Wow....

caption

#2 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

what the heck is that?

#3 Posted by Pleasureizmine (2136 posts) -
Shawn said:
"what the heck is that?
"
A SKU tracker, they are used to forecaster future sales with product update information, aswell for current sales. Companies give out the information before hand.
#4 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

This is sweet, but its only for the arcade SKU so its practically meaningless to a real gamer, since they will have to spend a lot more to get an HDD on there.

#5 Edited by pause422 (6187 posts) -

Exactly,who the hell would want to buy the arcade honestly, they even said some games are restricted a bit by the possibility that some people don't have HDD's I think thats a bit dumb.
they would still need to spend another 100 some bucks on a HDD(180 still for 120 one I think?)

#6 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

the arcade bundle suddenly becomes very interesting.
i can imagine a lot of modders buying them now.

#7 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Buy an arcade 360, then buy a 20GB HDD which costs like 100 bucks, so thats $300 right there.. then if you want a 120GB; lol.

It's just such a scam to make people think 'oh its cheaper' when really its not, unfortunately.

#8 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Not making hard drives mandatory was a dumb decision by Microsoft. Especially now that they offer so many HD specific features. Making Hard Drives cost more than 1.50 per gigabyte was an even dumber decision by Microsoft.

#9 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
According to an anonymous "mole" close to Ars Technica (with a reliable track record, by the way), Microsoft will reduce the price of Xbox 360 models in early September. Provided the source makes good on his claims again, the Arcade model (no hard drive) will drop from $279 to an attractive $199. The Pro model (60GB) will revert from $349 to the current clearance price of $299, while the Elite model (120GB) will drop from $449 to $399. Microsoft was not immediately available for comment when contacted by GamePro on Friday.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=206317

While the arcade price going down isn't really exciting, it means that the price of the other SKUs will go down, which is great news! :D
#10 Posted by fresh2deafbill (805 posts) -

cool but its the arcade console

#11 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Not making hard drives mandatory was a dumb decision by Microsoft. Especially now that they offer so many HD specific features. Making Hard Drives cost more than 1.50 per gigabyte was an even dumber decision by Microsoft.
"

It's a smart decision for them, because it forces the user to eventually buy one, paying more money on the system.
#12 Posted by AmericanPegasus (392 posts) -

All the other SKU's are going down.

#13 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

This is pretty good news for those who haven't bought one yet. Maybe my friend will finally go out and get one.

#14 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

good news for casuals

#15 Posted by natsfan7 (56 posts) -

This could be huge for the 360......

#16 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
natsfan7 said:
"This could be huge for the 360......"

Yeah, I agree, if it was the other versions (not arcade). Either way its still a big deal though.
#17 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Ok

#18 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

It's the arcade system.

#19 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

1) Yes, the Arcade sucks. In fact, it's objectively not just bad, but Evil. It's primary purpose is to fool gift-givers and casual gamers into buying a product that doesn't do what they think it does.

2) This is still good news, because it basically confirms the other rumored price drops.