#151 Edited by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

@jorbear said:

@Redsox44: I only got into it because I found a good group of friends to play it with. For me, I play it less for the actual game, and more for the social aspect of it. That is not to say that the game isn't amazing, because it is, like really amazing.

Yea, I don't really have friends to play it with and I suck but even then I can still see that it's an amazing game which is why I'm bummed that I'm not into it. But I did recently gift it to one of my friends who's a big LoL player and he likes it and he's already way better than me, so maybe i can just have fun leeching off of him for a while.

#152 Posted by me3639 (1753 posts) -

Its good to see the diversity in games everyone has spent so many hours. I think it shows how strong some games are that you cant provide a real strength of a game with a review or a 30 minute quick look. Its players, developers and the communities built around some of these games that are providing strong long lasting fun experiences. Salute to those grinding away and having fun.

I have 2 games from 2012:

Kingdoms of Amalur: I did everything in the game and i think it took me around 130-150 hours. The best complement i can say is that there was nt one bug in the game. It never crashed, locked up, failed quest, etc. pretty impressive for the size of the world. Really disappointing they wont be able to provide a sequel as it had strong bones just needed some added depth to the world.

Jagged Alliance Back in Action: I restarted my initial game after about 20 hours, and im currently logged in at about 130 so i will probably end up with 150 or so hours when im done(im currently getting ready to storm the fortress). I was going to pick up xcom at the but this was on sale for 15$. That is all it is worth. It is so time consuming from the learning curve, difficulty, and player management but completing a mission without dying or taking hardly any damage is some of the most satisfying experiences i had all year. I really hope JA is going to get a proper sequel...soon.

#153 Edited by Winsord (1209 posts) -

I've put 92 hours into Forza Horizon, so that'd probably be the main one that was released this year. Probably put a good 200+ into Forza 4 this year though, and I've got 60 or so in Dragon's Dogma. Only have had Guild Wars 2 for three weeks now, and I've put 30 hours into it, and that's with having had two weeks of exams in that period. I don't have it tracked, but I've also put a dumb amount of time into RaiderZ this year, I've got 30 hours tracked in the official release and I must have played at least three times as much in the beta; I'd guess I put up to 120 hours into that this year, between the alpha, beta and release.

Edit: I feel like I should also add that even though I wasn't listening to his release from this year, I listened to 356 hours of Tim Hecker.

#154 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

In Fifa 13 Club mode, probably over 300 hours already.

#155 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -

Diablo III

#156 Posted by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 for sure. That multiplayer really hooked me.

#157 Posted by Nentisys (889 posts) -

Dark Souls PC > Guild Wars 2

#158 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2052 posts) -

I spent a lot of time in ME3. I've also spent a lot of time in Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden.

#159 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I played hella Minecraft early on in the year, but 2012 game would have to be Borderlands/Borderlands 2, I played both those games to completion one after the other from August-October.

#160 Posted by Grillbar (1814 posts) -

either diablo 3 or guild wars 2

#161 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

Diablo 3 or Civ V, hard to say which.

#162 Edited by MasterBrief (185 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 around 200h (including the online) Borderlands 2 120h and then LEGO Lord of the Rings around 50h. Not too many 2012 games

#163 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

SWTOR which is weird because i never really played much of MMO before besides putting a few hours into STO and DCUO

#164 Posted by ikaruga (192 posts) -

diablo 3 which I spent about 60 hrs playing, after that is ME3 which was 26 hours. If you count free to play then LoL which I think I must have play more than 100 hours this year.

#165 Posted by Kiltak (1 posts) -

Crusader Kings 2, a true time-sink the hallmark of a great game imho :)

#166 Posted by buft (3316 posts) -

Diablo 3 followed closely by Mass Effect 3 and i've starting a third playthrough of that again yesterday.

#167 Posted by MoonlightMoth (468 posts) -

Rather depressingly, given my general indifference towards the game, I've spent the most time with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (40 hours).

#168 Posted by CaLe (3959 posts) -

38 hours with XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

#169 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -

Diablo 3.

#170 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

I played Mass Effect 3's multiplayer for a stupid amount of time.

Apart from that? I liked Fez a lot, and it sure felt like I played that for a while. Put a whole hunk of time into Skyrim post-DLC, which I know doesn't count but ought to get a mention regardless.

#171 Edited by ProfessorK (822 posts) -

More than likely ME3's MP. Either that or Dragon's Dogma as I played the hell out of Everfall on my first two playthroughs and am in the middle of my third on hard since the free dlc dropped.

#172 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Aside from League of Legends, probably Twilight Princess as I've been speedrunning that on and off.

#173 Posted by pweidman (2325 posts) -

Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2. Both are over 300 hrs., and I'm not done with either. ME3 in third place probably and that's primarily because of the that co-op mp that was(and still is)damn fun.

#174 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 clocking in at around 40 hours.

#175 Posted by JohnstonThistle (42 posts) -

SFxT

Shows how much this year has kinda sucked. Still getting the likes of Dishonored, Far Cry 3 and Hitman for xmas though and I'm sure I'll love them.

#176 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

I think it would be Persona 4 Golden but Diablo III is probably quite high up there as well

#177 Posted by Village_Guy (2546 posts) -

World of Warcraft with Mists of Pandaria probably.

#178 Posted by Redhotchilimist (205 posts) -

@AllIsHeresy: I almost feel bitter towards Amalur, which is a little bit unfair when I played all the DLC after I ran through the last continent and finished the game 40 hours in. Don't now about you, but I listened to podcasts the entire time and used it as a sort of boring, but unstressfull break. Became a habit. I look back at it and haven't got very fond memories of actually having a good time, but I suppose it did some things right.

#179 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I think it's Borderlands 2, currently at  84 hours on steam

#180 Posted by Shirogane (3569 posts) -

Easily GW2, though i can't say how many hours, i just know that it's probably at least 100 more than any other game, probably more than every other game in the year together. That might be pushing it a bit though.

#181 Posted by johncallahan (559 posts) -

Yeah, probably Diablo, Persona 4: Golden, Sleepy Dawgs, or Far Cry 3. Haven't checked to see which one is out front but it's definitely one of those.

#182 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

I haven't really liked many games this year. Dishonored (13 hours) barely beats out The Walking Dead (12.5 hours)

#183 Posted by sharkeh (71 posts) -

Skyrim.

#184 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1360 posts) -

I couldn't tell you exactly how long I played, but between two playthoughs of The Witcher 2 and a still ongoing classic mode game of XCOM I'd say those saw a substantial amount of time. Then there's Persona 4, which clocked in about 80 hours and is probably the most I've played any game this year so far.

#185 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Syndicate, around 40 hours

#186 Posted by Karkarov (3071 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Dragon's Dogma easily. I beat that game 2 and a half times.

Same, over 200 hours in it. Second place would be Borderlands 2, around 120 hours there playing MP with friends. If I count mmo's (and you shouldn't) I would probably say WoW though I quit when pandaria came out.

#187 Posted by Svenzon (718 posts) -

I guess Dragon's Dogma? Clocked in at around 45-50 hours and I didn't even like that game. :(

#188 Posted by GunGunW (60 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, four playthroughs

Resident Evil 6, 90+ hours

#189 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Diablo III hands down. I loved that game despite its reception.

#190 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

P4A, but by the time I'm finished with Borderlands 2 it'll be that.

#191 Edited by fisk0 (4033 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma. I've probably spent a good 70 hours in that game.

Don't think I close to even 10 hours in any other game released this year (of the 12 hours Steam claims I've played Planetside 2, about 7 of them was me leaving the patcher up when I went to sleep).

#192 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Theatrythm: Final Fantasy.

#193 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Persona 4 Arena by far. Game doesn't indicate how much time has been spent playing it, but I'm sure it'd be over 300 hours.

#194 Posted by Tidel (360 posts) -

Kid Icarus: Uprising. Upwards of 40 hours for sure. I really dug it.

#195 Posted by StarvingGamer (8150 posts) -

Dunno exact hours but probably Diablo 3 followed by Borderlands 2. Although I did put a TON of time into ME3 multiplayer.

#196 Posted by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. That multiplayer's got it's hooks into me something fierce.

That aside: Binding of Isaac came out with a VERY impressive expansion that got me back into it, so I'll call it my 2012 2011 game.

#197 Posted by orionw (62 posts) -

Planetside 2 128 hours and still putting 6h a day into it, Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 close behind.

#198 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

XCOM, GW2, and Darksiders II.

Probably the most in GW2. DS2 and XCOM are tied at around 50 hours each.

#199 Posted by VoshiNova (1677 posts) -

Fucking XCOM.

I played entirely too much XCOM.

Also, Fallout New Vegas...but that's because I'm a crazy person.

#200 Edited by DJJoeJoe (1324 posts) -

I don't know how, but I spent a lot of time with Borderlands 2, haven't played any of the DLC or anything either. I think it's a lot easier to really spent time with a game when you have online friends that are playing it as hard, or harder, than you. Makes the boring parts dissolve into nothingness as you glide past them while you talk about shit or about the game or whatever. That said I had a personal issue with online co-op in a lot of games, I'm a slower game player than all my online friends who seem only concerned with maxing it out and finishing it as fast as possible. Turns games into something very different than they are and I easily miss 100% of the thread as the game progresses, only retaining visuals on the environments as I go through them. I couldn't tell you ANY of what happens in Borderlands 2.

EDIT: It doesn't really matter if I could play a game as fast or at the same pace as the others I'm playing with because if it's even a bit off from how them play (with them wanting to play even a tiny bit faster) then I instantly can't track anything that goes on in the game and it becomes a 'always be running towards them, towards the objective, towards the loading screen' until someone gets tired (usually me hours before I give in and leave).

Anyone else feel like this when playing with online friends?