#1 Posted by m16mojo2 (282 posts) -

I have not owned a console since the mid 90's. I'm looking to pick up a PS3 because, I really want to play the Uncharted series.

Is a 20g worth $185? Also, would I be able to connect it up to my PC monitor? I'm pretty sure it has an HDMI port.

#2 Edited by Zajtalan (1153 posts) -

no foo. for 200 you can get a 250g slim, on gamestop that is.

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

Yeah; not sure if the deal's still going on, but on Black Friday there was a 250gb bundle for $200. If it's gone, it'll probably come back around as we get closer to Christmas, so I'd definitely wait and get that if I were you and you're looking to buy.

#4 Edited by Xero0 (56 posts) -

im selling 160gb ps3 slim w/ 12 games (most never opened, still sealed) on ebay since i never really use the ps3 except once or twice.. i sent you pm if you're interested :)

#5 Posted by FTomato (233 posts) -

Many PS3 games require large forced installs. 20gb probably isn't enough.

#6 Posted by Nightriff (4349 posts) -

If you are only interested in Uncharted series you are good to go. If you get more games you might have to delete saved data or you could just throw in a bigger HD like I did

#7 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

That must of been a typo because I don't think they still offer 20GB's..?

#8 Posted by adam1808 (1214 posts) -

20gbs? Not worth it, part of the reason why buying a PS3 now is a good idea is PS+ and 20gb just isn't enough.

#9 Posted by EndlessObsidian (470 posts) -

I wouldn't. Also, just an FYI, the 20GB model DOES NOT have WiFi.

#10 Posted by Svenzon (699 posts) -

No, that's a terrible deal. I have an old 40GB model and having so little harddrive space is a major problem.

#11 Posted by Snail (8470 posts) -

The Uncharted series isn't even close to being the best reason to own a PS3. There are a ton of exclusives worth checking out.

#12 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

I'm going to have to agree with every other person in this thread: 20GB is not nearly enough storage for a PS3.

#13 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (917 posts) -

The 20g PS3's where only out at launch and had missing hardware, and probably has a lot of miles on it by now. So unless you really need to play PS2 games on it no, you might as well spend a few extra dollars and get a new slim with a bigger hard drive.

#14 Posted by Vextroid (1316 posts) -

But couldn't the old 20Gb ones do PS2 BC?

#15 Posted by Quarters (1548 posts) -

I would go for the higher hard drive model. Like others have said, a lot of games require installs, which will get old fast. On top of that, if you really get into the system, and end up buying PS+, you're going to starting regretting your decision in record speed.

#16 Posted by Godmil (134 posts) -

Yep, PS+ is an amazing feature for new owners (something like 12 really good games 'free' at the moment), The latest addition Crysis 2 is nearly 20gig by itself though.

#17 Posted by zerostasis (15 posts) -

Wait is that an older model? With PS2 backwards compatibility? If it is then it's good pick.