4.4K Subs!

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By zagzagovich
@ZeForgotten: 
Dude. It's not about you not paying. It's about you dissing the people who payed and try to get more people to pay. C'mon, no need to be an asshole about that stuff.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By zeforgotten
@ryanwho said:
" ZeForgotten's Law- compare your plight to a black person in the segregated south pre-1960. "
Wrong again, my god you fail hard at this. 
Nazis is my thing, kid, nazis!  
Geesh
cancrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By cancrman

I wasn't thrilled when they decided to put the bombcast behind a paywall (because, really, that's what it is), but when you do the dollars per hour of entertainment equation, $50/yr really isn't that bad of a deal.  Plus, hey, free t-shirt.

I subscribed when I heard about the 5k subscriber thing.  Primarily because I can afford it and well, having the bombcast behind a paywall would suck.  Doing my part!

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By s-a-n-JR

IMO, I think it'd be a dick move if it ends up being just under 5k and they still don't make the bombcast free.
Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Kill

If I paid the $5, I'd probably only do it for the Bombcast. It's part of my routine to hear the full two hour podcast - has been since the days of the Hotspot. I'm not convinced that their scheme will work though. If the full members version of the Bombcast is just an MP3 file, what's to stop people sharing it on torrent sites for non-members?  

I'm reminded of Howard Stern going to paid radio only for people to torrent his radio shows for free anyway. Audio can never be exclusive content.

paudle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By paudle

I'm surprised at how close it has gotten

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#57  Edited By jacobmccourt
@Sanj said:
" IMO, I think i'd be a dick move if it ends up being just under 5k and they still don't make the bombcast free. "
It's a slap in the face of the community that has made them.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By zeforgotten
@ZagZagovich said:
" @ZeForgotten:  Dude. It's not about you not paying. It's about you dissing the people who payed and try to get more people to pay. C'mon, no need to be an asshole about that stuff. "
I'm not trying to be an asshole. 
I'm just joking about how it all got way out of hand and then I'm doing the only thing that keeps me entertained, just like I did with all the other drama that was going on at some point (The "I'm leaving"-blog period) 
People seem to get so angry when other people make fun of them, as I said I am paying when the money is there but my health is still more important than some website.  
I know this is the internet so I'm mostly surprised that people take it so seriously. 
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#59  Edited By zidd
@busted1der said:
" @Sanj said:
" IMO, I think i'd be a dick move if it ends up being just under 5k and they still don't make the bombcast free. "
It's a slap in the face of the community that has made them. "
You don't get a gold medal for coming in second place.
megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#60  Edited By megalowho
@ZeForgotten said:
" @megalowho said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" I wish I didn't have to "waste" money on food, bills and other important stuff so I could chip in. Sadly the real world is kinda hard, so enjoy it while mom and dad are there to pay for everything..   "  
The real world is hard. That's why I have a full time job that enables me pay for the things I both need and enjoy in life, including services like Giant Bomb. Way to generalize the community.  "
Congrats on having a full time job like many of us have.  But are you actually trying to tell me that not a single person here had mommy or daddy help pay for this?   Next month I'll be able to pay for a year, but this months money are all used for the important stuff. Giantbomb is not important enough for me to say "Maybe we should not get the medicine for me to survive this month and pay for some WhiskeyMedia thingy!" :P I mean, I enjoy the sites a lot but not enough to have myself killed :P "
No hard feelings about priorities, you're totally right about that. Everyones got 'em, you wouldn't be responsible if you didn't. I guess I just get a bit peeved when it's assumed we're all kids here just because it's a site about video games. One thing I like about GB is that it does seem to have its fair share of us "elder" folk that appreciate the finer things in life, like drinkin' and game room quick looks. We need to represent.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Falx: That's exactly what I used. It works just fine.
zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By zagzagovich
@ZeForgotten: 
Dude. You are not good at it. We all love to joke about internet drama and stuff but you are just coming off like an obnoxinous prick. There is a skill to this and you are just trying to insult people with no real pay off. There are enough real asshole comments here. No need for fake ones.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By trophyhunter

Well Mike Tatum is a compete asshat. So yes if we get 4999, he will gives us the finger in return.

brocool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By brocool

paypal and Im there

kuddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kuddles

I don't understand why they are refusing to budge on the t-shirt thing. They've already admitted that due to erratic international shipping costs, they will be lucky if they break even on the flat $10 thing.  I bought a sub, but that was the biggest thing that gave me pause as a Canadian. 

