciative.

Oh, and if anyone else is experiencing the bug where you receive no credits or xp for a race because you are using a Fanatec wheel, I tested a workaround I read last night - drop the wheel sensitivity to 270 and you *will* get credit for each race. Anything above that and you are rolling the dice.

#58 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

@Grnd_Lb_Knt: Maybe he requested to join because he saw you were in our club. Apparently that's a thing people can do, look at all the clubs that friends are in and the such. Wouldn't surprise me if that's a good number of people in my list above.

@j3ffro919 said:

Does anyone know how to interpret the leaderboards? I realize a smaller time is a better score, but there are times like 4h56:41, I'm assuming there's some type of penalty system in place there...or...I don't know. If anyone could shed some light I'd be greatly appreciative.

The system automatically adds thirty minutes for track configurations you haven't yet raced and adds ten minutes to dirty laps, so until you race every configuration of a category clean, that total number will be heavily inflated to some degree. That's why just getting out there and racing a bunch of different stuff early on will do wonders for your rank, since you're typically knocking 9-29 minutes off your total time with each new configuration.

#59 Edited by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@PsEG: Just for reference, I met Murtaug here on the live show chat and we added each other over steam a few months back. He is in the GB community but hell if I know how active.

@Nat3TheGreat13 said:

@matt_wickstrom said:

My Alfa Romero Gamestop preorder car is in the GB car club garage, for those interested in checking it out. Enjoy!

Oh shit that's a good idea, I'll add the Subaru(Amazon Preorder) if no one hasn't by the time I get back on tonight.

So this doesn't actually work, I've tried and you need the DLC to use DLC cars in the garage. Makes sense, but now there's really no point in having them there. Those with the DLC probably already have the cars to begin with.

Same goes to all y'all posting the Forza 3 import gift cars. Pretty much everyone got all those cars, getting to level 50 in Forza 3 took like two solid weekends to get.

#60 Posted by SushiXXX (2 posts) -

Would like to join the Giant Bomb club - gamertag is SushiXXX

#61 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

@XII_Sniper said:

@PsEG: Just for reference, I met Murtaug here on the live show chat and we added each other over steam a few months back. He is in the GB community but hell if I know how active.

@Nat3TheGreat13 said:

@matt_wickstrom said:

My Alfa Romero Gamestop preorder car is in the GB car club garage, for those interested in checking it out. Enjoy!

Oh shit that's a good idea, I'll add the Subaru(Amazon Preorder) if no one hasn't by the time I get back on tonight.

So this doesn't actually work, I've tried and you need the DLC to use DLC cars in the garage. Makes sense, but now there's really no point in having them there. Those with the DLC probably already have the cars to begin with.

Same goes to all y'all posting the Forza 3 import gift cars. Pretty much everyone got all those cars, getting to level 50 in Forza 3 took like two solid weekends to get.

Thanks for letting me know about Murtaug. I see he's definitely participated in the community, so I've accepted his request.

Also going to echo the whole "posting gift/prize cars to shared garage" thing. Posting stock versions of non-unicorn cars to the shared garage is absolutely silly when you can pick identical stock versions in the car select screen for rivals and online races. If we hit garage capacity, such cars will be the first to go.

#62 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

@XII_Sniper said:

@Nat3TheGreat13 said:

@matt_wickstrom said:

Unfortunate. I'll get the Alfa off the shared garage asap.

#63 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@matt_wickstrom: It makes me sad cause I really wanted to use that Alfa. They're all so much fun. Guess I'll settle for the Brera, I used that a lot in F3.

Yeah I might be a bit of an Alfa-Romeo fanboy.

#64 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

Just sent you a request over XBL. Lets race! Vrooooom

#65 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

@PsEG said:

@Grnd_Lb_Knt: Maybe he requested to join because he saw you were in our club. Apparently that's a thing people can do, look at all the clubs that friends are in and the such. Wouldn't surprise me if that's a good number of people in my list above.

