• 86 results
oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By oraknabo

I'd also love to see Obsidian work on this, but I think after Bethesda screwed them out of a bonus over one point on a Metacritic score, the chances are pretty low. They're busy finishing South Park and having fun working on Wasteland 2 and their own Planescape sequel. Why the hell would they want to go back to work for Bethesda?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Animasta

@oraknabo said:

I'd also love to see Obsidian work on this, but I think after Bethesda screwed them out of a bonus over one point on a Metacritic score, the chances are pretty low.

uh, I don't think they did; they had to have known about it, it would've been in the contract.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By jakob187

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

This. That Gamebryo shit ain't cutting it anymore.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#54  Edited By StarvingGamer

I just wanted to say that 4allout is the stupidest thing I have read, possibly ever.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By mx

@StarvingGamer said:

I just wanted to say that 4allout is the stupidest thing I have read, possibly ever.

you're right it should say F4llout

OT: The skyrim engine seemed fine to me, and I played on a PS3. I should really open up my copy of Fallout 3 and see what the fuzz is all about

Discoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Discoman

I'd rather Bestheda do something else because Fallout 3, when compared to New Vegas, didn't feel like a traditional fallout game. Fallout 3 had more atmosphere because it hit you over the head with it every five seconds. New Vegas had more humor to it, had a better scale, was more fleshed out, and stayed inline with the previous narratives.

If they do it in Boston I'd be interesting if you're a android made by the Institute and sent out into the world for some mission. That way you get the traditional 'stranger in a strange land' theme, and perhaps create a unique Perks system and what not. Hell, atleast VATS would make more sense with a Robot.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By oraknabo

@Animasta: You might think sticking that close to a contract is good Business, but if it had been me, I might not go around badmouthing Bethesda about it, but I would never work with them again unless I absolutely had to.

Edit: I think it would have been much better business if Bethesda said, "You guys at Obsidian got so damn close to the mark, you made a great game and half the reason you didn't get over 85 is our shitty, buggy, outdated engine, so you really deserve the bonus anyway."

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Animasta

WHO'S READY FOR SOME BAD WRITING!?!?!

I'm ready to not make assumptions before the game is even announced. And I don't mind the writing in Bethesda games at all. Skyrim had some really great side quests. Plus the writing is secondary to the world in these games.
HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HerbieBug

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Indeed. I've been watching Husky Starcraft's playthrough of Fallout 1 recently and am impressed how the cinematic close up shots of the important NPC's hold up. I want to play a Fallout where everything is done in that style. Would be amazing.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Animasta

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta

I'm ready to not make assumptions before the game is even announced. And I don't mind the writing in Bethesda games at all. Skyrim had some really great side quests. Plus the writing is secondary to the world in these games.

uhm, no way.

I like the atmosphere stuff as much as the next person but why would I care if all the writing is crap (and it was in fallout 3, and most of skyrim)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By ajamafalous

I hate you for that title.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Legion_

F4llout.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mandude

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta

Exploration is the main draw, of course, but having played a Fallout with fantastic writing now, it'll be hard to go back to Bethesda's rendition.

Avatar image for irish_giant_bomber
Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4, a god sim that consists of people in relationships falling out with other people, making up and then falling out again, getting caught in a forever looping rollercoaster ride of social degredation.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By SomeDeliCook

How can Threedog return when I blew him the fuck up with the fatman the first time I met him?

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Oh man I hope Bethesda make a Fallout 4 announcement soon, I loved Fallout 3 and even New Vegas despite it's shortcomings. Either they announce before E3 without specifying platforms or they get on stage at Microsoft or Sony's press conference and announce its next gen plans then.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By DriveupLife
@Branthog you and the first poster are game snobs. The sky rim engine is awesome.
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Ravenlight

@DriveupLife said:

@Branthog you and the first poster are game snobs. The sky rim engine is awesome.

I guess the Creation Engine is awesome if you love hilarious clipping bugs, poor scalability with lower-end hardware, and having to manually set quest states to progress.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I hope they don't substitute numbers for letters in the name as the thread title implies. From my experience, anything whether it be a TV show, movie, music album, or a video game always turns out shitty whenever numbers are substituted for letters in the name.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By oraknabo

@SomeDeliCook said:

How can Threedog return when I blew him the fuck up with the fatman the first time I met him?

Twin Brother?

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By unequivocable

Remember how when Fallout 3 came out lots of people used the "Oblivion with guns" description--and lots of the time that was said semi-derisively? Consider now if someone says Fallout 4 will be "Skyrim with guns". I'm completely on board with that!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BaneFireLord

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By DystopiaX

fuck that abbreviation though

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Roger778

A new Fallout game, featuring Three Dog as a character you can interact with, will be an instant buy for me. I loved Fallout 3, and all of it's DLC.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheHumanDove

I wont buy it if it's called 4allout. I dont care how good it is

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By BigBoss1911

Um....4allout?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#77  Edited By Hailinel

@Unequivocable said:

Remember how when Fallout 3 came out lots of people used the "Oblivion with guns" description--and lots of the time that was said semi-derisively? Consider now if someone says Fallout 4 will be "Skyrim with guns". I'm completely on board with that!

You mean so broken on the PS3 that they can't even release the majority of the DLC for that version of the game?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Meltac said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

Fourlout?

Fourllout?

Fourlokout?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MiniPato

I am in agreement that your proposed title is terrible. F4llout was the obvious one, and yet somehow you missed that one and somehow came up with something even worse.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Agent47

@Svenzon said:

It would be cool if Bethesda developed the game and brought in Chris Avellone as either lead writer or writing consultant. Fallout 3's atmosphere combined with New Vegas' roleplaying would make an excellent game.

A thousand times this,it would be the dream game Fallout for me,but of course it will never happen I'm sure Avellone and Sawyer are too busy with other things,and Bethesda would just plain not care about them.I just wish Bethesda would hire new writing talent,like the story telling in Fallout 3 and New Vegas is a pretty big noticable leap.Especially in terms of character development and player choice in missions.And less of the Bethesda trademark "Good VS Evil" archetype,they shove in everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@coakroach said:

New engine please.

Please.

For the love of god.

Ah! Aha! AHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA GAMEBRYO LIVES FOREVER

zrais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By zrais

I could do Fallout again. I didn't enjoy New Vegas as much as Fallout 3..but I think I might have been just tired of it.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

I love Fallout 3

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By unequivocable
@Hailinel

@Unequivocable said:

You mean so broken on the PS3 that they can't even release the majority of the DLC for that version of the game?

Ah hopefully not. Here's hoping the PS4 new architecture puts and end to broken Bethesda releases on the Playstation.
zrais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By zrais

I hope this is the last time we see it called "4allout". Thats just awful.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#86  Edited By Itwastuesday

in this game you'll probably meet all of the founding fathers' robot cyborg bodies and also the enclave and brotherhood of steel will show up for some reason

also the ps3 version will probably be broken