• 128 results
stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By stryker1121

Never..many games have MP achievements, so I'm out for those automatically, and for single-player achievements there's always a handful that I have little interest in completing as they don't sound fun. I like achievements and I'm happy if I get 75% of them in the campaign. But once I beat a game's story I likely have already squeezed all the fun out of it I can.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DelroyLindo

Dark Souls was the only game I went out of my way to S-rank

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Karl_Boss

Depends on how long it takes to 100% and how much I like the game.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Hennet_sim

I only go for 100% if I am enjoying my time with the game and I want to do everything in the game and I want to make sure I get everything I can out of the game.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Rabid619

If I really love the game and enjoy the time I spend 100%ing it, then yeah I will. I recently did it with Shadow Complex, and I think the last one before that was Arkham City.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Hizang

I almost never do it, but every time I play through Banjo-Kazooie I 100% it.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Gargantuan

The only games I finish 100% are Halo games. Got all the regular achievements and most DLC achievements in Halo 3 and Reach.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#59  Edited By LordAndrew

I do it sometimes, for games I really like playing or where there isn't much left after beating the game.

Most recently was Radiant Historia, two days ago. Right now I'm trying to Super Mario 3D Land and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By duskvamp

If it's a game I enjoy, then I always try to 100% it. I hate when I manage to 100% a game and then they release DLC that I'm not interested in and my S rank is gone :(

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LikeaSsur

I have the terrible condition where I feel the need to 100% every game I own.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By captain_clayman

Nope, I just beat the game and usually i'm done after that...on some games, usually bethesda games, I'll keep doing sidequests for a while but i've never 100%'d a game.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Jayzilla

i dont unless getting them is fun. collecting 100 feathers? no thanks.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SomeJerk

I care a lot about achievements and people 100%ing games for them because I take great pleasure in reading their complaints over how long it takes to get everything, and how they break down mentally when there's an achievement that they for some reason are unable to unlock. So please people of a less than perfectly health psychological condition, please continue! Especially if you're the kind of person who goes "Oh no trophies? Screw that (PS3) game".

I'm working on 100%ing life, got the commandments and deathly sins wrapped up but the buddhist wheel is tricky.

green_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By green_sky

Nope. Just can't be bothered with that. If i just have one game left and not planning to buy any more. Maybe than.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By fox01313

Tend to only do that with adventure games, rpgs & lego games as the 100% usually just means trying everything out in the game which tends to get done.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#67  Edited By FLStyle

I never 100% a game, I don't enjoy doing so.

I like well-written stories and interesting gameplay systems, once I'm done with that I'm done with the game.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Scrawnto

Never have I ever. I don't have the right personality to get hooked on a game like that. I also just don't care about achievements, collectibles, and such. Actually, I did collect all the Pokemon in Red, so I guess that probably counts.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BraveToaster

Like MB stated, 100% is when I'm done with the game. It would be pretty hard for me to justify why I waste time collecting items and crap when I half-ass tasks in real life.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By JasonR86

Sometimes. It depends on how much I like the game and if I've gotten bored of it by the time I've beaten it and would consider 100%'ing it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ben_H

I used to all the time. Now I simply don't have the time to. I am however going for 100% in Forza 4. I was at 97% in Forza 3 then I accidentally deleted my save when I was clearing space.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By Chummy8

I try to 100% games, but it depends on the game. If a game requires me to collect a million hidden things or do multiplayer to 100% it, then I usually tend not to try to complete them.

On the other hand, I just S ranked Dark Souls :)

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Bully, Red Dead Redemption, Burnout Paradise and GTA IV (fuck those pigeons). These are probably my favourite games ever, GTA IV was the first game I ever bothered to get the collectibles, those damn pigeons I used a guide but it was still enjoyable just spawning motorbikes zooming around Liberty City seeing all the hidden away locations you probably wouldnt go otherwise, RDR was great because got rid of 200 pigeons and instead had 10 treasure maps plus all the side quests and hunting challenges were fun. Burnout I spent 120 hours most of the time in a party doing free burn challenges.

Rockstar games just have fantasic setting, atmosphere and music that they are just a joy to spend as much time in them as possible.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By Shabs

I used to care.

Then I had a child.

Now I don't care. I don't have time to.

ozzier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ozzier

I usually take a cursory look at the achievement/trophy list to gauge how attainable 100% is. Required multiplayer is usually a surefire sign that I won't even bother trying. I can go either way with collectibles. I think I'm something like 8 or 9 blast shards away from 100%-ing the original inFamous, which irks the heck out of me every time I look at my trophy list, but I can't force myself to roam the city for a few hours to hunt them down.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By amir90

Depends on the game and how hard the achievements are.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mtcantor

Nope. I'll stop having fun with a game long before then.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By triviaman09

Not anymore. Too many great games to play.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ozzier said:

I usually take a cursory look at the achievement/trophy list to gauge how attainable 100% is. Required multiplayer is usually a surefire sign that I won't even bother trying. I can go either way with collectibles. I think I'm something like 8 or 9 blast shards away from 100%-ing the original inFamous, which irks the heck out of me every time I look at my trophy list, but I can't force myself to roam the city for a few hours to hunt them down.