@j3ffro919 said:

The system automatically adds thirty minutes for track configurations you haven't yet raced and adds ten minutes to dirty laps, so until you race every configuration of a category clean, that total number will be heavily inflated to some degree. That's why just getting out there and racing a bunch of different stuff early on will do wonders for your rank, since you're typically knocking 9-29 minutes off your total time with each new configuration.

That makes SO much sense, thank you very much. I figured the dirty laps were a part of it, but had no idea regarding the unraced track configurations. That's awesome, thank you again.

#66 Posted by munnyman5 (184 posts) -

While I was kinda done with sim racing after Forza 3, but I remain a huge fan of everything that's happening here.

If I had and played Forza, I'd join this club at the drop-shift of a Sequential Manual Gearbox. *badum-tishhhhh*

#67 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

@munnyman5 said:

While I was kinda done with sim racing after Forza 3, but I remain a huge fan of everything that's happening here.

If I had and played Forza, I'd join this club at the drop-shift of a Sequential Manual Gearbox. *badum-tishhhhh*

Thanks, dude! Even if you're not joining us, the support is always appreciated.

Also, for the rest of you, I have something to mention:

So Hey, About That Shared Car Thing

I was browsing through club rankings, and it seems that unlike the member limit, which indeed appears to be 100, the shared garage limit is somewhat higher. Largest number I've seen is 143, so it can hold at least 150 cars.

Not that it ever hurts to tidy up our garage, but this is why we shouldn't panic. Why, we've been fine all along!

#68 Posted by Munro77 (2 posts) -

@PsEG: Would love to get an invite to the GB club... Just got F4 - didn't play F3 a tonne, but the car club thing has me interested, particularily the rivals and decent people to race with from time to time. Not a lot of folks on my friends list who Forza though...

TIA!

#69 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

@Munro77: Sure thing, but I need to know your gamertag. Couldn't find it since I don't see a similar name in my requests and you don't have your Live account attached to Giant Bomb. Get me that, and I'll add you within the next day or so (since I'm about to head out, and when I return I'm jumping straight into Forza Race Night).

Thanks!

#70 Posted by ericdrum (404 posts) -

I'd like to join the club. I'm really loving this game a lot more than FM3. I'm a clean racer and don't care so much about winning, I just want to improve as a driver and learn from others. My gamertag is ericdrum.

#71 Posted by AngryForrestt (22 posts) -

I'm very interested in joining the Club. I am an avid racer, though i might not be up to par with the rest of the people who play this game. I've never actually been online with any forza game but i'd love to give it my best. I've played all the forza games to date and many other races. My gamer tag is Gundao2020. i look foward to racing with the rest of the giant Bomb racing fanatics.

#72 Posted by nickernzen (19 posts) -

I'll be sending an invite soon. My GT is Venus Beartrap.

#73 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

I just made a vinyl group resembling the Confederate flag. I just bought a 1969 Dodge Charger, and plan on remaking the General Lee. The vinyl group is free, so please download it if it interests you. Also, if you could just check it out and give feedback I'd appreciate that as well. I'm not much of a designer, and would just like to get people's suggestions and feedback on it.

#74 Posted by Trucker_Sean (46 posts) -

I would humbly like to request entrance to this car club. I am not a very active poster on GB but I have been supporting them for a couple years and giving them my money since they started subscriptions. I even stay silver just to give them more money because gold gets you a discount. I'm also not a dick if that helps.

I'm not a badass tuner or artist but I do like to go fast and clean. I'm not rocking the tops of any of the world leaderboards, but I do happen to have the community manager and leader of the [IGN] Car Club on my friends' list and I can say with all certainty that I always post faster times than him. Almost always on my first try. You may wonder why I'm just not on the IGN CC instead and to be honest, it's because I don't care for that site and don't like advertising for them in games. I would however, gladly wear a [GB] tag with pride.

My gamertag is Udir and I will send a message shortly in hopes of approval. And if your already filled up, I will gladly wait until I can get in. Thank you and goodnight.

#75 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

OK, I believe I'm up to date with invites for everyone that has confirmed they're a part of the Giant Bomb community. Member count stands around 75-77, depending how many pending invites are going to be accepted.

