#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

So on Wednesday's 2013 PlayStation event in New York where Sony is expected to unveil the PS4, there will be approximately 1200 attendees. According to Forbes, this is actually a huge number of attendees for an event like this.

Forbes

#2 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

Imagine the smell!

#3 Edited by Pr1mus (3514 posts) -

Yeah but how many doritos bags and mountain dew bottles?

#4 Posted by OldGuy (1431 posts) -

Woo?

...or...

If you are Jeff this will be a nightmare (packing the house with rabid fans/plants is not fun for the working journalists)...

#5 Posted by TurboMan (6943 posts) -

@fluxwavez: 300-400 attendees? I feel like you left some zeros off of that. It's more like 3000-4000 attendees.

#6 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@turboman said:

@fluxwavez: 300-400 attendees? I feel like you left some zeros off of that. It's more like 3000-4000 attendees.

Nope. At an E3 press conference, there are about 300-400 attendees.

#7 Posted by Spoonman671 (4373 posts) -

@turboman said:

Nope. At an E3 press conference, there are about 300-400 attendees.

That can't be right. I took classes in college with more people in them.

#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@spoonman671 said:

That's what I'm pretty sure I remember hearing from a GB E3 podcast, but now I'm trying to look for a source.

Hm, can't find anything so I watched this video and it certainly seems like there are much more than 300-400 attendees. I'll remove the OP statement until I can find something more concrete.

So according to this NeoGAF post, E3 2012 press conferences might have had about 10k people? Eh, doesn't seem like there's anything precise anywhere.

#9 Edited by Reisz (1359 posts) -

I'm not too surprised, this feels like the most exciting event in the last couple of years. I completely expect to come out of it disappointed about something, but the way Sony approached this, the mysterious nature of the conference and the degree of excitement for any news on new hardware. It kind of feels like I'm back in seventh grade talking about the launch of the original Playstation. Exciting times.

@nilazz said:

Imagine the smell!

At least this is mostly Industry movers and shakers, in a single conference. Just imagine the main hall of Blizzcon on the final day of the show.... now there's an olfactory assault.

#10 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@spoonman671 said:

That's what I'm pretty sure I remember hearing from a GB E3 podcast, but now I'm trying to look for a source.

E3 is supposed to not have many people since it's exclusive and what not..

#11 Posted by smitty86 (686 posts) -

1200 attendees just waiting to see that new line-up for the Vita!

#12 Posted by Bocam (3552 posts) -

It would be so great if the PS4 wasn't unveiled at this thing. Just imagining the heartbreak is giving me chills.

Please let this be a Vita press event.

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (6355 posts) -

I'll just watch it at home in my pants. Like a normal person.

#14 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

@bocam said:

It would be so great if the PS4 wasn't unveiled at this thing. Just imagining the heartbreak is giving me chills.

I really hope it isn't anything about the PS4 -- or that if it is, it's just "it'll be out later this year, for an undetermined amount at an undetermined date and we're not going to show you what it looks like, but here's a two minute montage of games that will be out for it".

Unfortunately, I don't think Sony would go through all this and bring all these "journalists" out there for anything less.

#15 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

@nilazz said:

Imagine the smell!

Smells like desperation and fritos.

#16 Posted by Grimluck343 (1132 posts) -

Next gen consoles are sooooooo close.

@bocam It would be really funny (and stupid) if Sony didn't announce the PS4 there.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

Oh man, that thing is SOON.

@smitty86: Honestly, I'd rather see a good lineup for the Vita, especially since I already... own one. The PS4? Yeah, that's gonna be cool, though I'm not going to be picking one up until it's got the games to back it up (or, like the Vita, a kick-ass Persona game).

#18 Posted by Pie (6936 posts) -

And a ps4 under every seat

#19 Posted by EVO (3781 posts) -

@branthog said:

@bocam said:

I really hope it isn't anything about the PS4 -- or that if it is, it's just "it'll be out later this year, for an undetermined amount at an undetermined date and we're not going to show you what it looks like, but here's a two minute montage of games that will be out for it".

