In case you haven't heard, there are some messed up things going on in Forza 5. Well, less than a week after the launch of the Xbox One and Forza Motorsport 5, developer Turn 10 Studios has already considered feedback and is starting to implement changes.
In their Week In Review post they say that they are working on more permanent changes for the game. But until that happens they're handing out a bunch of free stuff and boosting credit payouts.
- From 11/29 to 12/1 every car in the game is 50% off (both credit and token price).
- Free La Ferrari if you've bought the Ferrari Car Pack or have the season Car Pass.
- Increased credit payouts in the month of December via their Forza Rewards system. (pretty cool stat tracking stuff, not just a dumb thing)
- Limited Edition owners get one free car of their choice via their website, available no later than 12/16.
- Free 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car for VIP members, or free Ferrari 1962 250 GTO if you somehow already have the F1 car.
One more additional thing that I want to single out.
Now, a word about tokens in the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition. In our original description for Forza Motorsport 5’s Limited Edition, we told you that Limited Edition owners would get 1,250 in-game tokens, which we mistakenly said would be enough tokens to afford any car in the Forza 5. It isn’t. As a result, a number of you have pointed this out to us – that there are a number of cars in the game that cost more than 1,250 tokens to purchase.
And that's where the any free car comes in. However, I think that's total bull shit. I find it extremely hard to believe the people coming up with the 1,250 number didn't know about or never talked to anyone to see that the most expensive cars in the game are 10,000 tokens.
It's unfortunate that most of this stuff only applies to LE owners, VIP members (which you are if you have the LE, I think $10 otherwise), and those that have gotten the day one car pack or season pass. I mean, it's not like this is an MMO and giving everyone the F1 car is going to break everything. I got the LE so I'm happy about this stuff, but I can also understand those who got the standard edition but still way into Forza being pissed.
But yeah, at least this is a step in the right direction. Once they make more permanent changes I'll be sure to keep the Giant Bomb community informed.