Time for the first hard news, since my in-game inbox hit critical mass.

These Dudes Totally Just Got Their Club Requests Deleted

• Akira2000
  • DRaGoN KoBRa
  • KumaSempai
  • R74NN
  • halopower67
  • JerBeep
  • dHAWXb
  • Darken Azriel
  • SunzaBeaches
  • CMoody01
  • ChaosKiller2000
  • XBOX IS COOL 30
  • dukefan1210
  • Soju 25percent
  • HomegrownSilky

If you're one of these dudes and you're reading this, don't fret! You can still get in. Just post in this thread, letting me know who you are, and either re-request or wait for an invite. If I said I was going to look for your gamertag and it ended up on this list, please accept my double apologies, as there's been a lot of names to look out for.

On a final note, a warning: If you're in the club, you will be spammed with lobby invites during Race Night on Thursdays. Sorry if it bothers you, but it's the best way for us to fill up a lobby.

#76 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
@PsEG: My copy should arrive in about a day or two, I am very much interested in joining.  Now this will be the first Forza game I have played so I am probably going to stick to helping out with the leader board rankings before I start joining the Race Nights. I am excited though.

Gamer Tag : Rouge Skies
#77 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

@PsEG: so I'm new to this Forza thing but not console sim driving. I'm mfpantst on xbox. I'll either look you guys up or wait for an invite.

#78 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Sent you a message, I look forward to joining in.

#79 Posted by nickyvegas (110 posts) -
@PsEG I would love to join your club!
#80 Posted by nickyvegas (110 posts) -

My GT is nickyvegas81. Thanks

#81 Posted by Falconer (1681 posts) -

I know the game only just came out, but I think we need to be anal about the Club Garage. Not gonna name names, but someone just uploaded TWENTY cars to the club. From what I can tell none of which are special, upgraded, or have any special paint jobs. There are others guilty of the same, but not on such a ridiculous scale.

#82 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

@ShaggyChu said:

I know the game only just came out, but I think we need to be anal about the Club Garage. Not gonna name names, but someone just uploaded TWENTY cars to the club. From what I can tell none of which are special, upgraded, or have any special paint jobs. There are others guilty of the same, but not on such a ridiculous scale.

I was just entering this thread to talk about this very thing, since that sort of action is what I'd classify as "not cool."

So hey, guys, about the shared garage

The intention of the shared garage is to let other club members experience cars, use paintjobs, or try setups they otherwise would not have easy access to. If you disagree here, feel free to post where you disagree and we can talk it over further.

Many of you are simply sharing every prize car you earn as you level, or sharing cars you were gifted by moving your Forza 3 profile over. Many of these cars are either stock or auto-upgraded by the game. Either way, this is a waste of garage space, especially given that in multiplayer and rivals, stock versions of most of the cars can be easily accessed without using any garage.

Because so many users have wasted garage space to the point we already have over 100 cars shared, I am going through right now and unsharing any cars that I feel would not benefit the club in any way, using the criteria mentioned on the first page. Please don't be a jerk about this and reshare cars that were removed, as that will only make things more annoying and strict for all of us.

Thanks!

#83 Posted by Nyaxite (11 posts) -

Hey guys,

New GB member here. I got the LCE last night and I am having a blast with it. Just a quick 'racing-genre bio': I've been playing racing sims since Gran Turismo 2, and have played every Forza fairly extensively. I'm looking to join the club! I'm more of a racer type, so hopefully I can help through leaderboard scores or rivalries (or however, I still have lots to learn about the car club system). I hope to see you all in-game soon! Sending a request to PsEG.

GT: Necr0max

#84 Edited by Trucker_Sean (46 posts) -

I DONE GOOFED!

So after playing a few hours of Forza 4 I started looking into how to import your Forza 3 save file so I could get all the sweet, sweet rewards I had waiting for getting level 50 and owning all the DLC and most of the cars. Turns out you only get one shot to do so at the very beginning of the game and I never got prompted because for some reason, my Forza 3 save didn't move over when I transferred everything onto my new Gears 3 Slim. I did some research on these here internets and found out the only way to get prompted again was to delete your Forza 4 save file and start fresh. As much as I wasn't too keen on losing all my progress thus far, I really wanted all those sweet rewards and most importantly, the achievement. So I pulled the trigger, figuring that I could make up the progress relatively easily, especially with an already stocked garage from my import.

