mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Edited By mracoon

365 Games To Play Before You Die

Well I was quite busy yesterday so I didn't post any blog so today you guys get a double dose of pre-death gaming.

Previous 5 Games

No Caption Provided

#9: Peggle

Platform(s): PC, XBLA, iPhone and several others
Release: 2007
Developer(s): PopCap Games
Best Quote: 'EXTREME FEVER'
GB Wiki Page

Peggle is one of those games that you plan to play for five or ten minutes but after your done you realise the whole day has gone by. The concept is so simple yet it's so addictive. It's a game which brings out the obsessive and the completionist in people as you're always trying to get the highest score in the least amount of shots.

This is one game which doesn't need a story at all yet the characters and their goals are so charming that you can't help but come engrossed in what little plot there is. It's also just fun to have lots of different abilities, whether it be Bjorn's Superguide or Kat Tut's Pyramid power.

No Caption Provided

#10: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Platform(s): PC, Xbox, PS2, GC and GBA
Release: 2003
Developer(s): Ubisoft Montreal
Best Quote: 'Oh, that's not how the story supposed to go' (I can't remember the exact quote but it's what the Prince says whenever you die)
GB Wiki Page

The original Prince of Persia and Sands of Time are tied as my favourite games in the series. Sands of Time does everything you want in a PoP game: it's got great acrobatic movement, precise platforming, flowing combat and an immersive Persian environment, but it also adds the ability to control time.This mechanic is vital throughout the game and isn't just there so the publishers can put on the back of the box. Every time you make a mistake you can just rewind time and get back straight into the action and you don't have to go to an unnecessary loading screen.

Platforming is also at its purest in SoT. Every jump, leap and wall run chains together so smoothly and if I made a mistake I always thought it was something that I did wrong instead of something that was wrong with the game. The combat also fits in with the fast pace of the game as fights don't take too long and they always involve some sort of acrobatic manoeuvre to take down an enemy.

The story is also pretty good and you ending getting attached to The Prince and Farah and their quest to take down the Visor. I still don't understand why they had to create some sort of emo/goth Prince for the later games in the series and the dark tone of those game just wasn't a good fit in my opinion.

10 down 355 to go.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By mracoon

365 Games To Play Before You Die

Well I was quite busy yesterday so I didn't post any blog so today you guys get a double dose of pre-death gaming.

Previous 5 Games

No Caption Provided

#9: Peggle

Platform(s): PC, XBLA, iPhone and several others
Release: 2007
Developer(s): PopCap Games
Best Quote: 'EXTREME FEVER'
GB Wiki Page

Peggle is one of those games that you plan to play for five or ten minutes but after your done you realise the whole day has gone by. The concept is so simple yet it's so addictive. It's a game which brings out the obsessive and the completionist in people as you're always trying to get the highest score in the least amount of shots.

This is one game which doesn't need a story at all yet the characters and their goals are so charming that you can't help but come engrossed in what little plot there is. It's also just fun to have lots of different abilities, whether it be Bjorn's Superguide or Kat Tut's Pyramid power.

No Caption Provided

#10: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Platform(s): PC, Xbox, PS2, GC and GBA
Release: 2003
Developer(s): Ubisoft Montreal
Best Quote: 'Oh, that's not how the story supposed to go' (I can't remember the exact quote but it's what the Prince says whenever you die)
GB Wiki Page

The original Prince of Persia and Sands of Time are tied as my favourite games in the series. Sands of Time does everything you want in a PoP game: it's got great acrobatic movement, precise platforming, flowing combat and an immersive Persian environment, but it also adds the ability to control time.This mechanic is vital throughout the game and isn't just there so the publishers can put on the back of the box. Every time you make a mistake you can just rewind time and get back straight into the action and you don't have to go to an unnecessary loading screen.

Platforming is also at its purest in SoT. Every jump, leap and wall run chains together so smoothly and if I made a mistake I always thought it was something that I did wrong instead of something that was wrong with the game. The combat also fits in with the fast pace of the game as fights don't take too long and they always involve some sort of acrobatic manoeuvre to take down an enemy.

The story is also pretty good and you ending getting attached to The Prince and Farah and their quest to take down the Visor. I still don't understand why they had to create some sort of emo/goth Prince for the later games in the series and the dark tone of those game just wasn't a good fit in my opinion.

10 down 355 to go.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing my favorites make your list.