On other forums, I've already heard of tons international fans who are turned off of the annual rate of $60 instead of $50 just for the additional costs of a t-shirt they don't want, especially since there might end up being duty taxes on it as well. To me, that's even dumber than the split podcast idea.    
Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Buscemi

I just made that multi-pass, yahoo! Would've bought a gold medal too if I had the cash to do it. I'm still kind of pissed off about the whole Bombcast-thing, but hell, why not. I've been hear since the blog so I might as well show some support. Next month, though, even if that means that it's to late. 

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67  Edited By Cincaid
@ZeForgotten: You can't really expect people to know you're joking in textform on an Internet forum, when you say that "mommy and daddy paid their subscription", just because YOU had to buy medicine or whatever. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you really did come off as a douche.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#68  Edited By Kohe321

So is it safe to assume that if the podcast idea is reverted, people are generally cool with there being a subscription model with some exclusive content for subscribers (live events and such)?  I wonder how deep this "outrage" really goes. 

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DeadPan

Even if they do make it free it does not get rid of the fact they were wiling to do it, then saw the backlash and held the bombcast hostage so they could get more subscriptions, and have done what they said they didn't want too and have made a split in the GB community.  They will never admit it was a shitty decision. People go on about business investments ect, This is a gaming website, Not a massive corparate one. they could have just did a donation drive and not held the community that helped make them to ransom. They would have gotten more if they did it that way. People made the choice to "help" out and thats all well and good. I didn't because i have other, more important things my money needs to go on but i love this site and will continue to give it hits but this whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Also: MAN HOURSZZ!!!~~

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Detrian

This is fucking stupid. It's like trying to reach for something that should have been in your pocket.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#71  Edited By bibamatt
@Falx: My UK Visa Debit totally worked.
jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jack_daniels
@Spoonman: Shenanigans!!!
234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#74  Edited By 234r2we232
@Sanj said:
" IMO, I think it'd be a dick move if it ends up being just under 5k and they still don't make the bombcast free. "
Exactly. Imagine if it hits 4995 and they brush it under the carpet. The following week, 5000 subs request again... but this time everyone gets pie and free Bombcast!
nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By nickux

Even if we don't hit 5,000 I still think the podcast might be saved. In the light of all the love experienced yesterday during the BLLSL I think they see how much the Bombcast means to everybody. Either way, I paid my money and was glad to do it. Hopefully it's enough to get the Bombcast united for all. 

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I'm hoping GiantBomb does the right thing and declares 4.Xk "close enough". Do us proud, guys.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By zeforgotten
@megalowho: If only drinking was a finer thing in my life, then the live show would have been so awesome. 
So instead of drinking can we change it to enjoying the "beeps" and "bleeps" of the good old games? :P 

@ZagZagovich:  @CrazyChris:
Then I am sorry to the both of you for making jokes that I only find funny.  
That doesn't mean that I don't think that there is at least 100 guys(or gals) out there who had mom and dad pay for their subscribtionbut obviously not everyone lives in their parents basement. 
That's why when I talk about those kids then it's directed at them. 
If anyone else gets offended by it then that's probably because they used to mooch of mommy and daddy, I dunno :P
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ISuperGamerI

All of this just seems like a dirty plot for them to get subscribers.

