Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By jay_ray

@pyrodactyl said:

@Dezztroy said:

Also, HL3 tbh.

AH. You're a funny man.

I feel it would be very Valve like if they finish and release HL3 they won't announce anything, it will just show up on the front page of Steam.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's a fucking STARCRAFT game being released this year. STARCRAFT. What are you on?

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Fearbeard

Really?

The first half of the year looks absolutely insane with a new game i want to play practically every week. The second half of the year is a ghost town right now, but that's probably only because the game developers need to wait until the new consoles are announced before they can announce their games.

Here is a rundown on what I'm looking forward to each week.

January 22: Ni No Kuni

February 5: Dead Space 3, Fire Emblem: Awakenings, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

February 12: Aliens: Colonial Marines

February 19: Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance

February 26: Etrian Odyssey IV

March 5th: SimCity, Tomb Raider, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, South Park: The Stick of Truth

March 12th: God of War: Ascension

March 26: Bioshock Infinite

March 31: Fuse

April 1: Injustice: Gods Among Us

April 23: Dead Island Riptide

May 7: The Last of Us

May something: GTA V

Unknown release: Metro: Last Light, Company of Heroes 2, Beyond: Two Souls, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Splinter Cell: Blacklist

That's not even paying attention to smaller downloadable titles, and it's ignoring series that I'm tired of or never was a fan of like Gears of War, Crysis and Lost Planet.

ShatterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ShatterShock

Between Metal Gear Rising, Injustice, GTA V, South Park and Sim City the first half of 2013 is looking great to me.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Scrawnto

@Branthog said:

But . . . does anyone have a list of amazing RPGs coming out? Especially western style RPGs? Anything where you control a party of characters and maybe do so from a top-down or isometric view? How about sim games that aren't racing games or Sim City? How about big online shooters that aren't BF4? (I'm not being rhetorical, I'm sincerely looking for titles, here, because I can't htink of any at the moment).

Wasteland 2 is supposed to come out this year. That's a western style, party-based RPG with an isometric view. With any luck, it'll be a good one, too.

In other genres, I'm pretty psyched for Company of Heroes 2. Here's hoping THQ's slow-motion immolation doesn't hurt that game.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Ben_H

I can get my RTS on (or continue to have it on since I am a daily Starcraft player) with the new SC2 expansion (which I am already in the beta for) and the new CoH game, which I am actually way more pumped for. 

Also, GTAV should be amazing.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#107  Edited By beard_of_zeus

I dunno, I would disagree. Polygon has a good roundup of just the games that are coming out in January-March that I read today, and there's gotta be something you like.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/1/15/3857340/games-of-winter-2013

I'm super duper excited for Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Sly Cooper, and Bioshock Infinite. Cautiously optimistic about the Tomb Raider reboot as well.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By WasabiCurry

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yep, every year sucks.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By DoctorWelch

I hope nothing comes out this year. More time for Sim-MUTHER-FUCKING-CITY and Starcraft.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By skooks

Honestly, I'm hoping this year is slow for gaming. It will give me a chance to catch up on the ridiculous amount of games I still need to play.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Mighty

Bioshock is an instant win.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Lord_Xp

Just another person saying shit waaaaaay before the year has barely started. Wait till E3 and Gamescom. There's always a shit load of surprises from consoles to games. I'm pumped. I want to go to E3 so bad. I've been wanting to go for the past few years. Feel free to send me money since I got to fly all the way across the U.S.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Seesic

I hope you are wrong but for me the year is looking great at least in portables, Pokemon X and Y, Etrian Odyssey IV, Monster Hunter for the 3DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It will be excellent

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114  Edited By CJduke

I am excited for Dead Space 3 despite what they have shown of it

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By Nilazz

2013 looks amazing!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By DeF

@GenghisJohn: are you serious?

this exact thread gets made every year. and every year it's ridiculously dumb because there are tons of fantastic games coming out. I specifically remember seeing a thread like this last year and looking back it's nothing but ridiculous.

this year already has a fantastic line-up. and most of it is only for the first half even.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#117  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I doubt that. There are game each year I am not looking forward to that surprise me and indie game I don't even know exist that surprise me. No of game even came out yet, who knows what their quality will be. Far too early to make a statement like that.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By uhtaree

It's gonna be the year of the backlog for me until I wait for next gen launch games I think. This next couple months full of delayed games doesn't have a ton for me, and then after that it feels like waiting for the new consoles to launch. I think don't think the OP is entirely off-base unless he plans on playing all those games, which seems like a full plate to me. Of course the surprise "downloadable" titles haven't sprung into the public's imagination yet so there could be some stuff there.