The kicker is that when trying to transfer my Forza 3 save to my new slim via a usb key, I hit "transfer" instead of "copy" and when I put the key into my slim, it didn't recognize it and said I needed to configure it again which deletes everything on it. I tried putting it back in my old 360 and it no longer recognized it either. So now I have my only copy of my Forza 3 save file on a USB key that needs to be reformatted before a 360 can read it. I tried looking around to see if there was a way to recover it but I look to be out of luck.

I tell you all this as a cautionary tale, and in the off chance that anyone knows of anyway to recover a save file off of a USB key that a 360 no longer recognizes. I couldn't find any success stories regarding this situation through google but I figured one last shot in the dark couldn't hurt. Also, I wanted to explain why there is some noob named Udir in the Car Club with a driver level of 0 now ><;;

On the "bright" side, thanks to how fast you can gain XP in Forza 4, I will have no problem leveling back up quickly over the weekend.

GT: Udir

#85 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

One more thing: For the rest of the weekend, I will likely be out of touch with the club requests and all, due to fulfilling one of the dumbest bets I've ever made. You might see a really crappy (intentionally so) livestream of it on http://www.justin.tv/pseg from 7 AM EDT Saturday to 7 AM EDT Sunday, but don't hold me to that.

If you send out invites or messages during this time, know that I'll get around to them. Be patient. Thanks!

#86 Posted by megiddo (12 posts) -

I just sent a club request to join the GB Team. I am currently level 32 and am really into tuning setups and toying with alot of settings most people shy away from. Let me know if there is still room to join. I mostly do circuit, but have lately been dabbling with the drift modes. GT I Megido I ...those are i's

#87 Posted by Sin4profit (2907 posts) -

Just uploaded my Hardcore Dave vinyl.

...oh god! The picture's huge! i dunno how it works!!!!

#88 Posted by Xtrminatr (256 posts) -

I sent a message to join the car club tonight GT Xtrminatr

#89 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

@Trucker_Sean: Try downloading one of them programs that let you put your save on your computer.. Like Modio.

If you can do that then you can copy it to your computer then format yer usb thing. Sucks you lost yer save, exact same thing happened me with a Bioshock file

#90 Posted by MrRedwine (429 posts) -

I'd love to join the club. I will patiently wait for the invite. My GamerTag is Team Redwine

#91 Posted by Akira2000 (1 posts) -

I sent a request a few days ago too. Akira2000 is the screen name.

#92 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Sent a request to join the club. GT is Baron von Straf.

Cheers

#93 Posted by Trucker_Sean (46 posts) -
@RandomHero666

Thanks for the suggestion but I decided I didn't want to hold up my Forza 4 progress any more than I already have. I just started a new Forza 3 save, leveled up once and imported that just so I could get the achievement and get rolling on F4. All those reward cars would be nice but I figure I'll be able to attain the ones I really want soon enough by natural progression.

I learned a valuable lesson from this though: always copy, never move.
#94 Posted by Charles4U (28 posts) -

I'd love to join the car club. My gamertag is Orion645.

I'm thinking this game will be a great way to get involved with the giant bomb community.

#95 Posted by Worthy (107 posts) -

I shall message you for an invite.

Verdige on XBL :o

#96 Posted by maskedplague (6 posts) -

I would like to be in the car club. My gamertag is Masked Plague.

#97 Posted by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

Are invites still available? I'd love to join! GT is "shatteringlast1".

Rawk!

#98 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

My gamertag is JerBeep

I want to join the club.

#99 Posted by KimChi4U (368 posts) -

Add me please, GT: Soju 25percent

#100 Posted by Vinny_Says (5686 posts) -

my GT is dHAWXb I think I have an invite pending but I can send it again....I have maybe 1 or 2 good cars I can share