• 128 results
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, as I sit here at 2am ready to collapse into a coma for the night I figured I'd post this and see what you guys think. I've been obsessed with sleeping dogs the last few days. I got it last Wed and completed the story earlier in the day er...(technically yesterday?) anyways early on about halfway through the story I ended up making the commitment to 100% the game and get all of the achievements. I'm at 86% completion right now. Last time I can remember doing this was I think last year for Saints Row The Third another open world game which I bothered doing absolutely every last little thing in. So, do you 100% games? If so what kind of games? (they don't HAVE to be open world games) And what gives you the motivation to commit? Lastly praise be to the bomb crew as today's glorious 3+ hour bombcast helped with much of my collectible hunting.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

100% for me is when I'm done having fun with a game.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By monetarydread

Almost never unless a game has that magic something. An example of what I am talking about is Disgaea 2 on PSP, I have over 600 hours into the game and I am still finding new goals to achieve. I'm starting to believe that this attempt and reaching 100% is impossible for me.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much never. There are very few games where I have done so.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

When that game is called Batman: Arkham Asylum I do.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Genkkaku

I do if it's either a game I really love or a game that I'm so for into that it'd just be a waste to not

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed

pretty much never. it's usually too much of a hassle for me and it can often take all of the fun out of the game or me. Saints Row The Third is probably the only game that i ever got 100% completion in. i'm done with a game once i stop having fun with it, like MB said.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By Giantstalker

Haven't done a 100% completion in years. I used to try, and even succeed, but that was a long time ago.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

I would like to, but usually I just can't be bothered. The last game I think I got 100% on was Binding of Isaac - mainly because I just couldn't get enough of that game; one of the best games I've ever played :D

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inkerman

Literally don't think I've ever 100%ed a game.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Clonedzero

nah, i dont do that. its not fun for me to do stupid crap like that.

like i played the CRAP out of gta4 for example, i did pretty much EVERYTHING in it, except, i didnt bother with the stupid pidgeons cus thats not fun.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By confusedowl

I always tell myself that I'm going to 100% games but I usually don't in the end. I get distracted with other games once I beat the main stories.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#13  Edited By KillyDarko

I rarely even take a look at the list of achievements, let alone 100% them-- I've only ever got 100% in 3 games, I believe.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By CheapPoison

If reaching the 100% is meaningfull and fun i will probably do it.

If it has some arbitrary collectibles or some other stuff to just bloat it out, I just won't bother. Bit like Batman, they gave ou something but there was just too much to bother with it.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrpandaman

@MB said:

This is exactly how I play my games.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aronleon

Only if I really love the game then yes I will 100% it no matter what, also I like to do it if possible before the end of the game say Legend of Zelda I love to go full hearts all upgrades etc before the final battle.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By jacksukeru

I went out of my way to 100% Bionic Commando on PS3, but that's really the only time I have done so. I usually check the achievemets and go for what I can but there's often a few that are too much work for me to bother with. Which is as it should be, they wouldn't be "achievements" if they were all easy.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Vexxan

Only when I'm really enjoying a game. I play mostly XBLA games and 100%-ing those don't take too much time.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#19  Edited By jaqen_hghar

I used to try and do this, which resulted in me 100% GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas. But there are too many games now, and work, and books, and movies...

So I rarely do it now. I am still going to try with Arkham City, and I think I did it in Arkham Asylum. Oh, and I believe I did it in AssCreed: Brotherhood. Or was it AssCreed 2?

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lost_Remnant

If we're just talking achievement's wise, I've 100% quite a few. If we're talking in addition to just stuff that doesn't show up with achievements but goes towards an overall 100% in the games that do track everything, then that number is lower.

With any videogame though, if the road to get 100% just isn't fun or just so, so tedious (some games really do go overboard with collectibles for example) then I will not. If I'm not having fun then what is the point? Games with multiplayer achievements are also more prone to me not getting that 100% either unless I have a crew of friends who also like the game and I just get it overtime. Since I never play multiplayer games, even the competitive ones by myself.

Jaeya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jaeya

The only games I ever really feel inclined to 100% are visual novels.

The reason for that is that I love exploring every possible outcome of the story, and seeing how the endings with different characters/choices pan out.

I think that's how I managed to sink around 8 hours into Magical Diary in one sitting. ._.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By JoeyRavn

I try to do it, whenever possible... meaning "no multiplayer unlocks/Achievements". I like S-Ranking games, which usually involves 100%ing them, but when I have to play multiplayer for it... fuck it. I 100%ed Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, but I never touched the MP portions of Brotherhood and Revelations, for example.

Just yesterday (today, actually) I stayed until 4 in the morning finishing up Sleeping Dogs to 100%. I feel I can move on now.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Jaeya said:

The only games I ever really feel inclined to 100% are visual novels.

I was going to come in here and say that I never 100% anything, but I 100% visual novels as well.