All I can think of that I want to play are Crysis 3, Revengeance, Maybe GTA V (probably GTA V since I won't want to play it after it becomes last gen).

Avatar image for deactivated-59ec818a3faf4
deactivated-59ec818a3faf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the big titles are just looking like more of the same but not quite as good sequels. Still I'm sure I'll find games to play and my back catalogue is big enough as it is. Plus the games I liked most last year I didn't even hear about until they were out

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By RVonE

I'm really looking forward to Sim City, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, and BioShock Infinite. Between those games and everything else coming out this year, I'm not worried at all.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By KittyVonDoom

The Rockstar kool-aid really is a potent potion. What about the new GTA says it's going to be anything more than GTA IV with some San Andreas fan service thrown in? Because Rockstar are the "AAAAAAAAA+++++ developers"? Jeez. Rockstar are still living in the early 00's when it comes their copy & paste open world formula that only they seem to be copying whole-sale these days.

Games like Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row The Third, while not wholly original, actually feel like a fresh take on the open world sandbox game, whether it be due to a focus on gameplay mechanics, or unconventional thinking. These are things that Rockstar will never do, because they're kinda hacks. I mean, it only took them one shot to mess up Remedy's Max Payne.

Back on-topic, there isn't much at all that I'm looking forward to in 2013, at least anything's that's been officially announced. I guess I'm I may pick up Gears of War: Spin-off, but I keep forgetting that's even a thing.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122  Edited By Ramone

I hope Aliens: Colonial Marines is great, that game has so much potential for a Left 4 Dead-esque experience in the co-op.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60061752a57
deactivated-5e60061752a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DP:DC:GOTY2013

Swery going to bring the heat.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Ravelle

2013's first two months are already great and will continue being awesome.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#125  Edited By FreakAche

Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, SimCity, The Witness. But seriously, just wait until e3.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#126  Edited By probablytuna

Less new releases is a good thing for me, as I have a mountain of games that still need to be played.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By PhilipDuck

Yeah i think there is a slight shortage in content that is known coming out, but we're probably going to have release titles with these consoles we haven't seen yet.. so no way to tell till the end. Still some awesome games coming out though!

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By RedCricketChase

I'm hoping that 3DS Fire Emblem game will rock my socks like the GBA editions did. <3

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By medacris

Whenever there's a lull in new games I wanna play, I just hunt down an older game I haven't played yet, or replay a game I haven't gotten 100% in yet (or just feel like playing again). New games are great, but I can get just as much enjoyment out of any gaming experience that is new to me.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#130  Edited By ESREVER

Noway, I'm getting like a plethora of character action games (my favorite genre) and this year started out with Anarchy Reigns (a game which I just Platinumed) and FUCKING DmC! And Metal Gear Rising is just around the corner. If anything, this year is opening up with STYLE. You got a pretty dull list of games there... you should broaden your tastes a bit.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By nintendork666

It's only January and I already can't wait to play the following...

South Park: Stick of Truth (PS3)

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS)

Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

Pokemon X/Y (3DS)

LEGO Marvel Superheroes (PS3 or 3DS)

Deadpool (PS3)

It's gonna be a great year for me. Chock full of PS3/3DS goodness.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ShaggE

@KittyVonDoom said:

The Rockstar kool-aid really is a potent potion. What about the new GTA says it's going to be anything more than GTA IV with some San Andreas fan service thrown in? Because Rockstar are the "AAAAAAAAA+++++ developers"? Jeez. Rockstar are still living in the early 00's when it comes their copy & paste open world formula that only they seem to be copying whole-sale these days.

