Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bell_End

from eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-09-three-dog-tweet-sets-tongues-wagging-on-possible-fallout-4-announcement

The voice actor who played Three Dog in Fallout 3 has sparked speculation that Bethesda may soon announce Fallout 4.

Erik Todd Dellums tweeted last night saying Fallout fans may not have heard the last of Three Dog, the excitable GNR DJ who starred in the post-apocalyptic open world role-playing game.

“To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming!” he said.

“Fingers crossed!"

He followed that up with: “How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.”

He declined to offer further details when pressed.

It's unclear whether Dellums is teasing Fallout 4 or something else, but it seems inevitable that Bethesda will be hard at work on the game given the popularity of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, made by Obsidian Entertainment.

Last year rumours circulated that claimed Fallout 4 will be set in the US city of Boston, but this remains unconfirmed.

Going back even further, to 2008, Bethesda marketing chief Pete Hines said Bethesda "clearly intended" to make more than one Fallout game when it bought the rights to the series from Interplay in 2007.

Will Fallout 4 be a next-generation console and PC game? Time will tell

would it be '4allout' or '4llout'

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Bethesda is certainly classier than to resort to the tacky use of the number in the title like that. Also, if anything it would be F4llout, neither of the ones you put forth make any sense.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coakroach

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Nikoran

Hopefully they'll mange to keep the same atmosphere or maybe make it even better. F3 beat New Vegas in the atmosphere department for me.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Fourlout?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I've got wowzers in my trousers.

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Why would they make a new engine? The one they built for Skyrim is still pretty new.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marcsman

More Fallout

More Three Dog

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@_Chad:

If by "built" you mean the old ass Oblivion engine that they modified for Skyrim. It may have a shiny new coat of paint and significantly re-done elements, but there is still plenty of the same jank that's been present since Oblivion. All the stupid NPC scripting and weird physics stuff (like jumping backwards up mountains) is still in the "new" Skyrim engine.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaggE

F4llout 4: T4ctics.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Meltac

@WinterSnowblind said:

Fourlout?

Fourllout?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@ll_Exile_ll said:

@_Chad:

If by "built" you mean the old ass Oblivion engine that they modified for Skyrim. It may have a shiny new coat of paint and significantly re-done elements, but there is still plenty of the same jank that's been present since Oblivion. All the stupid NPC scripting and weird physics stuff (like jumping backwards up mountains) is still in the "new" Skyrim engine.

But can you honestly call it a fallout game if it doesnt have jankness out the ass when it leaves the box? 
probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By probablytuna

Three Dog as main character for Fallout: Capital Wasteland YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Nux

More Fallout would be nice.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kerned

Whatever it is, I assume (and hope) it's next gen. Fallout Episode 4: A New Hope would be a system seller for me.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Branthog

@ll_Exile_ll said:

@_Chad:

Agreed. I find the engine repulsive. The NPCs look awful and everything in Skyrim still has this weird angular fashion to it that looks unnatural. The lighting always seems sort of "dead" and lifeless. The world just has this very "not alive" and "gamey" feel to it that turns me off. The absolute adoration for the "beauty" and "realism" of the world in Skyrim over the last year and a half as sort of baffled me.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MikeGosot

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ll_Exile_ll said:

@_Chad:

But can you honestly call it a fallout game if it doesnt have jankness out the ass when it leaves the box?

Yes. It would be called a good game.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jmood88

I hope that the environment isn't grey and sparse like Fallout 3.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By awesomeusername

@_Chad said:

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Why would they make a new engine? The one they built for Skyrim is still pretty new.

Maybe so it can actually function and look decent on PS3. That's reason enough to create a new engine.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By LackingSaint

I'd have hoped Obsidian would be the developer, but if they're working on Fallout 4 now and South Park is still being made, that seems unlikely. In any regards, i'm up for more Fallout, as long as it's a new location. Maybe Florida or something? beaches and theme parks.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Arker101

The chances that Bethesda won't use Skyrim's "engine" are pretty slim. I'm sure they'll update it slightly, like in the jump from Oblivion to Fallout 3. The more important thing to me is that it's on next gen hardware. It could be more prone to bugs and the like, but the upsides would be worth it.

As long as the game is an improved sequel, I'll be happy.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By crusader8463

I hope they make a new engine for this. I love the Fallout games in concept, but they are always so bad to play and see. I hope this will be the one that doesn't have bad combat and character models that look and animate so badly that I want to jab a knife in my eyes just to make sure I don't ever accidently see it again. I would like to see them flesh out the RPG aspect of it and make it more of an emphases.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Will I get to kill Three Dog again with landmines? If so, I'm in.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Vinny_Says

If you people want a new engine then don't complain that you have to wait until 2016 to play Fallout 4.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Benny

I think if this is on the new consoles, most people will be fine with it since PC skyrim does look a hell of a lot better than the console version already. It'll probably feel like a newer engine to most because of this.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By recroulette

What if it's a launch title? How great/terrifying would that be? It would probably be one of those "Don't play this on console" games.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#26  Edited By Svenzon

@Nikoran said:

Hopefully they'll mange to keep the same atmosphere or maybe make it even better. F3 beat New Vegas in the atmosphere department for me.

