• 107 results
#1 Edited by sub_o (840 posts) -

If you remembered, Hidetaka Miyazaki didn't direct Dark Souls 2, he was apparently working in other project. Some might say that he's working in Demon Souls 2 (Jeff Cannata from TRS said it in his youtube video, while he and Dan was querying the From Software guy about Dark Souls 2)

Apparently this surfaced on NeoGAF (which in turn, taken from /v/, so take it with grain of salt), it's called Project Beast, and supposed to be project between Sony and From Software. I have no idea whether the image is doctored, but this definitely looks interesting.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10496 posts) -

Sure looks like it could be Demon's Souls to me, assuming those pictures are legit. Remember, Sony owns the Demon's Souls franchise...

#3 Edited by Bombanana (36 posts) -

Oh crap, i knew that this would be happening one day. I love the Souls series and played them all but i never enjoyed the PS3 as a console i must admit and the PS4 i traded in as well after a while. Just did not feel that thing, but a new Demons or even a new Miyazaki game exclusive to the PS4 will make me buy one again. Hope there´ll be a price drop by then, or i will buy one used. Oh my...slave to the game :P

#4 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5249 posts) -

Those screenshots looks super reminiscent of the Souls series. There's even a fog door. I know they've said Demon's Souls 2 isn't happening, but that doesn't mean we won't get it under another title. I can't wait to hear more about it.

I've been having a blast with Dark Souls 2 so far. In my opinion, It's just as good as the first one if not better, so the prospect of a next gen game is super exciting.

#5 Edited by EuanDewar (4771 posts) -

Dog Souls actually sounds kinda cool when I say it out loud.

#6 Edited by TheHT (10904 posts) -

Oh my god yes. Dark Souls 2 was a pretty big let-down.

#7 Posted by sub_o (840 posts) -

You play as Snoop Dogg, and he's high all the time.

#8 Edited by ChrisHarris (275 posts) -

@sub_o said:

@euandewar said:

That's no fog door... if you know what I mean.

#9 Edited by Chaser324 (6328 posts) -

@sub_o said:

@euandewar said:

That doorway isn't filled with fog.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10496 posts) -

@sub_o said:

@euandewar said:

Snoop does love him that green herb! Get that Crescent Moon Grass!

#11 Posted by falserelic (5333 posts) -

Demon Souls 2 o shit...were fucked.

#12 Posted by sub_o (840 posts) -

@chrisharris said:

@sub_o said:

@euandewar said:

What is this Sticky White Stuff?

#13 Posted by Aegon (5405 posts) -

So...Beast Souls?

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6336 posts) -

Yeah, that has to be a Souls spinoff or something. It looks way too Souls-y to be anything else.

#15 Posted by Tackchevy (261 posts) -

Nah, I'm going with King's Field 4

#16 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10496 posts) -

@sub_o said:

@mooseymcman said:

@chrisharris said:

@sub_o said:

@euandewar said:

What is this Sticky White Stuff?

You don't want to know.

#17 Posted by Vanick (318 posts) -

Well those screenshots certainly look Souls like to me. I probably shouldn't get too excited until we know if it's real but I can't help it. Praise The Sun!

#18 Edited by SlashDance (1804 posts) -

@sub_o said:

Is that a fog gate?

#19 Posted by Glottery (1109 posts) -

Looks pretty cool. I'd imagine something concrete surfacing up during E3 at latest.

#20 Posted by Gaff (1652 posts) -

Man, Last Guardian sure has changed a lot.

#21 Edited by sub_o (840 posts) -

@gaff said:

Man, Last Guardian sure has changed a lot.

Meth is sure some nasty drug

#22 Edited by j0lter (225 posts) -

Omg. Yes please. Please be Demon's Souls 2. The world needs it. Did anyone notice the mouse sitting on the right side of every picture though? What's up with that?

#23 Posted by MannyMAR (408 posts) -

Seems like they're going for a 1600's-1700's time period. Van Helsing demon slaying Souls game? Sign me the hell up!

#24 Posted by sub_o (840 posts) -

@j0lter: Some people speculated that these might be (hasty?) screen grabs from a trailer to be shown during the upcoming E3 or something.

#25 Posted by JackSukeru (5904 posts) -

That looks potentially sweet, I'm cautiously excited.

#26 Posted by Ezekiel (374 posts) -

I hope the Sony rumor is false. I have no intention of getting a PS4.

#27 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Massive E3 spoiler. But hot damn, that's exactly looking like what I was hoping for would happen. Demon's Souls 2, or its spiritual successor, respectively a next gen-exclusive Souls game.

Extremely excited for this!

#28 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2571 posts) -

It looks like a...well not sure. I guess e3 might be interesting.

