Megakrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Megakrang

*Cross posted from my gaming blog*

Here's my recap of 2008 in video gaming. I have decided to do it in bullet point style, because I am lazy. Stream of consciousness, here we go!

- Finally reaching rank 55, Commander, in Call of Duty 4 on the PC. It only took me about 35 hours over the space of a year...
- Sitting down and slogging through the remaining few levels of Gears Of War, and Rainbow Six: Vegas over the space of a couple of days. I hated them both by the end, particularly GOW.
-
Settling with getting about 25 frames per second average on Crysis on medium detail. The game itself only took about 12 hours to complete, with the last few hours of them being particularly boring.
- Being incredibly addicted to ChronoTrigger on my SNES emulator for about a week, and then losing interest.
- Finally getting Fahrenheit to work on Vista, and then losing interest.
- Completing Syberia after playing it off an on for over a year.
- Being completely blown away by the sheer awesomeness of Mass Effect. Game of the year for me.
- Being completely underwhelmed by Assassin's Creed. Pretty graphics and amazing technology can only mask shallow gameplay for so long.
- Playing both EverQuest II, and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes briefly. Neither managed to hold my interest. My search for a decent MMORPG goes on.
- Completing Myst V: End of Ages, thereby finally completing the entire Myst saga. It really is one of my favourite gaming series of all time.
- Upgrading my computer a couple of times, thanks to the relative cheapness of components in Australia. Mmmmm, 4GB of Ram and GTX 260 video card.
- Being horrendously addicted to TrackMania for a couple of weeks.
- The slight disappointment of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky. Not enough spooky underground bits like in the first game!
- Playing and falling in love with Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on my SCUMMVM.
- Experiencing the brilliant online joy of Left 4 Dead.
-
Being frustrated at living in a country that doesn't have an R18 rating for video games.
- Finally finding Beyond Good and Evil for sale on PC. I downloaded it through Steam.
- Buying a Wii. The initial excitement wore off long ago, and to be honest I haven't even played it for the last few months, but I still think it's a cool little machine.

Okay, that's about it. I can't think of too much more. I'm already in the process of creating some shiny new 2009 memories. Huzzah!

Megakrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Megakrang

*Cross posted from my gaming blog*

Here's my recap of 2008 in video gaming. I have decided to do it in bullet point style, because I am lazy. Stream of consciousness, here we go!

- Finally reaching rank 55, Commander, in Call of Duty 4 on the PC. It only took me about 35 hours over the space of a year...
- Sitting down and slogging through the remaining few levels of Gears Of War, and Rainbow Six: Vegas over the space of a couple of days. I hated them both by the end, particularly GOW.
-
Settling with getting about 25 frames per second average on Crysis on medium detail. The game itself only took about 12 hours to complete, with the last few hours of them being particularly boring.
- Being incredibly addicted to ChronoTrigger on my SNES emulator for about a week, and then losing interest.
- Finally getting Fahrenheit to work on Vista, and then losing interest.
- Completing Syberia after playing it off an on for over a year.
- Being completely blown away by the sheer awesomeness of Mass Effect. Game of the year for me.
- Being completely underwhelmed by Assassin's Creed. Pretty graphics and amazing technology can only mask shallow gameplay for so long.
- Playing both EverQuest II, and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes briefly. Neither managed to hold my interest. My search for a decent MMORPG goes on.
- Completing Myst V: End of Ages, thereby finally completing the entire Myst saga. It really is one of my favourite gaming series of all time.
- Upgrading my computer a couple of times, thanks to the relative cheapness of components in Australia. Mmmmm, 4GB of Ram and GTX 260 video card.
- Being horrendously addicted to TrackMania for a couple of weeks.
- The slight disappointment of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky. Not enough spooky underground bits like in the first game!
- Playing and falling in love with Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on my SCUMMVM.
- Experiencing the brilliant online joy of Left 4 Dead.
-
Being frustrated at living in a country that doesn't have an R18 rating for video games.
- Finally finding Beyond Good and Evil for sale on PC. I downloaded it through Steam.
- Buying a Wii. The initial excitement wore off long ago, and to be honest I haven't even played it for the last few months, but I still think it's a cool little machine.

Okay, that's about it. I can't think of too much more. I'm already in the process of creating some shiny new 2009 memories. Huzzah!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Gears of War boring?

Megakrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Megakrang

By the end, yeah. Just got too repetitive for me by that stage.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
Megakrang said:
"By the end, yeah. Just got too repetitive for me by that stage."

Interesting.