• 178 results
#1 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I'm interested now in getting a new handheld, but which first? 3DS has shit games but should eventually get good games. Vita looks like a solid fucking deal but there's a chance that it may start out with a bang but then fizzle out like the PSP. I learned my lesson with owning a PSP. I'm so fucking torn. For those who are planning on getting a handheld, which are you more interested in getting?

EDIT: Fuck! I think I'm back to leaning towards 3DS. Some of the games they showed at the conference looked pretty cool. I gotta play Luigi's Mansion, god damn it!

EDIT 2: Problem solved. I'm getting both.

#2 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I'm getting a Vita. Fuck the 3DS.

#3 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

3DS will have Nintendo games. Only reason I need.

#4 Posted by bassman2112 (816 posts) -

Easily the Vita... That pricepoint is way lower than I expected

#5 Posted by Crono11 (1634 posts) -

I'm in wait and see mode. 

#6 Posted by Mexican_Brownie (201 posts) -

The Vita looks great but it doesn't have any of the games I want, so I'll stick with mah 3DS.

#7 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i have a 3DS and will probably get a vita. both look to have solid games coming.i would say vita if you have a ps3 for all of he functionality. i enjoyed my psp and never regreted buying it.

#8 Posted by HS21 (2678 posts) -

Cool poll, bro.

#9 Posted by SMTDante89 (2540 posts) -

3DS

#10 Posted by LollerskateDJ (26 posts) -

There are no games for the Vita that I like yet. I have a 3DS and sure I haven't really played with it but there will be games...eventually.

#11 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Excellent poll.

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

#13 Posted by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

I won't be able to afford any for a long time.. but I'd go with Vita, even though I desperately want the 3DS for the two Resident Evil games.

#14 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

well considering the 3DS seems to be slow in updating (GODDAMMIT!!!!) maybe i'll trade it in for the vita 

#15 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Vita. Definitely the Vita. Now, that's if I have $250 to blow. 

Or maybe I should just wait and see on the price of the games for the Vita. 

Damn, I like that name. Vita Vita Vita Vita Vita Vita Vita.... sounds smooth.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

I need to see some games I'm interested in first. Then I can decide.

#17 Posted by WillyLo (302 posts) -

I think I'm gonna go with the vita first, and a 3ds later

#18 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Vita.

#19 Posted by benpicko (1978 posts) -
@Axxol said:
@Enigma777 said:

#20 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

i'm digging the Vita more than the 3ds at this point. 

#21 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

3DS considering both company's history with portables. Vita looks like a fine piece of kit, and OHGODTHATPRICE, but Sony just don't handle portables well.

#22 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@HS21 said:
Cool poll, bro.
#23 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Currently I'd say I want a PSV more but I know that once Nintendo pulls out their biggies I'll totally go get one.

#24 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

Vita- does way more for the same price.

#25 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5036 posts) -

@Afroman269

Wait for a year and then look at the games list.  That way you can walk into a store and buy a system with games on it.  You'd also have a better idea of the quality of games when everyone else has played them.

#26 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I saw nothing in the way of future Vita games that I'm interested in. I'm not getting the 3DS for a while still, but I'm not sure I'll ever get a Vita. 

#27 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (617 posts) -

I can do with both, but if I were forced to get only one, well... Only one of them has Monster Hunter.

#28 Posted by ajamafalous (11800 posts) -

Probably the Vita.

#29 Posted by onarum (1989 posts) -

yep, same price point, 3DS loses big time

#30 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

Vita, cus I prefer sony first party games

#31 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I'm hyped like a motherfucker for a new handheld now. I'm going to wait for Nintendo to announce more 3DS stuff before making a choice. I'm leaning now towards Vita because by the time I want to get another handheld, the 3DS lite should be out. I will kill someone if Vita goes the way of the PSP.

#32 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

I'm enjoying my 3DS right now.  Like all systems, you have to wait for the good games.

#33 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

VIta at $250, 3DS better drop to sub-200 this year for me to also buy it (I love handhelds, I'll own them all!).

#34 Edited by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

This right here.  The PSV will have that Uncharted game, but there isn't too much else I am interested in right now.  Honestly, I haven't been paying too close attention to the 3DS line up so I can't tell if it's worth the expense yet.  I play mostly JRPGs on my DS (still lovin' it) and so I plan to stick with that genre on whichever portable I get to replace it.  I'm going to need to see some Dragon Quests, Final Fantasys, Valkyria Chronicles and other franchises on either system before I make a decision.  Having said that, I am very pleased with what I saw of the Vita.
#35 Posted by xyzygy (9867 posts) -

Right now I'm liking the 3DS more. The Vita has the much nicer looking hardware though. Typically the better games comes to Nintendo handhelds though... I'll have to wait and see.

#36 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Vita by 65,345 miles.

#37 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Snapstacle: That would never happen this year. It will make Nintendo look reactionary.

@angelkanarias said:

@HS21 said:
Cool poll, bro.

Cooler than your polls, broskis

#38 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

They both need games

#39 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

I'll be livin la vita loca

#40 Posted by RobotHamster (4169 posts) -

VEEE TAHHH

#41 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (457 posts) -

Personally I've ended up with a decent sized collection of games for PSP (many of them digital even), so for me the natural upgrade is to the Vita. I'll probably wait until the first price drop on the 3DS, I would imagine by then there would games I want to play. If the 3DS handled DS games better, I'd be more willing to make the jump sooner.

#42 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Vita probably. I'd need to see the UK price to decide for sure, around £200 is my guess.

#43 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

I'll be livin la vita loca

Now that someone has finally said that, the next person to repeat it should be shot.

@PenguinDust said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

This right here. The PSV will have that Uncharted game, but there isn't too much else I am interested in right now. Honestly, I haven't been paying too close attention to the 3DS line up so I can't tell if it's worth the expense yet. I play mostly JRPGs on my DS (still lovin' it) and so I plan to stick with that genre on whichever portable I get to replace it. I'm going to need to see some Dragon Quests, Final Fantasys, Valkyria Chronicles and other franchises on either system before I make a decision. Having said that, I am very pleased with what I saw of the Vita.

Sadly the thing that is making me want a 3DS right now is for the eventual Pokemon game releases, but I do know that the next Golden Sun game is fucking guaranteed for 3DS.

#44 Posted by Redbullet685 (6017 posts) -

I'll wait to see Nintendo's conference to see what new 3DS games they will have before I decide. They both look good though.

#45 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

I bought a 3DS, and will buy a NGP. I don't give a fuck about weither they are good or not. They both look fucking stupid, and that's why i want them.

#46 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5036 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:

I will kill someone if Vita goes the way of the PSP.

Go to a PSP thread and people will tell you that that thing has had a shit load of good games that don't get a lot of coverage.  I'm not one of them because my PSP broke.
#47 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

it could be easier to decide when TGS comes around. i want to see what square, atlus and other japanese companies have coming for Vita.

#48 Posted by Getz (2986 posts) -

neither? I'm waiting for the games, and you should too.

#49 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Neither. Portable gaming isn't really my thing.

#50 Posted by HS21 (2678 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:

@Snapstacle: That would never happen this year. It will make Nintendo look reactionary.

@angelkanarias said:

@HS21 said:
Cool poll, bro.

Cooler than your polls, broskis

How do you know about my polls....