This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SexwithTrees (2 posts) -

We went from the year 2000 [Timesplitters, Majora's Mask, Banjo-Tooie, Diablo II, Balder's Gate II, Year of the Dragon, Skies of Arcadia, Deus Ex, Code Veronica, Marvel vs Capcom 2, & Perfect Dark].... to 2001 [Halo]. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. "Now, for ten years we've been on our own And moss grows fat on a rolling stone But, that's not how it used to be When the jester sang for the king and queen"

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9965 posts) -

Seriously dude... find something better to do. All this is doing is just wasting some poor moderator's time. You don't need to keep making new accounts and posting this again and again. We get it. Give it a rest.

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

What a shitty thread this instantly became.

#5 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Timesplitters sucked.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Yea, this is a pretty crap post. I don't even have to say why.

#7 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Timesplitters sucked.

#8 Posted by Herocide (442 posts) -

What

#9 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Stacrfat 2, Dragon Age Origins, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Persona 3 and 4, MGS 3 and 4, yep no good games after 2001.

#10 Posted by Shinryu (245 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Timesplitters sucked.

I second this motion

#11 Posted by TheKing (835 posts) -

Flag and walk away.

#12 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Go away.

#13 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

yeah 2001 was rough, the only game that came out was halo

#14 Posted by SexwithTrees (2 posts) -

That's because most Call of Duty fans weren't born yet when TimeSplitters came out.

#15 Posted by believer258 (11948 posts) -

"Year of the Dragon"? Do you mean Spyro 3 by that?

Anyway, we also had Jak and Daxter that year. Remember that some years are just not good. Last year, for instance, didn't hold many games, especially when compared to this year's incredible cornucopia of excellent offerings topped off by the likes of Skyrim and Saints Row the Third. As for the time between? Well, I for one thought this past decade was excellent. We had Metroid Prime and a Metroid revival in general, we had Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, we had Kingdom Hearts, we had the Ratchet and Clank series, we had Bioshock, we had Half-Life 2, we had Portal, etc.

Or am I completely missing the OP's point?

#16 Posted by imsh_pl (3296 posts) -

"You cannot flag anything right now - please try again tomorrow or get in touch with a moderator."

#17 Edited by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

Don't feed the trolls, I know, but wasn't 2011 fucking amazing, guys? Skyrim, Portal 2, Gears 3, Dead Space 2, Saints Row the Third, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Dark Souls, Arkham City, Ghost Trick, Witcher 2, Skyward Sword...and that was 10 years after the "death of gaming!"

#18 Posted by Maajin (1068 posts) -

2001 is also the year of Max Payne.

#19 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

Yep, 2001 was a pretty harsh year for those without an Xbox, not a single game got released. That was tough.

#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (14080 posts) -

Aaaaaand we are locked.

#21 Posted by BlastProcessing (917 posts) -

@CL60 said:

There will never be a finer reply.

#22 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

"You cannot flag anything right now - please try again tomorrow or get in touch with a moderator."

Same

#23 Posted by poser (426 posts) -

I'll give the OP this....

2001 was the year First Person Shooters died. Regen and console-first development as killed the genre.

Also seriously for TF2 to be the ONLY shooter with free post-launch content, in past 10 years, is disgusting.

#24 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

What's wrong with TimeSplitters? It's beauty was decidedly burgeoned by the PS2's launch, but couldn't the same be said of nigh every third party launch game? Moreover, the series would go on to flourish like a marvelous butterfly with its second incarnation.