28 Carrots Later : Eye Candy (Sort of)

Warrozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Warrozo
Full article listed at IndieDB -  http://www.indiedb.com/games/28-carrots-later 

"Currently we are creating a game called 28 Carrots Later (28CL), at the moment we are all students without professional experience in the area of Game Development, however we have a strong passion to learn and will, with the help of this project gain a better understanding of how things within the game industry work.
We've chosen to create a parody of one of our favourite games (Left4Dead) with our own little take on things. We are releasing this as a free game without any profit for ourselves as we feel involving money on our first project will lead to unnecessary pressure to deliver a Grade A game. 

Anyway down to 28CL, we've made quite a lot of progress within the game and our team is now full of eagerness to get cracking at making it. Jo Fripp has been hard at work creating objects like buildings and windows for the first map we have designed and on-top of that she's also been coordinating our concept artists with work to complete for the game, whereas I (Dan) have been working on underlying AI for the game in an attempt to get the creatures following the player in some sort of sensible way without running into walls, to this extent I've got it mostly working with the exception of crowds running into each other." 

The full article has a lot more information along with screenshot's and plans for the future :) 

Thanks if you read it! 
dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dystonym

I've been tracking this game on moddb for a while. Keep up the good work. 

Edit: Oh, it seems that I wasn't tracking it. I've been following it anyway. d: Now I'm officially tracking it.

Warrozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Warrozo
@Murdouken: Thank you :)
mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By mubblegum

Looks great. Read the article and loving the artwork so far. Would be great to follow this through to the end.
Have you thought about setting up a facebook group and publicizing it?

Warrozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Warrozo
@mubblegum: Already have it :) 28 Carrots later is on facebook. Plus we've got a few news articles about us on various sites.
mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By mubblegum
@Warrozo:  Oh! Awesome. I'll go find it now =)
Warrozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Warrozo
@mubblegum: Great :)
FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By FireSketch

This is great! Good to see you're not making a straight up L4D port and have your own original ideas.
I'm looking forward to your first release! :)

Warrozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Warrozo
@FireSketch: Thank you :)