#29 Posted by Humanity (8826 posts) -

If it's Demons Souls 2 I'm all in. Enough of this baby Dark Souls business, kindling and other dumb nonsense, let's have a real Souls game again!

#30 Edited by Ezekiel (374 posts) -
@humanity said:

If it's Demons Souls 2 I'm all in. Enough of this baby Dark Souls business, kindling and other dumb nonsense, let's have a real Souls game again!

Let's have it be something else. We get enough sequels everywhere else.

#31 Edited by Marokai (2811 posts) -

Looks very, very nice. I believe.

Though not confirmed, obviously, it would be a very smart exclusive for Sony to get.

#32 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4602 posts) -

That definitely looks like a Souls game.

I wonder if they'll call it Demon's Souls 2 or if they'll call it something new? Undead Souls maybe?

As an aside, I'm getting a real Universal Monster Movie vibe from those screencaps. I can't quite place it, but something about the costume design, monster designs, and the setting makes me think of the 1930s/40s era of Dracula and Frankenstein in particular.

#33 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Van Helsing Souls?

#34 Edited by sub_o (840 posts) -

@oldirtybearon: They'd call it The Last Demon's Guardian Vita Agent Soul.

Just to block their ears from people who ask them about Demon's Souls 2, The Last Guardian, The Agent, and Vita.

#35 Posted by Humanity (8826 posts) -

@ezekiel said:
@humanity said:

Let's have it be something else. We get enough sequels everywhere else.

I was half kidding but I wouldn't mind either way. I'm sure if it's actually Demon's Souls 2 and on new hardware it will be significantly different from the other souls games. At the same time if it's a cool new IP I'm down with that also - Dragons Dogma was a great new IP that I enjoyed a bunch, so I'm open to new experiences.

#36 Posted by StarvingGamer (8025 posts) -

I opened this thread hoping it was a new Bloody Roar game.

Actually I have never played a Bloody Roar game.

Weird.

#37 Posted by Slag (4033 posts) -

Ooooooooo, this looks like it has potential!

#38 Posted by Rowr (5480 posts) -

Oh crap, i knew that this would be happening one day. I love the Souls series and played them all but i never enjoyed the PS3 as a console i must admit and the PS4 i traded in as well after a while. Just did not feel that thing, but a new Demons or even a new Miyazaki game exclusive to the PS4 will make me buy one again. Hope there´ll be a price drop by then, or i will buy one used. Oh my...slave to the game :P

Seems like smart business sense.

Have you considered playing the stock market?

#39 Posted by spraynardtatum (2610 posts) -

Looks pretty freaking grim.

#40 Posted by ElixirBronze (417 posts) -

I hope this doesn't mean I'm forced to buy a PS4, that would be fucking lame.

#41 Posted by Bulby33 (550 posts) -

Duuuuuuuuuude! If this is a Souls-related thing.... I'm psyched!

#42 Posted by BisonHero (6213 posts) -

@euandewar said:

I feel like the internet will immediately ruin this by calling it Doge Souls, and making the appropriate image macros.

#43 Edited by The_Ruiner (1018 posts) -

This could be awesome...

#44 Edited by TheHT (10904 posts) -

@bisonhero: Has that been done with MGS5? Diamond Doge?

If not, now it has.

#45 Edited by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

@euandewar said:

I feel like the internet will immediately ruin this by calling it Doge Souls, and making the appropriate image macros.

Wow, so dark, much grim

#46 Posted by TurboMan (7406 posts) -

I'd like to think that From Software would be making something else besides a Souls game right now...

oh well, I'll probably play this.

#47 Posted by Gaff (1652 posts) -

@turboman said:

I'd like to think that From Software would be making something else besides a Souls game right now...

Well, judging by the clothing of the monsters, this seems a bit too modern to be set in the same style as Demon's / Dark Souls. Who knows, this might be a spiritual successor to... Otogi.

#48 Posted by sub_o (840 posts) -

@gaff said:

@turboman said:

Well, judging by the clothing of the monsters, this seems a bit too modern to be set in the same style as Demon's / Dark Souls. Who knows, this might be a spiritual successor to... Otogi.

What if ... it's prequel to Armored Core ....... Well never mind ....

#49 Posted by Gaff (1652 posts) -

@sub_o said:

@gaff said:

@turboman said:

What if ... it's prequel to Armored Core ....... Well never mind ....

METAL. WOLF. CHAOS. 2.

#50 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

@j0lter: I think the mouse cursor was shopped in by /v/ as a joke. Don't read too much into that.

Either way, if Miyazaki is on this. Then so am I. DSII is awesome and all, but it was missing that little extra that truly made the first two games so unique.