Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged
@Nick: Sorry about that, fixed now...  Also I guess I am basing AAA off popularity...
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DanielJW

Modnation Racers!  

I actually don't have the slightest clue if it's any good, but I like the cut of it's jib. 

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By r0k1ll

ff14 could be coming this year.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SirPsychoSexy
@PeasForFees said:
" You should probably take Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell off because they are not exclusives. "
They are as far as ps3 and 360 goes as the title suggests
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ
@DanielJW said:
" Modnation Racers!   I actually don't have the slightest clue if it's any good, but I like the cut of it's jib.  "
agreed. That should be on the PS3 list 

I suppose while we're on the subject: 
Wii: 
Metroid Other M 
Zelda 
Super Mario Galaxy 2 
Monster Hunter Tri 
Tales of Graces 

PSP: 
The Third Birthday (Parasite Eve Spinoff) 
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 

DS: 
Pokemon Soul Silver 
Golden Sun DS 
Infinite Space 
Shantae
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By captain_clayman

metro 2033 is exclusive? 
DAMN IT! 

yeah and take off mass effect and splinter cell as they are for PC as well.

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morningdrive

You Forgot White Knight Chronicles!!! and Modnation Racers!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CL60
@captain_clayman said:
"yeah and take off mass effect and splinter cell as they are for PC as well. "
Umm...they ARE console exclusives...it doesn't matter if they are on PC, we are talking about console exclusivity here.

People always say don't include these games when it comes to naming console exclusives and it makes no sense...because they are.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Atlas

I don't think you can call The Last Guardian, Metro 2033 and Crackdown 2 as AAA titles. I don't think any of those games are likely to sell more than a couple of million copies, certainly not Halo or Gran Turismo numbers. They might be good games, or even great games, but none of them are system sellers.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By sixghost
@Atlas said:
" I don't think you can call The Last Guardian, Metro 2033 and Crackdown 2 as AAA titles. I don't think any of those games are likely to sell more than a couple of million copies, certainly not Halo or Gran Turismo numbers. They might be good games, or even great games, but none of them are system sellers. "
Where is being a AAA game defined as selling X number of copies?
morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morningdrive
@sixghost said:
" @Atlas said:
" I don't think you can call The Last Guardian, Metro 2033 and Crackdown 2 as AAA titles. I don't think any of those games are likely to sell more than a couple of million copies, certainly not Halo or Gran Turismo numbers. They might be good games, or even great games, but none of them are system sellers. "
Where is being a AAA game defined as selling X number of copies? "
thats what I was gonna say haha. Just cuz a game sells alot doesn't make it a AAA title. Plus Team Ico has a pretty good following, alot of people are looking forward to The Last Guardian
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

Doode Yakuzaaaaa 3! If that counts since of course its been around for a year in japan.
S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

updated the list...

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#17  Edited By citizenkane

Good thing for me that I own both of the systems.  ^__^

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai
@CitizenKane said:
" Good thing for me that I own both of the systems.  ^__^ "
That's crazy talk. Owning both consoles so you can enjoy the game they both have to offer is...is...just insane. We all know that the best way to go is to have blind loyalty to just one brand and then just say the other games suck... ;)
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By iam3green

cool list. so far the list that i am waiting on are alan wake, grand turismo 5, fable 3, and god of war 3. i think this will be a good year for games.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By shirogane

This list wouldn't be that much longer if you just went and put all exclusives not just the AAA ones would it? Might as well just do that.
S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged
@Shirogane: I dont know of any other exclusives at the moment.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'll be excited about ModNation Racers after I see how the game play is.
A kart racing construction set is a super cool idea no doubt, but without killer kart racing gameplay what's the point?

I hope it's good cause if it's good, it could be real good.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@morningdrive said:
" You Forgot White Knight Chronicles!!! and Modnation Racers! "
White Knight Chronicles has been available for import for sometime...  Even if you're into your JRPG's, it's not AAA.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By get2sammyb

What us Metro 2033? I'd never even heard of it.

ModNation Racers looks rad by the way. Remember Europeans, first 100,000 downloading from the PS Store this Thursday get in the beta.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cazamalos

FF 14 is a exclusive lol, same as TRICO and if you put Fable 3 then you should put  FF 13 : Versus just saying....

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho

What the hell is Metro 2033? One trailer comes out and its suddenly triple A? That's stretching it.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By eclipsesis

What about White knight Chronicles 2, i believe thats out in japan this year,

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@cazamalos said:

" FF 14 is a exclusive lol, same as TRICO and if you put Fable 3 then you should put  FF 13 : Versus just saying.... "

FF14 is exclusive, for now.  But they outright said it'd probably be coming out on the 360 later, completely removing the point of Sony's E3 announcement.
But 14 and Versus are most likely not even coming out in Japan this year, let alone the US.  Fable III is, unless it suffers a delay.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@ryanwho said:

" What the hell is Metro 2033? One trailer comes out and its suddenly triple A? That's stretching it. "

Two trailers actually. It seems like Microsoft are really getting behind this, so I can see it being a pretty big thing.

