#1 Edited by Riddler (1528 posts) -
".........a confirmation of the earlier Ars Technica article from an informant stating that the Xbox 360 would drop it's price in September to $199.99 for the Core, $299.99 for the 60GB model, and $399.99 for the 120GB Elite model. This picture shows nearly irrefutable proof that those rumors are substantiated, and are set to happen in just over a month.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1618

a 199$ price tag is the magic number MS was looking for, with a cheap price tag/ Gears2 MS is pulling a powerplay this holiday....sony, its your move now.

Sony am CRY :'''(
#2 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Riddler said:
"".........a confirmation of the earlier Ars Technica article from an informant stating that the Xbox 360 would drop it's price in September to $199.99 for the Core, $299.99 for the 60GB model, and $399.99 for the 120GB Elite model. This picture shows nearly irrefutable proof that those rumors are substantiated, and are set to happen in just over a month.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1618

a 199$ price tag is the magic number MS was looking for, with a cheap price tag/ Gears2 MS is pulling a powerplay this holiday....sony, its your move now.

Sony am CRY :'''(
"

BAHAHAHA!!!! @ image. LMFAO.

By the way, this has been posted many hours ago, like 3 times. LOOK before posting something, not that hard.

Oh, and PS3 is only 100 bucks more expensive. ^_~
#3 Edited by Dissolve (375 posts) -

FOR METAL GEAR SOLID 4

THAT'S WHY

Oh and Blu-ray, built in wifi, standard HDMI, standard hard drive, free online play, PSP remote play and an overall quieter system.
#4 Posted by TheHBK (5466 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4 is great and all but no way is it worth it to buy a PS3.  I think hardly any game is with the cost of the hardware.  You have to have more than one game and the 360 has more must have exclusives than the PS3 in my opinion.  I was thinking about getting the PS3 for MGS4 but I played the whole thing on my brother's PS3 and am glad I didn't.  I loved the game but right now my PS3 would just be playing blu ray movies instead of games.  Maybe if they do lower the price.  They are gonna have to because a lot of people still consider the PS3 for playing games first and foremost so I am thinking they will have to rethink their 80 gb at 399 strategy.  Maybe they will have to go to 299.

#5 Posted by Reynolds (78 posts) -

At this point I don't even remember how much I paid for my 360.

#6 Edited by Dissolve (375 posts) -

Okay, okay, I got a reason:

LittleFreakinBigPlanet

Also, to stay more on topic, I used to own a Premium 20GB 360, sold it but kept my HD DVD drive (which I hook up to my laptop then to my 720p projector). While it's nice to be able to play my HD DVDs that way, it's a bit cumbersome. So I'm kinda wanting a $199 core system for HD DVD playback and like Mass Effect and all the exclusives I've missed since selling the 360.
#7 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
TheHBK said:
"Metal Gear Solid 4 is great and all but no way is it worth it to buy a PS3.  I think hardly any game is with the cost of the hardware.  You have to have more than one game and the 360 has more must have exclusives than the PS3 in my opinion.  I was thinking about getting the PS3 for MGS4 but I played the whole thing on my brother's PS3 and am glad I didn't.  I loved the game but right now my PS3 would just be playing blu ray movies instead of games.  Maybe if they do lower the price.  They are gonna have to because a lot of people still consider the PS3 for playing games first and foremost so I am thinking they will have to rethink their 80 gb at 399 strategy.  Maybe they will have to go to 299.
"
MGS4, LBP, KZ2, R2, and others are totally worth it to buy a PS3, not JUST MGS4. And 400 bucks isn't much for what you are getting, you can upgrade the HDD for really cheap, it has bluetooth, it has wifi, it has BD, etc.

Worth it for the games IMO.
#8 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

Generic future post-apocalyptic exclusive shooters on 360 and PS3 cancel each other out IMO.

(MGS4 and Bioshock don't fall into that category, just to clarify).

#9 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Hurray! Price drops for the win!

#10 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

cool.

#11 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
HitNRun said:
"Generic future post-apocalyptic exclusive shooters on 360 and PS3 cancel each other out IMO.

(MGS4 and Bioshock don't fall into that category, just to clarify).
"

Which games are post apocalyptic again? Resistance? That came out in 2006, doubt it's really copying any other next gen game like that. Killzone 2? That came out in what, 2004? So yeah, not really generic, just going on what the first one did.