• 86 results
#1 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

from eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-09-three-dog-tweet-sets-tongues-wagging-on-possible-fallout-4-announcement

The voice actor who played Three Dog in Fallout 3 has sparked speculation that Bethesda may soon announce Fallout 4.

Erik Todd Dellums tweeted last night saying Fallout fans may not have heard the last of Three Dog, the excitable GNR DJ who starred in the post-apocalyptic open world role-playing game.

“To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming!” he said.

“Fingers crossed!"

He followed that up with: “How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.”

He declined to offer further details when pressed.

It's unclear whether Dellums is teasing Fallout 4 or something else, but it seems inevitable that Bethesda will be hard at work on the game given the popularity of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, made by Obsidian Entertainment.

Last year rumours circulated that claimed Fallout 4 will be set in the US city of Boston, but this remains unconfirmed.

Going back even further, to 2008, Bethesda marketing chief Pete Hines said Bethesda "clearly intended" to make more than one Fallout game when it bought the rights to the series from Interplay in 2007.

Will Fallout 4 be a next-generation console and PC game? Time will tell

would it be '4allout' or '4llout'

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1931 posts) -

Bethesda is certainly classier than to resort to the tacky use of the number in the title like that. Also, if anything it would be F4llout, neither of the ones you put forth make any sense.

#3 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

#4 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

Hopefully they'll mange to keep the same atmosphere or maybe make it even better. F3 beat New Vegas in the atmosphere department for me.

#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Fourlout?

#6 Edited by _Chad (960 posts) -

I've got wowzers in my trousers.

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Why would they make a new engine? The one they built for Skyrim is still pretty new.

#7 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

More Fallout

More Three Dog

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1931 posts) -

@_Chad:

If by "built" you mean the old ass Oblivion engine that they modified for Skyrim. It may have a shiny new coat of paint and significantly re-done elements, but there is still plenty of the same jank that's been present since Oblivion. All the stupid NPC scripting and weird physics stuff (like jumping backwards up mountains) is still in the "new" Skyrim engine.

#9 Edited by ShaggE (6698 posts) -

F4llout 4: T4ctics.

#10 Posted by Meltac (2007 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

Fourlout?

Fourllout?

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ll_Exile_ll said:

@_Chad:

If by "built" you mean the old ass Oblivion engine that they modified for Skyrim. It may have a shiny new coat of paint and significantly re-done elements, but there is still plenty of the same jank that's been present since Oblivion. All the stupid NPC scripting and weird physics stuff (like jumping backwards up mountains) is still in the "new" Skyrim engine.

But can you honestly call it a fallout game if it doesnt have jankness out the ass when it leaves the box? 
#12 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

Three Dog as main character for Fallout: Capital Wasteland YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

#13 Posted by Nux (2419 posts) -

More Fallout would be nice.

#14 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

Whatever it is, I assume (and hope) it's next gen. Fallout Episode 4: A New Hope would be a system seller for me.

#15 Posted by Branthog (5596 posts) -

@ll_Exile_ll said:

@_Chad:

Agreed. I find the engine repulsive. The NPCs look awful and everything in Skyrim still has this weird angular fashion to it that looks unnatural. The lighting always seems sort of "dead" and lifeless. The world just has this very "not alive" and "gamey" feel to it that turns me off. The absolute adoration for the "beauty" and "realism" of the world in Skyrim over the last year and a half as sort of baffled me.

#16 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ll_Exile_ll said:

@_Chad:

But can you honestly call it a fallout game if it doesnt have jankness out the ass when it leaves the box?

Yes. It would be called a good game.

#17 Posted by jmood88 (399 posts) -

I hope that the environment isn't grey and sparse like Fallout 3.

#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

@_Chad said:

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Why would they make a new engine? The one they built for Skyrim is still pretty new.

Maybe so it can actually function and look decent on PS3. That's reason enough to create a new engine.

#19 Posted by LackingSaint (1853 posts) -

I'd have hoped Obsidian would be the developer, but if they're working on Fallout 4 now and South Park is still being made, that seems unlikely. In any regards, i'm up for more Fallout, as long as it's a new location. Maybe Florida or something? beaches and theme parks.

#20 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

The chances that Bethesda won't use Skyrim's "engine" are pretty slim. I'm sure they'll update it slightly, like in the jump from Oblivion to Fallout 3. The more important thing to me is that it's on next gen hardware. It could be more prone to bugs and the like, but the upsides would be worth it.

As long as the game is an improved sequel, I'll be happy.

#21 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

I hope they make a new engine for this. I love the Fallout games in concept, but they are always so bad to play and see. I hope this will be the one that doesn't have bad combat and character models that look and animate so badly that I want to jab a knife in my eyes just to make sure I don't ever accidently see it again. I would like to see them flesh out the RPG aspect of it and make it more of an emphases.

#22 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

Will I get to kill Three Dog again with landmines? If so, I'm in.

#23 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

If you people want a new engine then don't complain that you have to wait until 2016 to play Fallout 4.

#24 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

I think if this is on the new consoles, most people will be fine with it since PC skyrim does look a hell of a lot better than the console version already. It'll probably feel like a newer engine to most because of this.

#25 Edited by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

What if it's a launch title? How great/terrifying would that be? It would probably be one of those "Don't play this on console" games.

#26 Posted by Svenzon (727 posts) -

@Nikoran said:

Hopefully they'll mange to keep the same atmosphere or maybe make it even better. F3 beat New Vegas in the atmosphere department for me.

