• 153 results
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

That's a longer list than games I can name from 2012 that I legitimately enjoyed.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@MildMolasses: Dead Island is basically just an expansion. I loved the concept of the original, but unless you can get past it being janky as fuck, it won't be any better than the original. Unless it's gone through massive changes since the last time I saw it.

I just don't want you getting super excited like I did when I heard they were making another game, and then finally saw it and got super bummed out.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By david3cm

If the lack of quality video games coming out (not that I agree with that statement) is enough to make your year a bad one, you should reevaluate your life. At least look into finding an alternative way to spend your time, may I suggest reading, or going outside and getting active, or sleeping more ( I would opt for the third option).

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#54  Edited By ArbitraryWater

No...? I mean, unless you are playing every single new game in succession like you were a cynical, world-weary game journalist, there will always be enough games that pique your interest to be worth playing, regardless of the year.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By NoobSauceG7

GTA V, Dark Souls 2, The Last of Us, Pokemon X/Y, Bioshock Infinite, Rayman Legends. I am super psyched for these games plus all the other games coming out and that will be announced during E3.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HerbieBug

there is a lot more to the market than the big budget big studio stuff. this year may well be a repeat of the last, with many of the best games being smaller budget titles that come out of nowhere.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By recroulette

New consoles probably being announced in March. HOPEFULLY everything that has been announced this year gets left in the dust.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Grixxel

Not sure what you're talking about, some great games are expected to come out this year! I think you're just being ... sexist.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Hey guys, lets start the year off with negatively! That sounds fun.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By MildMolasses

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@MildMolasses: Dead Island is basically just an expansion. I loved the concept of the original, but unless you can get past it being janky as fuck, it won't be any better than the original. Unless it's gone through massive changes since the last time I saw it.

I just don't want you getting super excited like I did when I heard they were making another game, and then finally saw it and got super bummed out.

Oh, I have zero intentions of even playing Dead Island. I was just listing off the big releases because I find it hard to believe that anyone could look at all the games coming out in the first 5 months of the year and not be excited by some of it, whether it's more Dead Island (in whatever form that is) or a new Sim City game.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Ghostiet

The Last of Us and GTA V is coming out. I am so pumped for that first title that I need to pop holes in my arteries to relieve blood pressure, so I don't give a shit if it's a shitty year or not. I don't need more.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Akeldama

AMNESIA: A MACHINE FOR PIGS! FUCK YALL!

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Aterons

Starcraft HOTS this march, later this summer Planetary anihilation and likely the witcher 3

It's gonna be a good year with just those 3 games, i agree about everything else that's announced is bs or average tho

Cashewual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Cashewual
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    That'll probably take up the larger chunk of the second half of 2013 for me.
  • Double Fine Adventure
  • GTA V
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
brojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By brojuice

Rome 2 Total War will satisfy me for months!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#66  Edited By Vinny_Says

Sounds like you just want it to suck OP (I'm pretty sure you're the guy who made the thread about 2012 being crappy no?). Also if none of those games interest you look elswhere than the big AAA games.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't DMC Devil May Cry already come out... isn't that supposed to be pretty great? How can anyone say it's going to be jank 16 days in?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By colourful_hippie

Can I have your crystal ball?

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hippie_genocide

@Branthog said:

People seem really excited about the fifth and tenth iteration of a franchise. For all of you saying "ermagherd, best year ever!" -- let's consider that it's very reasonable to feel a sense of franchise-exhaustion and most of the titles people are throwing up are pretty deep into the franchise, numerically. Personally, I feel an awfully lot like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, looking at these lists of "what's awesome that is coming out in 2013".

I can't really agree with this. You're talking about these games like they're the next installment of Madden or something. Tomb Raider (which frankly could have been a completely new IP if they wanted to go that route) doesn't bear any resemblance to the games that have come before it. Likewise with GTA V - do you really think its going to be more of the same? I don't. Franchise exhaustion, to use your term, is only looking at upcoming games from a peripheral perspective. In other words, just looking at the title doesn't tell the whole story.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Xbox hasn't had any variety in its exclusive AAA department since like Alan Wake and we're just complaining now?

I'm just saying as a PS3 owner 2013 is looking to be far more interesting then 2011/2012.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By dr_mantas

YOU'RE shaping up to suck!

I mean... people always say the year will be good/bad and it's always not what you expect.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By TheHBK

GTA 5

South Park Stick of Truth (jesus fucking christ, please!!!)

Last of Us

NEW FUCKING CONSOLES AND ALL THE MADNESS OF THE GIANT BOMB COVERAGE THAT COMES WITH IT!!!! FUCK the stuff coming of Giant Bomb is the most exciting thing.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By Flappy

As long as I have a Vita, a 3DS, and a 360, there won't be a shortage of awesome games for me. Ever.

+1 for the awesomeness of Anarchy Reigns.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By toowalrus

LUIGI'S MANSION

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By YOU_DIED

- GTA 5

- The Witcher 3 (maybe? getting announced in Feb)

- Hotline Miami sequel (maybe?)

- Dark Souls 2 (maybe?)

- Bioshock Infinite

Looks pretty solid, I can't remember what I was looking forward to buying last year at this time.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#76  Edited By FancySoapsMan

how can year with a new Fire Emblem game, a new GTA, and Ni No Kuni suck? AND THATS JUST IN THE FIRST HALF BROTHER

you need to be more positive ^____^

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dezztroy
@pyrodactyl said:

@Dezztroy said:

Eh, 2013 is looking great for the PC crowd.

I would say it's more of a PS3 year and I don't even own one. They get the last of us and GTA5 over the PC.

