• 64 results
#1 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4558 posts) -

I have a spare promo code because I completely forgot that I was able to get the discount instead of paying $40 for Windows 8. I'm heading out for a bit and I'll pm the promo code to the one person I'll choose at random that wants it when I get back home.

EDIT 1: And it's gone! I just quickly scribbled your names onto paper and drew one at random to give you all a fair shake and BoG was picked. I feel weird that a mod won but I guess it's fair!

EDIT 2: For anyone else who missed out you can still take advantage of this exploit that other people have found out.

@PentilePanda said:

Go to https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com

Windows 7 PC purchase information

Date of purchase *Make up any date within last 2 months.

Name of retailer * Just say whatever retailer.

PC Brand *Other

PC Model * Carbide 500r

That is all it requires, no receipt verification is needed. Anyone can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for £14.99. It gives you a promo code, and you download and install from there.

Personally I am loving Windows 8 Pro. Best £14.99 I have spent in awhile.

#2 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

Oh, pick me.

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7692 posts) -

I'll throw my hat into this. Need a copy for my HTPC now that I finally have this redemption code for Windows Media Center for 8.

#4 Posted by INFINITE_CASH (194 posts) -

I would like it. Let's take a chance.

#5 Posted by Asian2Go (181 posts) -

I would like it! Thanks!

#6 Posted by Jugg (31 posts) -

I'm in! Thanks for the chance!

#7 Posted by kindpixel (2862 posts) -

Oh wow, I was just about to head out and pick it up. This would make the purchase substantially less painful (not that the original price is horrendous or anything).

#8 Posted by AirForcebro (7 posts) -

I'm in too!

#9 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1681 posts) -

oh boy howdy I'd be all about that!

#10 Posted by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

I'd be down for that. =D

#11 Posted by crusader8463 (14433 posts) -

I just bought an OEM disk of Windows 7 a few months back but because I didn't buy a whole computer they don't care and won't give me the promo. Kind of BS in my eyes, but what can ya do.

#12 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

If you pick me that'd be pretty cool, if you don't that wouldn't be pretty cool.

Either way I'm pretty cool.

#13 Posted by Blommer4 (199 posts) -

I'm in, pick me! :D

#14 Posted by Deathshroud (373 posts) -

I would like it please

#15 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Sure, why not?

#16 Posted by AgnosticJesus (545 posts) -

I'd appreciate receiving the code.

#17 Posted by Matll (18 posts) -

I'm in!

#18 Posted by Franstone (1160 posts) -

If you picked me I'd be such a happy little cloud...

: )

#19 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

CL60 Activated.

#20 Posted by Dixego (389 posts) -

That'd be nice.

#21 Posted by BlueStriped (97 posts) -

discounts!

#22 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

Well, I'll throw my name in the pot.

#23 Posted by crusader8463 (14433 posts) -

@Shindiggah said:

If you pick me that'd be pretty cool, if you don't that wouldn't be pretty cool.

Either way I'm pretty cool.

A nice blanket and a hot cup of some hot beverage of your choice warms me up pretty good. You should give it a try if you find yourself being so cool all the time.

#24 Posted by Rosgis (1 posts) -

Oh please!, pick me, i really want it, please!!!

#25 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I'll join the party! And thanks for doing this :D

#26 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

I don't want it.

#27 Posted by Sackmanjones (4763 posts) -

Im willing to have sex with your for that code.... Take that as you will

#28 Posted by PentilePanda (2 posts) -

Go to https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com

Windows 7 PC purchase information

Date of purchase *Make up any date within last 2 months.

Name of retailer * Just say whatever retailer.

PC Brand *Other

PC Model * Carbide 500r

That is all it requires, no receipt verification is needed. Anyone can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for £14.99. It gives you a promo code, and you download and install from there.

Personally I am loving Windows 8 Pro. Best £14.99 I have spent in awhile.

#29 Posted by FreakAche (2957 posts) -

Yeppers!

#30 Posted by PentilePanda (2 posts) -

Can you follow me please, Since i saved you REAL money : )

#31 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4558 posts) -

@psylah said:

I don't want it.