Unfortunately, I don't think Sony would go through all this and bring all these "journalists" out there for anything less.

Fuck is wrong with you two? You get off on others disappointment or something?

#20 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

Gosh that's a big number, Sony have to unveil the PS4 for an event like this otherwise they will look like the biggest jackasses in the world.

#21 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Please Sony, give a release date for The Last Guardian--I'm begging you.

#22 Posted by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Yeah but how many doritos bags and mountain dew bottles?

This is a Sony event. Not a Halo. Can't you read?!?!

@bocam said:

It will be the PS4. They've been making these "PlayStation Evolution" videos showing off all their consoles in each and talking about them. It can't be anything else BUT the PS4. You don't hype up an event saying "See The Future" & making PlayStation product videos for reveals of some dumb video games. Bring on PS4!

#23 Posted by Aetheldod (3341 posts) -

@evo said:

@branthog said:

@bocam said:

He is not the only one :D just imagine the huge amount of dissapointed people ... oh that would be glorious indeed :3

#24 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

@evo said:

@branthog said:

@bocam said:

He is not the only one :D just imagine the huge amount of dissapointed people ... oh that would be glorious indeed :3

Oh man I feel really bad for wanting to see everyone crushed when they don't reveal the PS4.

#25 Posted by BoFooQ (620 posts) -

@bocam: I had a similar thought, if this was a vita event I would be laughing my ass off. Also if there are going to be that many people there, they would start a rioting. Sony should start with the vita and see how many people get pissed and walk out.

#26 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

Sony better not Fuck this up or they'll have a very large Mob on their hands.

#27 Posted by DarthOrange (3498 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

@spoonman671 said:

E3 is supposed to not have many people since it's exclusive and what not..

I've been to the Shrine in LA and yea, that place is not very big at all.

I wonder how much outside media coverage this thing is going to be getting (outside of gaming sites of course).

#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

Wait, people are still seriously expecting something other than the PS4?

Come on.

#29 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Come on.

There's paramount evidence that this'll be a next gen announcement. Hell the evolution videos with all the Sony consoles is a dead give away.

#30 Posted by Zebracal (74 posts) -

Sony better not Fuck this up or they'll have a very large Mob on their hands.

Oh yes they better not. I'll just watch it right here at the comfort of home.

#31 Edited by Bocam (3552 posts) -

Come on.

No, just that it would be pretty funny if it wasn't.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@bocam said:
@fluxwavez said:

Come on.

No, just that it would be pretty funny if it wasn't.

I agree it would be funny and I don't mean you, but it seems that statements like "Oh man I feel really bad for wanting to see everyone crushed when they don't reveal the PS4." implies that they won't actually reveal it. Might just be me looking too much into it, though.

#33 Posted by Brendan (7514 posts) -

Why the fuck did I read that as "executed"?

#34 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@brendan said:

Why the fuck did I read that as "executed"?

That's probably what's going to happen. We should warn them.

#35 Edited by Miketakon (512 posts) -
#36 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Actually this event is going to reveal Home 2.

#37 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

@sooty said:

And Vita 2.

#38 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

@sooty said:

And Vita 2.

And Gex 4: Return of the Gecko.

#39 Edited by Branthog (7332 posts) -

@evo said:

@branthog said:

@bocam said:

Of course I do. I don't get why that surprises you?!

Or, more, I just like when people build something up so ridiculously much and then it turns out to be something dumb. In this case, it's not so much "I hope all the little gamer babies cry tonight" as it is "it would be hilarious for Sony to rile everyone up and then so miserably bumble this by making it an announcement about the new motion controller PSN game "Pain 2" coming out.

On the other hand, if they do announce the PS4, give lots of details, and are like "this thing is going to be like a nuclear reactor in your home" I will piss myself and hand over all my monkey*.

EDIT: *money