Same here. New Vegas had cool writing and all, but it just didn't have that thick atmosphere that Fallout 3 had. It grabbed me the moment I stepped out of the vault and never let go.

It would be cool if Bethesda developed the game and brought in Chris Avellone as either lead writer or writing consultant. Fallout 3's atmosphere combined with New Vegas' roleplaying would make an excellent game.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Dingofighter

Considering the huge success they had with Oblivion on the 360, I don't doubt they would love to have this be a launch or near-launch title for the new consoles. 
Still, I wonder if they think it's worth the risk to not put it out on current consoles as well.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By daiphyer

Calling it. New console launch title. Calling it.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

It will be Skyrim engine, which is gorgeous.

Fallout 3 is easily in my top 3 games ever, I can't friggin wait. Hope it has a more tweaked hardcore mode like New Vegas. I felt that was really an afterthough, I want them to have survival built into the philosophy of the game.

I'm thinking a California setting LA and San Francisco.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@awesomeusername said:

@_Chad said:

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Maybe so it can actually function and look decent on PS3. That's reason enough to create a new engine.

I expect this to be next gen, high end PC's

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bigdaddy81

@Svenzon said:

@Nikoran said:

Same here. New Vegas had cool writing and all, but it just didn't have that thick atmosphere that Fallout 3 had. It grabbed me the moment I stepped out of the vault and never let go.

It would be cool if Bethesda developed the game and brought in Chris Avellone as either lead writer or writing consultant. Fallout 3's atmosphere combined with New Vegas' roleplaying would make an excellent game.

My feelings exactly.

Fallout 3 was my introduction to the Fallout universe and it felt like a proper post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas had fantastic writing but it never felt like its predecessor in terms of atmosphere. Outside of a few blown up buildings here and there, I may as well have been traversing the Australian Outback.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Phatmac

Hell yeah Fallout 4!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Nubster

I'll play it gladly for the sheer fun it offers, but I don't have much hope it'll be as tight or as engaging as New Vegas was. God damn, does Obsidian know how to write. God damn.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mandude

This can't be as good as New Vegas, but I'm hoping that the new engine will make it passable.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#35  Edited By Little_Socrates

Never refer to it as "4allout" again.

Honestly, I don't know if I like Three Dog returning for Fallout 4 all that much. That man's had his day.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@BigDaddy81 said:

My feelings exactly.

Fallout 3 was my introduction to the Fallout universe and it felt like a proper post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas had fantastic writing but it never felt like its predecessor in terms of atmosphere. Outside of a few blown up buildings here and there, I may as well have been traversing the Australian Outback.

It did however feel much closer to the original two games.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By McGhee

Ready to fight the good fight! Man, I love Three Dog.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By McGhee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Will I get to kill Three Dog again with landmines? If so, I'm in.

Monster.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wampa1

@TaliciaDragonsong: That better?

Going back to 3 after NV reminds me that Bethesda games are black and white, good vs evil blandfests. At least with NV they got the moral ambiguity of the Fallout universe down perfectly. Course that didn't stop me blowing 60 hours in F3...

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Klei

Let's hope they'll be able to properly animate 3rd person models this time around.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By groin

I'm just here to complain about your thread title. Carry on.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rentfn

I'm excited. I hope it is out this year but depending when they started it, it could be on new hardware. I wonder if they will wait for E3 or if the news will come sooner. I hope we get more than Hardware news at E3

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By Justin258

Let Bethesda design the world and writing, but let id do the shooting and engine and animations.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Arabes

If Three Dogs is in it then it's East Coast, I heard Boston mentioned. That'd make sense, it was alluded to in Fallout 3 with the visiting scientist in Rivet City. Boston apparently still has a research station from before the war - a bit like the Big MT in the NV expansion. It'd be interesting to see how things have progressed since the end of Fallout 3 on the. And it'll definitely be the same engine as Skyrim, nobody should be fooling themsleves on that one. It's a shame that they don't have obsidian for this, they do much more interesting rpg's than bethesda, way better writing and more interesting use of the systems. I find Bethesda to be pretty bland. My only concern with this is that they'll simplify the systems which would fucking suck, not everything needs to be streamlined to the point of disappearing, people aren't fucking idiots. I'd love if they did a fallout set during the first 10 or 20 years after the war, that'd be great. But they seem set on continuing chronilogically from Fallout 1

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By Irishdoom

@Nikoran said:

I agree. Fallout 3 was superior in almost every way. New Vegas was still a fun ride, but I felt INVESTED in FO3.

Whatever they come up with, though, I'm in. And a new, less buggy engine would be nice. :)

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jack268
@coakroach: They'll use the Skyrim engine which is totally new and completely flawless 

Also it will be called F4llout obviously.
morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By morrelloman

I'm here from the future to let everyone know that this game is unplayable on PS3.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Animasta

WHO'S READY FOR SOME BAD WRITING!?!?!

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By triviaman09

I've heard that making a new engine is actually really time-consuming and resource-intensive. I'd rather have a new game soon than a new game in like 3 years after they build an engine.

GregHorrorShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GregHorrorShow

Funnily enough I was talking about the fact we were overdue a numbered Fallout game just the other night - if this is true that's great news.