And what about that Rockstar North PS3 exclusive they unveiled at E3. Agent was it?
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pause422

Metro and SC Conviction are not exclusives.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RobotHamster

Damn this will be a good year, good thing im a GAMER and will enjoy and appreciate all of these games when they come out instead of bashing on a game because its on the other console. It gets really annoying when people say a game sucks even though they didn't play it. I'm going to try and play all these games but I don't think I'll like halo because I've played halo and I don't like halo, and gran turismo 5 because I don't like racing games, see I gave an explanation as to why i don't like them instead of just saying they suck, and to be fair I picked a big game on each system.  Everything else on the lists are going to be awesome and I'm going to get to play them and what sucks are the ignorant people who just like to troll.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cazamalos
@WinterSnowblind:  that's what i was trying to say, is very unlikely that fable 3 get a release in 2010 (so as ff13:versus)  and sure ff14 on 360 is a matter of time but i think not this year ,
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@pause422 said:
" Metro and SC Conviction are not exclusives. "
YES THEY ARE! We're talking about console exclusives, this has already been stated.
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@cazamalos said:
" @WinterSnowblind:  that's what i was trying to say, is very unlikely that fable 3 get a release in 2010 (so as ff13:versus)  and sure ff14 on 360 is a matter of time but i think not this year , "
It's still a very different situation.  The two FF games have a very remote chance of being released anywhere in 2010.  I don't think it's fair to include them on a list here, where as Fable 3 is set for release in November.  If it gets pushed back, it gets pushed back.  But the same could be said for any other game on the list.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikkaQ

Can anyone here even properly set parameters for AAA titles? No. It's a bullshit marketer's term. 

Also this year needs more exclusives that I care about. I care about maybe 8 or 9, and I'd buy maybe half that or less, but that's not enough to justify owning more than one console right now. 

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By frankxiv
@creamypies said:
" @pause422 said:
YES THEY ARE! We're talking about console exclusives, this has already been stated. "
yeah but if you own a ps3 and a pc, you're not missing out on them like you are the other actual exclusives
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@XII_Sniper said:
" Can anyone here even properly set parameters for AAA titles? No. It's a bullshit marketer's term.  Also this year needs more exclusives that I care about. I care about maybe 8 or 9, and I'd buy maybe half that or less, but that's not enough to justify owning more than one console right now.  "
Heavily anticipated titles, that are expected to be very high quality.  I'd assume.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By Karmum
@Atlas said:

You're aware of what an AAA game is, right? Sales have nothing to do with that. For me they don't, as long as its critically acclaimed (which seems to be 90 percent or above on GameRankings/Metacritic).

Going to be picking up a PS3 soon, can't wait to pick up some of the aforementioned exclusives, too. God of War III in March baby! X360's list isn't too shabby, either.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pause422

So far there are no exclusives that I greatly care for at all, and the few I do, I'm getting on the PC.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Al3xand3r

At least 3 of those 360 "exclusive" games I'll be playing (if they turn out good) without owning a 360 >_>

And Metro is most definitely not AAA. It may end up being a damn good game like STALKER but it's neither from a renowned developer people like to root for, nor very popular (so far) which you claim is what you based the term AAA (lol?) on. Not that people should care more for AAA, just saying.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By Atlas

For those confused about the meaning of AAA titles, it was a term invented by marketing departments to describe blockbuster games that sell zillions of copies, not just games that reviewed very well. I think you could make a good case for BioShock not being a AAA title; sure, it was amazingly good and sold well, but it's not a system seller. AAA titles are Halo, Gears, Call of Duty, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, the established names, some of whom have been going for a very long time. People know the brand, and know the games, even if they don't play a lot of games. I wonder how many people know what Metro 2033 is. Hell, I follow games closely and I barely know.

So yeah, AAA titles = blockbuster games that sell lots of copies. Review scores have nothing to do with it. Think I'm wrong? Then ask Jeff and Ryan, because I distinctly remember an episode of the Bombcast where they called out people who grasped the wrong end of the AAA titles stick and set them straight.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MeierTheRed
@Mordukai said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" Good thing for me that I own both of the systems.  ^__^ "
That's crazy talk. Owning both consoles so you can enjoy the game they both have to offer is...is...just insane. We all know that the best way to go is to have blind loyalty to just one brand and then just say the other games suck... ;) "
You got that right, it should be illegal to have fun with both systems.
nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By nick_verissimo

I really hope that Fable 3 is actually coming out this year, because if not, I probably won't be buying anything but multi-platform games again for my 360. At least the PS3's lineup is really stellar at the moment.  They've definitely picked up the ball and have ran with it the last little while.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AhmadMetallic

you know i used to think Microsoft always get the cooler games but no it seems that the exclusives for PS3 every year are alot fucking sexier and more bombastic ... (PC here btw)

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikkaQ
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" Can anyone here even properly set parameters for AAA titles? No. It's a bullshit marketer's term.  Also this year needs more exclusives that I care about. I care about maybe 8 or 9, and I'd buy maybe half that or less, but that's not enough to justify owning more than one console right now.  "
Heavily anticipated titles, that are expected to be very high quality.  I'd assume. "

But that is so based on personal opinion, and marketing hype that there aren't any actual parameters. That's such a loose definition. CAlling something AAA sounds pretty dumb, if no one can actually qualify it. 
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#46  Edited By sjschmidt93

I'd say add FFV13.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By Cirdain
@pause422 said:
oh snap!
gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gike987

I'm able to play three  of the 360 exclusives on the PC.
And I don't care if they are"console exclusive". Exclusive should mean only for the 360, not only for the 360 if we pretend the PC doesn't exist.
And Metro looks good, but it's far from an AAA game.

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By XxBarretxX

PS3: 
Starhawk 
3D Dot Game Heroes 
Eyepet    
Agency