3 Weeks, 3 Shooters

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I really liked Bulletstorm but I'm too tired right now to explain more so I'll just leave it at that.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@finaldasa: You should´ve gotten Bad Company 1 ... a far superior game without the checklist you mention and a Kelly´s Heroes inspired story it has been one of the best and sadly not copied FPS I´ve played in years. And more satyrical and fun than Bad Company 2 , whcih became too serious.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I unabashedly love both Bad Company games. I played them in reverse order and I don't regret it so I would definitely encourage you to get at the first one as well. They're criminally underappreciated as legitimately nailing the modern military setting with a silly tone. In fact I would argue they're the most interesting modern military anything that I've played.

You're pretty spot on with Space Marine. I am a nut for a great Warhammer 40K game and I think it's a game that was a tad more bleh than I think I wanted it to be in the end. It's one of those games that did kinda sag more as I played it. Great combat though and the punch to the action is the thing that keeps it going at least a good ways.

Also yeah, Bulletstorm is fucking rad. It is kinda cringeworthy in spots but I managed to ignore that and focus on the awesome mechanics. Admittedly I actually like the characters by the end even if there was the occasional dip into unfortunate writing.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I really enjoyed all three of these games. I found the first Bad Company better from a setting and dialogue standpoint, but Bad Company 2 was mechanically better.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Space Marine is one of those few games I have never bought for some reason but I always think about it from time to time wishing I could play it.

Bulletstorm was a game I thoroughly enjoyed; I just wish some things were changed a bit (like the ability to turn off text on screen - yes I know the entire point of the game is to get points from kills) and there was new content. People Can Fly/Epic Poland makes colorful games using unreal engine and some cool gameplay mechanics; I preferred Gears Judgment over 2 and 3.

I think Battlefield 4 ruined any Battlefield game for me moving forward. I'll have fond memories of 1942, but I don't think I'll ever pick one up again.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bulletstorm was fantastic. Just a really tight, fun experience with some crazy mission design.

Bad Company 2 had incredible multiplater, but I never ended up finishing the campaign. Which is a shame, because it was the last Battlefield where tactical destruction made firefights seem unpredictable and gave you a bunch of tactical options.

And Space Marine? That's been on my PS3 since they put it up on PS+ years ago. I'll play it one day, I swear to god.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mbradley1992

Bulletstorm was a fun ride. It's a great weekend romp that really leaves combat wide open.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I was crazy about Bulletstorm. I mean it, I loved that game. Dug the combat, dug the goodiness, dug the vibrant world... man, that game clicked with me. I enjoyed Bad Company 2, and thoroughly wish we saw a sequel or a spiritual successor.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9 FinalDasa  Moderator

@aetheldod: You're not the first person to suggest I do just that! I guess I'll have to go find a copy.

@bacongames: I hate to say it, but Warhammer was the least impressive. After playing for so long I think I'd much rather have a strategy game within that universe. Or something like what Magic The Gathering does, a learn-able digital version of the tabletop game.

Also if anyone wants to get together and play any of these games online I'd be down. I didn't touch any of their multiplayers but they all look like fun!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Also if anyone wants to get together and play any of these games online I'd be down. I didn't touch any of their multiplayers but they all look like fun!

If you are playing on PC I don't think Bulletstorm's works anymore. GFWL and all that.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Milkman

Bulletstorm gets a bad rap for all its "dicktits" nonsense but damn if that game isn't fun as shit. The scoring system made it super satisfying to experiment and try out all sorts of crazy stuff. And the game gave you the tools pull off all this great assortment of silliness. Shame we'll never see a sequel.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12 FinalDasa  Moderator

@corruptedevil: All 3 on 360. Though their used, so I'd have to buy the online pass for Bulletstorm...which I probably won't do.