Winner!

#32 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@psylah said:

I don't want it.

Winner!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#33 Posted by pygmy (16 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: I'll take it if no one else has gotten it yet. Thanks for the opportunity!

#34 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

I will do unspeakable things to your lower half, if I am chosen.

#35 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4558 posts) -

@pygmy: @Bucketdeth: Read the updated OP guys. Sorry, it's gone but don't lose hope! Just follow the steps in my updated post and you can snag one for yourself!

#36 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@pygmy: @Bucketdeth: Read the updated OP guys. Sorry, it's gone but don't lose hope! Just follow the steps in my updated post and you can snag one for yourself!

Arn't you a nice guy, thanks Bob!

#37 Posted by Vitor (2834 posts) -

That trick totally worked, free promo code, ace!

#38 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

@Vitor said:

That trick totally worked, free promo code, ace!

Same here! : D

#39 Posted by mlarrabee (3091 posts) -

For those of you using the upgrade code exploit, Microsoft collects information about the machine on which the upgrade participation is done so your slightly illegal copy of Windows 8 may encounter activation problems at some point.

I doubt Microsoft will pursue litigation and this will likely end in much the same way as EA's discount coupon fiasco, but since your purchase of the Windows 8 upgrade is tied to your Windows Live account (and therefore your XBL account, etc.) don't be too surprised if something goes wrong down the road.

#40 Posted by CaLe (4072 posts) -

Does this give me the ability to download Windows 8 onto a USB or anything? I don't wanna do a straight upgrade.

#41 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4558 posts) -

@CaLe: The promo code is just a promo code but I think there was an option in the installation process about putting it on a USB drive. I would look it up to be sure though.

#42 Edited by CaLe (4072 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@CaLe: The promo code is just a promo code but I think there was an option in the installation process about putting it on a USB drive. I would look it up to be sure though.

I just went through with it and yes, it gives you an option to make a USB flash drive installer.

#43 Posted by Sanity (1955 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

For those of you using the upgrade code exploit, Microsoft collects information about the machine on which the upgrade participation is done so your slightly illegal copy of Windows 8 may encounter activation problems at some point.

I doubt Microsoft will pursue litigation and this will likely end in much the same way as EA's discount coupon fiasco, but since your purchase of the Windows 8 upgrade is tied to your Windows Live account (and therefore your XBL account, etc.) don't be too surprised if something goes wrong down the road.

Worked fine for me, i dont think they will care much as i think there really looking for install base more then profits right now anyways. The EA thing was different as it was free games basically. Also, i dont think they can really tell if you did anything wrong, i used this and installed to a formatted hard drive, it never even asked me for my windows 7 key.

#44 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Thanks for the way to get the code. I've just finished installing Windows 8, so far...it's not bad. It's like windows 7 but with the new tile start screen which is nice in itself. For £15 it's hardly a risk.

#45 Posted by Nadril (549 posts) -

Oh sick, nice find. I was a bit hesitant to upgrade for $40, but for $15 why the fuck not?

#46 Edited by Naossoan (1 posts) -

Does anyone know how to get around the Product key validation? Anything I enter on this form now brings me to a page to enter my Windows 7 product key which obviously I don't have since I didn't buy a PC recently. I guess they added this safe-guard recently..?? Ugh. I guess I won't be buying it now. Oh well, too bad for you Microsoft.

#47 Posted by Mafuchi (46 posts) -

@Naossoan: If you have windows 7 installed just right click to properties on "Computer". This will bring up info about your windows experience (that scale 1-7) with info about your processor and what not. At the bottom of this page you will see your windows 7 key under "Windows Activation"

#48 Posted by Swoxx (3010 posts) -

That totally worked. Windows 8 here I come.

#49 Posted by crusader8463 (14433 posts) -

Now I need to find one of those ancient and long forgotten things know as a blank DVD. The only thumb drive I have is a 1GB version so that won't work. Is there anyway to trick an external hard drive into thinking that it's a thumb drive? Got a big one of those laying around.

#50 Posted by Ninjaduck88 (63 posts) -

@CaLe: How big USB flash drive do you need for that?