Besides, pretty sure there will be a bunch of 720 and PS4 exclusives not available for the PC at the end of the year.

The only thing the PC has going for it is the starcraft expension and a better experience with Bioshock infinite if they fuck up with the frame rate on consoles.

PC is getting the sequel to the highest rated RTS in history. So yeah.

Also, HL3 tbh.
Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Berserker976

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear there are tons of potentially amazing games coming this year.

I will say this though, I have a feeling this year's summer drought is going to be particularly horrible.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By toowalrus

There's always Peng.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By upwarDBound

There are at least a few games I'm excited about. I'm just really hoping that SimCity doesn't let me down.

Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

After a handful of years enduring the constant Steam sale I've come to the realization that I'm probably never going to be in need of something to play again. Sure, there'll always be something new on the horizon to look forward to, but there's so much out there that I have yet to play. I don't really feel much need to be playing everything day and date of release, and I even save a few bucks for not doing that. I just finished up ME3 this morning and as I type this my Darksiders install is finishing up.

There aren't many names on my list of anticipated titles yet this year, but that just means I get to be surprised, which is great.

TheNightWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheNightWatch

GTA V in the first half of this year and Total War: Rome II in the second half. It's going to be an awesome year.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#83  Edited By BeachThunder

If you are not interested in any of this year's games, what kinds of games would you be interested in seeing this year?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#84  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Fuckin' Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Come on.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By thatdutchguy

GTA V is all i need

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#86  Edited By MocBucket62
@brojuice said:

Rome 2 Total War will satisfy me for months!

Hear hear! For me, Rome 2 is the MAIN reason why I am excited for gaming in 2013!
Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Zekhariah

@Branthog said:

Oh - and are there any awesome MMOs coming out in 2013?

MMOs seem to not draw enthusiasm at this point. Currently Elderscrolls and Neverwinter are the major ones that come to mind. Maybe Age of Wushu as well. And whenever EQnext hits.

So eh, there are enough. Considering the slow grinding halt that most of them are coming through I would expect more to close than open going forward.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By Branthog

@thatdutchguy said:

GTA V is all i need

But what about the other 51 weeks? :)

@TheNightWatch said:

GTA V in the first half of this year and Total War: Rome II in the second half. It's going to be an awesome year.

Ooh. I didn't realize TW: Rome II was out, this year. At least there's one nice long game to last through a chunk of it (one problem I have with all the supposed "great games" coming out this year is that they're all one, two, or three sitting games).

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Branthog

@Zekhariah said:

@Branthog said:

Oh - and are there any awesome MMOs coming out in 2013?

MMOs seem to not draw enthusiasm at this point. Currently Elderscrolls and Neverwinter are the major ones that come to mind. Maybe Age of Wushu as well. And whenever EQnext hits.

So eh, there are enough. Considering the slow grinding halt that most of them are coming through I would expect more to close than open going forward.

I think everything having to be developed into a WoW MMO game is what is choking off interest in MMOs. I'm dying for a really fantastic MMO to get into that will hold my attention, but everything that comes out and isn't utter shit is just very WoW like and usually is licensed with some other franchise (LOTR, etc). I didn't know Elderscrolls and Neverwinter might be this year. Those would be great to look forward to. (To give you some perspective, my ideal MMO is EVE-Online and while they don't all have to be that, I'd rather they be closer to that end of the spectrum than WoW, at this point).

I don't mean the above to be a slight against WoW. It's just the thing the rest try to mimic and that just isn't the style of MMO I'm hungry for. :/

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By pepperzz
thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By thatdutchguy

@Branthog said:

@thatdutchguy said:

GTA V is all i need

But what about the other 51 weeks? :)

@TheNightWatch said:

Ooh. I didn't realize TW: Rome II was out, this year. At least there's one nice long game to last through a chunk of it (one problem I have with all the supposed "great games" coming out this year is that they're all one, two, or three sitting games).

I still play GTA IV online :P .... but yeah i'm gonna get Animal Crossing new leaf on the 3DS for sure and also The last of us.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#92  Edited By kraznor

If you're still exclusively looking to big-budget, major publisher games to satisfy all your gaming needs you're going to have a bad time.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By VoshiNova

Bioshock Infinite and GTA V alone make this year pretty awesome for me.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#94  Edited By subject2change

Really? It's not even Quarter 1 yet and this is a GREAT list of titles, yes they are mostly sequels/prequels (whatever Infinite is)

But seriously Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider and BioShock should all be good/great releases. Plus the others that don't interest me as much.

Last year around Q1/Q2 all we had was Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3 and Twisted Metal.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Dezztroy said:

Also, HL3 tbh.

AH. You're a funny man.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#96  Edited By BeachThunder
Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm perfectly happy with Gears Judgement, GTA V, Ni No Kuni, Pokemon X&Y, season 2 of TWD game, and maybe even Last of Us. And then the next gen systems and all that those come with.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#98  Edited By Siphillis

We say this every year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was only three games I really enjoyed last year and a couple good ones if GTA5 comes to PC this yearI'll be happy I'm sure it will.As for the other games coming out this year I think there is alot of great ones even though I only play PC I'm excited for the new consoles because now games will look and hopefully evolved into something bigger and then there the Oculus rift if that can truly give you the immersion that there saying it could change gaming for the better if your into VR which I totally am hopefully it comes out this year.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I reckon this year will be one of the greatest if anything else, can't wait to get my hands on GTA V and the first 2 quarters have strong content coming out. E3 this year especially should be the most watched of recent years for anything involving next gen hardware and games.