It's meant to be played that way! I'm not doing anything wrong! Aaaaaaargh!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zeforgotten
@MB said:
Pretty much the same for me. 
When I've completed a game and gotten what I wanted out of it and it's boring to go back to the game I usually think: "Hmm, I could totally 100% it" 
But I never do because I wouldn't have fun with the game at that point
Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Only in games I really like.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By TobbRobb

I think the only game I have actually 100%, ever, is the first Jak and Daxter. Partially because it was my only game for a while, partially because its awesome and partially because it's easy.

Otherwise I never bother to go that far with anything really. I tried with Bayonetta because <3. But that game is fucking hard.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Nev

More or less 100%'d Oblivion and Fallout 3, at least achievements wise, but otherwise, never has been a 'thing' for me, really.

I did S-Rank Dead Rising: Case Zero, though, like pretty much everyone who bought it did. Kind of it, I suppose.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Justin258

@MB said:

There's my answer!

I've 100%'d Metroid Prime 1 and Rage, and that's it. That's all I can think of. I hardly ever bother to 100% any game because I don't generally have fun sticking my nose in every corner or spending 30 minutes trying to find the small key to get into the hidden gate in a far off corner of the map to get the last whatever.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, I got everything in Modern Warfare 2 as well. All of the Intel and beat it on Veteran.

EDIT 2: Also the first Jak and Daxter. Maybe I've done this more than I thought...

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SeanFoster

I've 100%'d some downloadable indie games but that's it. I normally don't play much past finishing the main story,

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By guiseppe

Depends on the game. In games I enjoy and I see that as a possibility, I'll more than likely go for 100%.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phr4nk0

I go into every game with the idea of 100%ing it. I think I have a mild case of OCD. Also if I play a game in a franchise I have to play and 100% the rest too. Atleast eventualy, which is what I tell myself to keep me sane. It leads to a really big backlog of games.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By crusader8463

God no! I play games to have fun and all of those things they add into games as time syncs to get the 100% are always tedious, frustrating and boring all at the same time. They are made for masochists and I have never found a game that did that kind of stuff in any sort of interesting way.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joeyoe31

Depends on the how much I like the game. Most Metroid games I've 100%. It's fun when I see stuff like that. Working on Batman Arkham City but that game is sort of hard to 100%.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@MB said:

Pretty much was gonna say this.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MideonNViscera

Sometimes. I did FF13-2 the other day, and will probably do Transformers:FoC.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By living4theday258

I 100%'d metroid fusion, but thats it........ however I wanna see someone 100% just cause 2.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jack268

If it's a good game sure 

Achievements-wise though, hell no. Only game I could be bothered with is Shadow Complex's 200 points and that's pushing it.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38  Edited By jaycrockett

Depends on the game of course, but to me 100% says "I did what the game told me to" rather than "I did everything I wanted".

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nitrocore

I rarely 100% a game, but if it's a game I really enjoy playing I like to get the most out of it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#40  Edited By musubi

@AjayRaz said:

pretty much never. it's usually too much of a hassle for me and it can often take all of the fun out of the game or me. Saints Row The Third is probably the only game that i ever got 100% completion in. i'm done with a game once i stop having fun with it, like MB said.

Says the man I saw sitting at 90% in sleeping dogs. =p

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By betterboulder

I'm always doing the Vinny thing of trying to get everything as I go but unless I'm right at the cusp of 100% by the close of the game, I really won't even bother. The games I usually get close in are open-world games that I usually always come back too.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By killacam

no. fuck no. i'll try to do every side-quest and see every storyline if they are enjoyable to do, not just for completion's sake. yakuza, persona, those types of games that just have great enough writing for you to WANT to explore every nook. so, crazy japanese games, i guess.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Arbie

Not often! I wanted to 100% the Assassin Creed games but meh, I get distracted too easily. It also takes way more patience than I have to 100% games! Good luck with Sleeping Dogs if you decide to do it!

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#44  Edited By BBAlpert

I think the only times I ever 100% games are when they have weird scoring systems that extend past a hundred (Fez, Castlevania: SotN, etc). That's not to say I max out the score on those, going to 212% or whatever, but if the game is set up to allow you to get that high, I generally will end up with at least 100%

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@MB said:

Pow! That's my answer too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c86670f38adc
deactivated-5c86670f38adc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even finish most games' singleplayer modes once, so the thought of a 100% completion is unfathomable to me.

As in, I have been within 30 minutes of beating Red Dead Redemption for a year now and I have not tried to play that game since.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By probablytuna

I only attempt 100% when certain stars align, like when I'm really into a game, the collectibles or side missions that contribute to 100% aren't hard to find/complete and it doesn't involve multiplayer. So far I think I've only ever 100% five games at most. Off the top of my head they would be Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Red Dead Redemption and currently the first two episodes of The Walking Dead.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By Humanity

Never. The game stops being fun for me way before I get to that number. Hats off to the person who makes a game where getting to 100% isn't a real chore.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 49th

Only 100% Sly Cooper but that was way easy. and some PSN games but those are way short.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Turambar

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are the only games I've even considered 100%ing.

Of course, this isn't including games that I 100% over the natural course of playing, like Persona 3 and 4.