Avatar image for concernedlistener
ConcernedListener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kohe321 said:
" So is it safe to assume that if the podcast idea is reverted, people are generally cool with there being a subscription model with some exclusive content for subscribers (live events and such)?  I wonder how deep this "outrage" really goes.  "
Im totally fine with everything else. Guys lets face it, they need to make money somehow to keep the site running, having new content to drive new subs like Live shows and the other benefits is how you should go about it. However holding something so loved as the Bombcast over peoples heads is not cool... not cool at all, it leaves a bad taste in the whole communities mouth. It should never have even been an option.
Tzarscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Tzarscream
@Falx said:
" If my UK Visa debit worked with the pay system, i would have subscribed already. "
Mine worked
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ryanwho
@ISuperGamerI said:

" All of this just seems like a dirty plot for them to get subscribers. "

My feeling is anyone who gets scammed into paying for shit they never look at like Anime Vice and Tested because they want bombcast to stay in one piece deserves to be scammed.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By Lies
@trophyhunter said:
" Well Mike Tatum is a compete asshat. So yes if we get 4999, he will gives us the finger in return. "
On the other hand, he did drunkenly promise both Australia AND UK tours last night, so they'll probably be needing that money
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By sixghost
@ISuperGamerI said:
"All of this just seems like a dirty plot for them to get subscribers. "

Holy shit, you're right. I can't believe i didn't see it before.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By swamplord666

finally managed to get my yearly subscription! it's only right to support these charismatic stallions

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus
@Falx: My UK Visa debit card worked :)
Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Swaboo

Well i plopped down 5 dollars. I have no interest in anything they have to offer other then the Bombcast so i don't see why i would buy a yearly sub. If it was like 15$ a year for just leaving my bombcast alone that would be fine.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@Heartagram: the content they offer is not worth 50 dollars.
xaveri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By xaveri

Let's do this people! A little over 2 hours to go.

macot79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By macot79

What I don't really get about the "splitting up the podcast"-thing is what's to stop a subscriber from just uploading the whole show to another site?

Psiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Psiman

I cant get over people paying just for the stuff on offer here, most other sites have ads, which i would much prefer than fronting the bill myself. you can get a new game for the price of this yearly membership

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#91  Edited By Vinchenzo

I'd sign up but my microphone broke recently and that's going to be about $40. Nor do I give a shit about the Bombcast being split into two.

Tzarscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Tzarscream

The people whining about being scammed are being cunts, the annual subscription is a little weak but the 5 dollars thing is fucking nothing. I'm a brit so I'm only guessing this but I'm assuming a footlong sandwich from Subway costs more that 5 dollars.

Are you people so stingey that you can't miss out on a Subway for one day and donate to a site that has given you a shit ton of original content? It also has Brad Nicholson, Brad Nicholson is worth the price of admission.

DiscoDuck8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DiscoDuck8k
@Shuborno said:
" I bet they'd easily have that many more subs if they'd included a PayPal option. "
That's my reason. Not that I really care about subscribing anyway, but I'd totally put down five bucks to help keep things the way they are if I could.

It will be pretty annoying if they stay on this path even with the community so close and clearly against it.
DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#94  Edited By DarkShaper
@macot79 said:
" What I don't really get about the "splitting up the podcast"-thing is what's to stop a subscriber from just uploading the whole show to another site? "
Well anything you can pay for can be stolen on the internet. But anyone  who dose that is a total jackass. 
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jayzilla
@Gizmo said:
" The reverberations of splitting the Bombcast will far outweigh the money WM will make from the 200 odd subscribers that they will be short of to making the 5K cut. "
^this. paying for a podcast? in this lifetime? i don't think so, son. 
Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#96  Edited By Heartagram
@chocolaterhinovampire: Its not worth that to you. But for me it is. Noone is forcing anyone to subscribe. Been using this site since day one and i don't see it stopping anytime soon.
Blackmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Blackmoore
@PenKaizen: Actually there are the $5 footlongs which cost, well, $5. (before tax though)
SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SniperXan

I tried to put in my $60 cause I love the sites and keeping this place going the way it is is worth every penny but the site wouldn't let me confirm my order so I guess they don't want my money? I'll try again another time. 

Also, Batman.

kuddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By kuddles
@macot79:
Even if they did that, then they wouldn't be paying for the bandwidth so they still probably win out.
Tzarscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Tzarscream

Well then instead of getting a footlong subway, donate to the website that has given you hours and hour and hours of original content for the sake of getting the Bombcast back.