Same here. New Vegas had cool writing and all, but it just didn't have that thick atmosphere that Fallout 3 had. It grabbed me the moment I stepped out of the vault and never let go.

It would be cool if Bethesda developed the game and brought in Chris Avellone as either lead writer or writing consultant. Fallout 3's atmosphere combined with New Vegas' roleplaying would make an excellent game.

#27 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

Considering the huge success they had with Oblivion on the 360, I don't doubt they would love to have this be a launch or near-launch title for the new consoles. 
Still, I wonder if they think it's worth the risk to not put it out on current consoles as well.

#28 Posted by Daiphyer (1351 posts) -

Calling it. New console launch title. Calling it.

#29 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

It will be Skyrim engine, which is gorgeous.

Fallout 3 is easily in my top 3 games ever, I can't friggin wait. Hope it has a more tweaked hardcore mode like New Vegas. I felt that was really an afterthough, I want them to have survival built into the philosophy of the game.

I'm thinking a California setting LA and San Francisco.

#30 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@_Chad said:

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Maybe so it can actually function and look decent on PS3. That's reason enough to create a new engine.

I expect this to be next gen, high end PC's

#31 Posted by BigDaddy81 (330 posts) -

@Svenzon said:

@Nikoran said:

Same here. New Vegas had cool writing and all, but it just didn't have that thick atmosphere that Fallout 3 had. It grabbed me the moment I stepped out of the vault and never let go.

It would be cool if Bethesda developed the game and brought in Chris Avellone as either lead writer or writing consultant. Fallout 3's atmosphere combined with New Vegas' roleplaying would make an excellent game.

My feelings exactly.

Fallout 3 was my introduction to the Fallout universe and it felt like a proper post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas had fantastic writing but it never felt like its predecessor in terms of atmosphere. Outside of a few blown up buildings here and there, I may as well have been traversing the Australian Outback.

#32 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Hell yeah Fallout 4!

#33 Posted by The_Nubster (2354 posts) -

I'll play it gladly for the sheer fun it offers, but I don't have much hope it'll be as tight or as engaging as New Vegas was. God damn, does Obsidian know how to write. God damn.

#34 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

This can't be as good as New Vegas, but I'm hoping that the new engine will make it passable.

#35 Posted by Little_Socrates (5711 posts) -

Never refer to it as "4allout" again.

Honestly, I don't know if I like Three Dog returning for Fallout 4 all that much. That man's had his day.

#36 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@BigDaddy81 said:

My feelings exactly.

Fallout 3 was my introduction to the Fallout universe and it felt like a proper post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas had fantastic writing but it never felt like its predecessor in terms of atmosphere. Outside of a few blown up buildings here and there, I may as well have been traversing the Australian Outback.

It did however feel much closer to the original two games.

#37 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Ready to fight the good fight! Man, I love Three Dog.

#38 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Will I get to kill Three Dog again with landmines? If so, I'm in.

Monster.

#39 Posted by Wampa1 (742 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: That better?

Going back to 3 after NV reminds me that Bethesda games are black and white, good vs evil blandfests. At least with NV they got the moral ambiguity of the Fallout universe down perfectly. Course that didn't stop me blowing 60 hours in F3...

#40 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Let's hope they'll be able to properly animate 3rd person models this time around.

#41 Posted by groin (860 posts) -

I'm just here to complain about your thread title. Carry on.

#42 Posted by rentfn (1288 posts) -

I'm excited. I hope it is out this year but depending when they started it, it could be on new hardware. I wonder if they will wait for E3 or if the news will come sooner. I hope we get more than Hardware news at E3

#43 Posted by believer258 (12180 posts) -

Let Bethesda design the world and writing, but let id do the shooting and engine and animations.

#44 Posted by Arabes (345 posts) -

If Three Dogs is in it then it's East Coast, I heard Boston mentioned. That'd make sense, it was alluded to in Fallout 3 with the visiting scientist in Rivet City. Boston apparently still has a research station from before the war - a bit like the Big MT in the NV expansion. It'd be interesting to see how things have progressed since the end of Fallout 3 on the. And it'll definitely be the same engine as Skyrim, nobody should be fooling themsleves on that one. It's a shame that they don't have obsidian for this, they do much more interesting rpg's than bethesda, way better writing and more interesting use of the systems. I find Bethesda to be pretty bland. My only concern with this is that they'll simplify the systems which would fucking suck, not everything needs to be streamlined to the point of disappearing, people aren't fucking idiots. I'd love if they did a fallout set during the first 10 or 20 years after the war, that'd be great. But they seem set on continuing chronilogically from Fallout 1

#45 Posted by Irishdoom (333 posts) -

@Nikoran said:

I agree. Fallout 3 was superior in almost every way. New Vegas was still a fun ride, but I felt INVESTED in FO3.

Whatever they come up with, though, I'm in. And a new, less buggy engine would be nice. :)

#46 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@coakroach: They'll use the Skyrim engine which is totally new and completely flawless 

Also it will be called F4llout obviously.
#47 Posted by morrelloman (609 posts) -

I'm here from the future to let everyone know that this game is unplayable on PS3.

#48 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

WHO'S READY FOR SOME BAD WRITING!?!?!

#49 Posted by triviaman09 (803 posts) -

I've heard that making a new engine is actually really time-consuming and resource-intensive. I'd rather have a new game soon than a new game in like 3 years after they build an engine.

#50 Posted by GregHorrorShow (21 posts) -

Funnily enough I was talking about the fact we were overdue a numbered Fallout game just the other night - if this is true that's great news.