For me collectibles in open world games are a perfect match for a Bombcast!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm on a completion kick lately. I've gotten 100% in Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness 2, and Darksiders in the last month or so. I'm about 95% done with Sleeping Dogs (just miscellaneous stuff left) and I plan on rocking through Darksiders 2 next.

@JoeyRavn said:

I like S-Ranking games, which usually involves 100%ing them, but when I have to play multiplayer for it... fuck it.

Agreed. I feel like The Darkness 2 handled "multiplayer" achievements well. You could technically play through the co-op missions my yourself for the achievements but it was a ton more fun in a group.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#81  Edited By plaintomato

@ozzier said:

I'm the same on the required mp achievements.

I only 100% if the game is so good I'll take any excuse to keep playing it. Dark Souls and the original Test Drive Unlimited are the only two games that come to mind as a total pleasure to 100%.

Orange Box and GTA IV would be on that list too if it were just the single player achievements; GTA IV required some pretty ridiculous grinding to get all of the multiplayer achievements...screw that.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kindgineer

It depends on what game it is, honestly. I don't enjoy games like Grand Theft Auto that place random objects throughout the world and expect me to have fun finding them. I know it's fun for many, just not myself. Games like Crash Bandicoot, Diddy Kong Quest, and etc - are games that I enjoyed 100%.

RPG's are the worst - for me.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By ProfessorK

When it's a game I hold near and dear and it never had achievements like SoTN, then yes I usually try to 100% the games. Most other games I play till I'm done having fun with them or something new comes along to steal my attention. Not something I ever put an emphasis on.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zajtalan

next game I'll 100% will be Kingdom Hearts 3

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By maginnovision

@MB said:

100% for me is when I'm done having fun with a game.

I feel this same way. I don't care about any achievements, and I don't see doing all sorts of side stuff or get a million collectibles. It's fun until it's not, then I'm 100% done.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

When that game is called Batman: Arkham Asylum I do.

This shitttttttttttttttt :)

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By cheesebob

I have 100%'d many arcade games. Only 1 normal game and that is Lego Batman 1. It was too awesome.

I'm probably going to 100% Lego LOTR when it comes out and I am currently in the process of trying to 100% Asura's Wrath but jesus christ that game is hard.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By CaLe

I never do, but I did with Fez, because it was part of the fun. If anything about it stops being fun, I'll just stop.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89  Edited By Nux

No I don't really try to 100% games. Personally I don't feel the need to do so as just beating the story is enough for me. I do however want to 100% The World Ends WIth You one day.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#90  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Generally, if 100%ing a game requires me to go out of my way to do it in a way that is a waste of time and not at all enjoyable, I'm probably not going to do it. Suikoden III was a weird exception when I played that earlier this summer, but even then it's not super hard to get all the characters, even without a guide and also I had nothing else to play. Also Shadow Complex, I guess, but that's part of the fun of those kinds of games.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By NMC2008

Depends on how much I like the game, my recent 100%s were Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2 on both consoles and Castlevania LOS on PS3, would do it again too.

Chroma_Auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#92  Edited By Chroma_Auron

I'm the type to 100% everything unless it's rediculas or boring. I'm the type that wants to see all of the game. I won't do things such as kill with 1000 explosives which is manly padding or rare luck based.

Avatar image for gurrenlagann519
gurrenlagann519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By gurrenlagann519

I try to on game I absolutely love, but usually get stuck on one item or some such thing. Like others have said 100% is when I stop having fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually just playing through the campaign/story is the perfect amount for me.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By thatdutchguy

Never did anything 100 %

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Sayishere

I used to due to trophies, nowadays I do to a certain degree.id only get trophies that make the game fun, not a chore.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By rand0mZer00

I only 100% games if I am fully immersed in the game at that time, and nothing else is coming out in the near future.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#98  Edited By AndrewB

I don't think there's ever been a game I've 100% completed besides perhaps Pokemon Red/Blue (yes, even with Mew). I'm on the cusp of sooooo many games, but the effort it would take to "finish them off" would be work that would be entirely unfun. I don't give a hoot about points or a completion percentage. I'm fine with having beaten the entire Mass Effect series on the highest possible difficulty.

If you look at my achievements, the only S rank I have is The Walking Dead (which just means I've played episodes 1 and 2... the only two available right now). I have a ton of A rankings and literally one or two achievements left in some games.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#99  Edited By musubi

Hmmm interesting responses! Just finished off Sleeping Dogs and got my "S" Rank now it goes back on the shelf!

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#100  Edited By bed

@Demoskinos: SHUT UP IT WAS FUN OKAY

when the side stuff like it was in Sleeping Dogs, then i'll clean all of that up but i pretty much never go for collectibles once i'm finished a i game, although i finished all of the side stuff in Sleeping Dogs before i finished the story, save for some of the open world events.