#1 Posted by Brodehouse (10081 posts) -

Goddamn, man. Future Cop LAPD. What else do you need? You're a cop, it's the future, maybe it's even in Los Angeles. NO! That's the reboot part. Future Cop NYPD. Oh shit.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Because nobody's heard of it?

#3 Posted by N7 (3595 posts) -

In what part of this game would the Russians invade, forcing you to switch roles as a tough-tooth up and coming Police Officer to the bad attitude in your face SWAT commando who's seen action in wars all his life?

Because in this day an age, that's what would happen.

#4 Posted by Nodima (1244 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I rented this game like five times as a kid, mainly because it was called Future Cop LAPD. I remember having a lot of fun with the co-op campaign.

#5 Posted by Soap (3613 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Because nobody's heard of it?

Blasphemy!

Future Cop LAPD was amazing.

It's probably not getting rebooted because you can't improve upon perfection, so why disappoint people?

#6 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2131 posts) -

@Nodima said:

@Video_Game_King: I rented this game like five times as a kid, mainly because it was called Future Cop LAPD. I remember having a lot of fun with the co-op campaign.

Goddam serious!? I need to get a copy for myself. Loved this game and actually liked the multiplayer mode as well. It holds up well to my nostalgia hehe.

#7 Edited by Brodehouse (10081 posts) -

So now they're gonna reboot it right?

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

@video_game_king: If you haven't played Future Cop L.A.P.D what are you doing with your life?

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@demoskinos:

I have played it. I don't think I've beaten it, though, because I would have blogged about it otherwise.

#10 Edited by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

So now they're gonna reboot it right?

I'd pitch in for that kickstarter.

#11 Posted by Reisz (1517 posts) -

The only future cops I care about are the god damned G-Police

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11309 posts) -

That's the twist at the end of Titanfall. It was really the sequel to this.

#13 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1856 posts) -

Dynamite Cop bitches

#14 Edited by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

@artemesia: Oh god yes. That game is fantastic as well.

#15 Edited by Tennmuerti (8141 posts) -

I have a confession to make, I only ever played the PC demo, but I played the shit out of that first level and the 1 multilayer map vs. AI.

If we can't get a reboot, at least someone linked a GoG vote during the stream to get the PC version up on there: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/future_cop_lapd

#16 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

The multiplayer mode was awesome, was one of the first strategy games/tower defense lite I had played.

#17 Posted by Tennmuerti (8141 posts) -

Shit while we are talking of remakes of awesome games, you know what needs a modern remake (and it wouldn't even be hard)?

Metal Fatigue

That's right. That right there is Future cop LAPD level of innovative genius that the world forgot.

#18 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

If feels good to not think that I was the only one who ever played that game anymore

#19 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

" Welcome to Los Angeles rookie, the city of angels"

#20 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1622 posts) -

Goddamn, man. Future Cop LAPD. What else do you need? You're a cop, it's the future, maybe it's even in Los Angeles. NO! That's the reboot part. Future Cop NYPD. Oh shit.

I read this is Ryan's voice.

#21 Posted by Wampa1 (712 posts) -
#22 Posted by Brodehouse (10081 posts) -

I love how it took 13 months but finally.