2008 Year in Review

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Edited By PerryVandell

Well, 2008 has definitely  been a busy year, both in games, and in the world. The economy is on it's lowest decline since the Great Depression, and we now have a president who seems competent enough to get the country through this crisis. That's enough of the real world now to take a look at the games that game out this year. 2008 was a year that arguably topped 2007 with a plethora of magnificent games such as Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Fable II, Prince of Persia, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Left 4 Dead, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Dead Space to name a few. Some of these games I still need to start and I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of games that are out. 

I am also looking forward to 2009 where we will be treated to Prototype, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII (maybe though my money is on 2010) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I have confidence that 2009 will prove to be another great year for gaming and hopefully a great year for life in general. 
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By PerryVandell

Well, 2008 has definitely  been a busy year, both in games, and in the world. The economy is on it's lowest decline since the Great Depression, and we now have a president who seems competent enough to get the country through this crisis. That's enough of the real world now to take a look at the games that game out this year. 2008 was a year that arguably topped 2007 with a plethora of magnificent games such as Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Fable II, Prince of Persia, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Left 4 Dead, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Dead Space to name a few. Some of these games I still need to start and I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of games that are out. 

I am also looking forward to 2009 where we will be treated to Prototype, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII (maybe though my money is on 2010) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I have confidence that 2009 will prove to be another great year for gaming and hopefully a great year for life in general. 
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

2008 was indeed a great year full of top-notch games , In my opinion 2008 was a turning point in gaming industry when games  Like GTA IV and MGS4 with extremely huge budgets proved that  video gaming industry  could be as important and influential as Hollywood (if not more !) .