I wouldn't call it "the Rockstar Kool-Aid" so much as "enjoying the franchise and looking forward to the next installment". GTAIV with San Andreas isn't a bad thing to everybody.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By HeyImPhoenix

I think it's going to be a great year! Simcity, Dynasty warriors 7 empires, Metal gear rising, Metal gear solid ground zeroes, Alien colonial marines, Harvest moon, Animal crossing, Luigi's mansion, Omertà city of gangsters, The last of us, Gta 5, Monster hunter 3ds, Scribblenauts unlimited 3DS. Going to be a good year for me!

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By stryker1121

Says you, sir. There's quite a bit of good stuff coming out plus the usual lot of surprises people haven't acknowledged yet. I want to see what's done with the PC horror genre with Routine, new Amnesia and Asylum all coming out, as well as spiffed up versions of Day Z and (I think) Slender. Not to mention all the games I missed from '12, Spec Ops, Binary Domain, Sleeping Dogs, etc. I'm not going to be bored, is what I mean to say.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By nintendork666

Just pre-ordered Pandora's Tower (Wii) at GameStop.

2013 is gonna be off the hook. OP's list was pretty long for only January, not sure what he's complaining about.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#136  Edited By Miketakon

If I only had a 360 I'd feel that way too. This year is stacked jack!

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By GreggD

@ShaggE said:

@KittyVonDoom said:

I wouldn't call it "the Rockstar Kool-Aid" so much as "enjoying the franchise and looking forward to the next installment". GTAIV with San Andreas isn't a bad thing to everybody.

Yeah, that sounds nice, honestly. Also, three protagonists and the ability to switch between them on-the-fly. Also, Max Payne 3 was amazing, with the most satisfying ending I've seen in years.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#138  Edited By pr1mus

Going through the wikipedia page for scheduled (and not so scheduled yet) releases for 2013, i'd say the year is shaping up to own.

I just compiled a list of games i'm interested in and even though i'm not gonna get most of them the list is already stacked.

• Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Anarchy Reigns
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Dead Space 3
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • God of War: Ascension
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • The Last of Us
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • The Phantom Pain
  • SimCity
  • StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
  • Tomb Raider
  • Trials Evolution: Gold Edition
  • Watch Dogs

And most are sequels and as usual there's some room for new and unexpected stuff. In any case if just a quarter of those end up being great then 2013 will be a fantastic year.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By mordukai

@GenghisJohn: Don't mind me asking, but do you only play games on your 360?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#140  Edited By DocHaus

Every year is guaranteed to suck until it actually happens.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#141  Edited By Hailinel

So far, the first half of the year is shaping up rather well for me:

• Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Etrian Odyssey IV
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Pandora's Tower

To which I say, fuck yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Metro Last Light?

GTAV?

Hotline Miami 2?

Those are the only things that matter to me next year.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By TheManiacsGnome

ArmA 3, if it comes out this year.

spykereightsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By spykereightsix

Uh... Dead Space 3 is coming out in less than a month. I'm calling it. GOTY 2013! hA!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#145  Edited By Giantstalker
Ersanven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Ersanven

I'm hyped as fuck for the year. Ni no Kuni next week, Metal Gear Rising, Fire Emblem Awakening, Bioshock Infinite, western release of Soul Hackers, Killer is Dead, The Last of Us. This year couldn't get any better. Unless XSeed decides to announce a date for Trails in The Sky Second Chapter.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By coaxmetal

the best games aren't going to be AAA games. There have already been some great ones. Miasmata just came out on steam (via greenlight). Not sure if it was available another way before but its rad. It is what other island survival games pretend they were. I think the majority of good games now are smaller titles, so if all the announced AAA ones are garbage sequels I don't care.

Camoufrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Camoufrage

Realize that the best games of 2012 were games that almost no one expected to be as good at they were. Journey, The Walking Dead... you don't know what to expect, really. The downloadable game scene keeps things interesting for sure.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers