360 is dead....*cries*

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Yep my 360 elite is dead *thank god the pro is still running ill have to move it from my nephews room* but yeah my elite is dead after 2 years or so of play time my 360 has died at 9 or so pm it received One red light and the e74 error.

After research and checking at xbox.com i would be forced to pay 94 dollars to pay microsoft for bad manufacturing process.
So i called up 1-800-4MY-XBOX and talked to a INDIAN tech support guy named Von *thanks god he didn't try to fake he was american and call him self mike or john or some shit* and after explaining shit and him asking me to spell my First and Last name and ASKING me if he could call me by my first name and him trying to give me the speel of trouble shooting which i assurd him i had all ready done and him explaining my warrenty was out which i all ready knew and how it was gonna cost me 95-105 dollars to get it repaired and me stating that its shitty that i have to pay for something that wasn't my fault and him trying to convince me it was a good deal since i get another year warrenty and a free month of live *laughs hard* a free month? wow! a whole free month i can add onto my account thats now paid up till 9/11/2011 lol but yeah wanting to complain to a supervisor weither it would get them to drop the charge or give me a discount regardless i wanted to complain i waited on the phone for 20 minutes and eventually told him id try again later.

So i'll order my coffin tomorow or so after i complain to a supervisor.

It died so young
It died so young

Embalming process
Embalming process

Preparing for burial
Preparing for burial

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Yep my 360 elite is dead *thank god the pro is still running ill have to move it from my nephews room* but yeah my elite is dead after 2 years or so of play time my 360 has died at 9 or so pm it received One red light and the e74 error.

After research and checking at xbox.com i would be forced to pay 94 dollars to pay microsoft for bad manufacturing process.
So i called up 1-800-4MY-XBOX and talked to a INDIAN tech support guy named Von *thanks god he didn't try to fake he was american and call him self mike or john or some shit* and after explaining shit and him asking me to spell my First and Last name and ASKING me if he could call me by my first name and him trying to give me the speel of trouble shooting which i assurd him i had all ready done and him explaining my warrenty was out which i all ready knew and how it was gonna cost me 95-105 dollars to get it repaired and me stating that its shitty that i have to pay for something that wasn't my fault and him trying to convince me it was a good deal since i get another year warrenty and a free month of live *laughs hard* a free month? wow! a whole free month i can add onto my account thats now paid up till 9/11/2011 lol but yeah wanting to complain to a supervisor weither it would get them to drop the charge or give me a discount regardless i wanted to complain i waited on the phone for 20 minutes and eventually told him id try again later.

So i'll order my coffin tomorow or so after i complain to a supervisor.

It died so young
It died so young

Embalming process
Embalming process

Preparing for burial
Preparing for burial

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Steven

Woah, that sucks.  But hasn't the elite only been out for like a year and a half?  And I thought the warranty lasted for three years?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Systech

Just get really mad at them. I mean like really mad.

Actually, dont.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Optiow

That is nasty, I hate it when your colsole dies on you.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rexualhealing

<troll> Once upon a time my Dreamcast died one me and... oh wait! That never happened! Sega 4ever! :p </troll>

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Steven said:
"Woah, that sucks.  But hasn't the elite only been out for like a year and a half?  And I thought the warranty lasted for three years?"
The elite was released in the US april 29th 2007 and the 3 year warrenty is only in the cases of 3 red light RROD 360s not 1 red light 2 red light...ect systems they will only gurantee the warrenty on RROD 3 red light systems not any other error or fault those are only covered under the original 1 year warrenty which ran out on mine.

SmugDarkLoser said:
"

What are you talking about? You don't have E74, you have 3 RROD!

Same thing happened to me...
(
get it, just mail it in and say you have RROD, what i did, it works)

"

It doesn't work that way let alone that when it got to the repair center they would know it was 1 red light i dont like lieing, and i all ready called and reported the 1 red light so i cant just lie to them.
DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DXSSI

Some people do crappy things to their Xbox to force it into a 3-RROD (don't know how, exactly) though I have no idea how successful this is at fooling Microsoft to stand by their cruddy hardware.  I know you already told them it's one red light, but if you did this, you could call them back and ask what it means when part of the light is off, play along with their dopey questions, and then say that one quarter of the light isn't lit.  Basically pretend you are an idiot and don't know that each quadrant is considered a separate light.  Don't know if it would work but it might be a worth a shot—if it didn't I don't think they'd charge you any more than the $94.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
DXSSI said:
"Some people do crappy things to their Xbox to force it into a 3-RROD (don't know how, exactly) though I have no idea how successful this is at fooling Microsoft to stand by their cruddy hardware.  I know you already told them it's one red light, but if you did this, you could call them back and ask what it means when part of the light is off, play along with their dopey questions, and then say that one quarter of the light isn't lit.  Basically pretend you are an idiot and don't know that each quadrant is considered a separate light.  Don't know if it would work but it might be a worth a shot—if it didn't I don't think they'd charge you any more than the $94.
"
We'll microsoft knows me from my history i've called them and worked things out many times with the original xbox, xbox live problems a myrid of things and they have a history they can call up and i doubt it will say im an idiot. but i dont like lieing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks dude, more heads at Microsoft should've rolled for how shoddy the 360 is when it comes to shit like this.
I had a E71 scare the other day. Thankfully I unplugged it and took out the harddrive for five minutes and bang, it was right back to tip top shape.
For a second there I thought I would have to buy some PS3 or Wii games :P

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Why can't Microsoft make a gaming system that works. In fact, why can't Microsoft make anything that works. This is why I own a PS3, because it's there for me when I want to play it. I would own a 360 if it didn't have bullshit for hardware. If you as much as breath on the thing it fucking explodes. That's a bummer what happened though. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this problem? What other gaming system in history has had a failure rate even close to the 360? My fucking Atari 2600 still works, why won't the 360 last that long. Mine only lasted about one year. Pathetic. 

PremierOctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PremierOctopus

What burns half as long shines twice as bright. Rest in peace.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By oldschool
PremierOctopus said:
"What burns half as long shines twice as bright. Rest in peace."
Xbox 360 the Heath Ledger of gaming - brilliant, but inclined to die young.
I think I will invest more in a Robert De Niro type - brilliant most of the time and keeps going for a very long time.

Peace.
Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dauragon

It's okay man.

Now begins the healing.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By randiolo
Optiow said:
"That is nasty, I hate it when your colsole dies on you."
so do i... no wait.. i have a PS3
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndrewGaspar

If the service guy asks to call you by your first name, just hang up. YOU'RE the customer.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karmum

You should record the conversation, and at the end, make some crude remark like "Fuck this, I'm buying a Playstation 3!"

I sort of did that when my I had my RROD and spoke to this Indian-accented woman, right before she hung up (after our little "talk") I was all like, "Your hardware sucks!"

*hung up.*

Probably didn't hear me, but then again, I got my 360 back like 15-16 days later.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By get2sammyb

I don't get it - what's wrong with them asking if they can call you by your first name?

Da_Muffin_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Da_Muffin_Man

Please check your sentences and don't forget that punctuation is your friend.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Tell them you've got RROD. They should repair it without even questioning it, and if not, all they'll do it send it back to you unrepaired.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By daniel_beck_90

My condolences

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JoelTGM

Mine died some days ago too.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23  Edited By RHCPfan24

It's okay. You don't need to lie. That sucks, and I hope your Xbox a speedy recovery, or replacement. I am just hoping mine doesn't die anytime soon. It did two times already :(

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
SathingtonWaltz said:
"Why can't Microsoft make a gaming system that works. In fact, why can't Microsoft make anything that works. This is why I own a PS3, because it's there for me when I want to play it. I would own a 360 if it didn't have bullshit for hardware. If you as much as breath on the thing it fucking explodes. That's a bummer what happened though. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this problem? What other gaming system in history has had a failure rate even close to the 360? My fucking Atari 2600 still works, why won't the 360 last that long. Mine only lasted about one year. Pathetic. "
well this lasted 2 years so thats a good span as for that you cannot count out microsoft hardware based upon one thing their keyboards and mice are choice infact i will only use microsoft keyboard and mice cause they are the only ones that offer truely ergnomic stuff. the zune is a good system in own one and its not failed. the 360 is the only really truely massively defective system out of microsoft.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

update: Called today to talk to a supervisor i was not able to talk to last night, Gave my reference number *thank god i talked to an english speaking tech* gave confirmation information and was connected to tony in 5 minutes of call time, tony confirmed and gave me a discount of 50% right on the spot without having to complain one bit so 49 dollars to fix the 360 though i am still not happy that i have to pay out but happier then i was.

I didn't actually expect any thing i just wanted to file a complaint that its shitty that the system broke on it own i shouldn't have to pay it regardless of its warrenty status.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
WilliamRLBaker said:
"SathingtonWaltz said:
"Why can't Microsoft make a gaming system that works. In fact, why can't Microsoft make anything that works. This is why I own a PS3, because it's there for me when I want to play it. I would own a 360 if it didn't have bullshit for hardware. If you as much as breath on the thing it fucking explodes. That's a bummer what happened though. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this problem? What other gaming system in history has had a failure rate even close to the 360? My fucking Atari 2600 still works, why won't the 360 last that long. Mine only lasted about one year. Pathetic. "
well this lasted 2 years so thats a good span as for that you cannot count out microsoft hardware based upon one thing their keyboards and mice are choice infact i will only use microsoft keyboard and mice cause they are the only ones that offer truely ergnomic stuff. the zune is a good system in own one and its not failed. the 360 is the only really truely massively defective system out of microsoft."
Yeah, my brother has a zune and it's a pretty good alternative to the ipod and other mp3 players. I did exaggerate about "microsoft can't make anything that works" but it just makes me angry this whole RROD bull. Hopefully in microsofts next console, they will have learned not to put good technology into dogshit. 
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
SathingtonWaltz said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"SathingtonWaltz said:
well this lasted 2 years so thats a good span as for that you cannot count out microsoft hardware based upon one thing their keyboards and mice are choice infact i will only use microsoft keyboard and mice cause they are the only ones that offer truely ergnomic stuff. the zune is a good system in own one and its not failed. the 360 is the only really truely massively defective system out of microsoft."
Yeah, my brother has a zune and it's a pretty good alternative to the ipod and other mp3 players. I did exaggerate about "microsoft can't make anything that works" but it just makes me angry this whole RROD bull. Hopefully in microsofts next console, they will have learned not to put good technology into dogshit. "
Their mistake was going with a 3rd party fabricator see the guts of the 360 were made by microsoft ibm, ati and a few other companies but they charged a 3rd party fabricator and factories to make the system which was the problem They can sit and say its a design problem but one of the main problems with the 360 is the use of low quality sodder that cannot stand up to the heat thats created in the system if they had used a high quality sodder then we'd not see the problems we see now there would be problems with stuff going whack but one of the main problems with the system is the rrod which is directly caused by components seperating from the main board which happens because the sodder breaks.