Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Paindamnation

@KittyVonDoom said:

Either Injustice is going to play exactly like the MK rehash, or it'll be terrible. But honestly, I have 0.0 faith in a studio headed by the likes of Ed "How many shitty fighting games did I make?" Boon

Yeah. The leader in GREAT fighting games. I'm sure will do a terrible release. Just cause you don't like something, doesn't make it shitty.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By KaneRobot

Injustice, I'm up for. MK was the first fighting game in forever to actually push the genre forward...doubt Injustice will be as much of a leap but...as long as it's competent, I'll be in.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By KittyVonDoom

@Paindamnation said:

@KittyVonDoom said:

Either Injustice is going to play exactly like the MK rehash, or it'll be terrible. But honestly, I have 0.0 faith in a studio headed by the likes of Ed "How many shitty fighting games did I make?" Boon

Yeah. The leader in GREAT fighting games. I'm sure will do a terrible release. Just cause you don't like something, doesn't make it shitty.

Look at the fighting games he's had direct involvement in and tell me the majority aren't just awful 90's junk.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By hippie_genocide

Injustice and Metro 2033 aren't hidden at all. Metro had a trailer at the VGA's for crying out loud. I believe Injustice will have a similar fate of MK - a lot of the top players in the FGC will pick it up right away and play for one or two majors then drop it like a rock. Hardcore MK players will keep playing it though, and it may be a natural switch from MK to Injustice for them.

Fuse I believe will be one of the biggest bombs of the year. I liked it better when it was first shown as Overstrike. My skepticism could be due to my general distaste for the Resistance series, though.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Paindamnation

@KittyVonDoom said:

@Paindamnation said:

@KittyVonDoom said:

Look at the fighting games he's had direct involvement in and tell me the majority aren't just awful 90's junk.

It's just what Mortal Kombat VS DC: Universe should have been. There have been some bombs. However, the last MK, (MK9) was really great, except for unskippable long cut scenes. That was stupid. The gameplay was tight, had enough complexity that the "true" fans would get hardcore with it, and that new comers could join. Ed Boon might not be the best, however it was the 90's there was alot of shovelware from everywhere don't pin it all on him. Once they made money they wanted to make alot more money, without any sense of the industry. So I'll probably buy Injustice: Gods Among Us, because I have faith that WB and Netherrealm have done better as a team. If it's a bomb like God of War Ascension will be, then you can stick my foot in my fouth, deal Ms. Doom?

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By redcream

Overstrike is a much better name than Fuse.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Paindamnation

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Injustice is shaping up nicely but I'm not sure about Fuse. I liked the old trailer a lot, I hope they keep some of that style.

Yes :). Fuse I kinda gave up caring on. It seems to be 2013's Inversion.

graf1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By graf1k

Why the hell did they change the name from OverStrike to FUSE? I mean neither is a really great name but the name change is just weird. Oh well, I'll keep an eye on it but it's not really on my radar at the moment.

Metro 2033 was a happy accident for me as I bought Darksiders when it first came out and really enjoyed it and it just happened to have a preview or trailer or something for Metro which I think came out in like Feb. or March when nothing else was out and so I figured what the hell and it was pretty awesome. Definitely getting Last Light day one. They're announcement video a couple E3s ago using Portishead's "Machinegun" is still one of my most favorite announcement teasers of recent memory.

The DayZ-like game could be interesting but I'm at most, cautiously optimistic for that one.

No Vita here, nor any real love for Killzone so that's a no-go here and I'm not into MK or fighting games period so that's another non-starter. I'm just glad that 2013 finally seems like the year that publishers realized people want to play games year-round, not just September to November. Then again, they might just be trying to get their last current-gen games out now before the new consoles are (probably) out the end of this year.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59  Edited By Beb

The Fuse demo during the big live live show live was physically painful to watch. Has there been any new info since then that makes it seem good?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By pweidman

On that list only Metro LL. And I hope it comes out this spring like it was supposed to, but who knows with the new pub. Loved 2033 myself.

IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By IceOrb

Although I really don't think Injustice really needs anything else to entice players since it looks awesome I think its worth noting that this game is going through great lengths to preserve the voices of characters we've all heard countless times before.

The short list:

Batman - Kevin Conroy (TAS, New Adventures, JL, JLU, Beyond, DCAU Movies)

Superman - George Newbern (JL, JLU, DCAU Movies)

Wonder Woman - Susan Eisenberg (JL, JLU, DCAU Movies)

Cyborg - Khary Peyton (Teen Titans)

This is of the known characters. There are a few notable recasts such as Tara Strong providing the pipes for Harley Quinn but that's not new as of Arkham City. And Richard Epcar who you may be more familiar as the voice of Batou from Ghost in the Shell is providing the voice of The Joker. He also voiced The Joker in MK Vs DC and while I think there is definitely a better option, John Dimaggio for example, Richards interpretation is pretty great too. Don't hate on it just cause it isn't Mark Hamill. I know not everyone can be as great as he is but really as long as they make the character their own that's all I ask. I don't want a knock off Mark Hamill that'd be far worse.

Personally I'm just stoked to see George Newbern back in the role of Superman. I know he was originally brought in as a voice double for Tim Daily but man he really owned that character through out JL and JLU.

STILL one of the most badass Superman moments ever thanks to his fantastic work. Really look forward to seeing an unhinged Superman in Injustice.

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

@Sooty said:

I'll see how Injustice turns out, if it's anything like Mortal Kombat then no thanks, the animations on that game are so tacky, every fighter looks like they need to take a dump.

I agree, as much as I liked the singleplayer in MK, the fighting system itself felt so outdated, the animations were very stiff, and I don't understand why everyone has the same jumping attacks and sweep. I am looking forward to what they do with the singleplayer in Injustice though.

I don't know if Dark Souls 2 is coming out this year but these are the games I'm looking forward to this year: 1. The Last of Us, 2. Metal Gear Rising, 3. Dragon's Dogma, 4. Metro, 5. Sly Cooper

I usually go week by week because I can't remember when or which games are coming out unless it is something that I'm anticipating.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By KittyVonDoom

@Paindamnation: I know I'm in the minority, but when I think of Mortal Kombat, I think of it as the cheap cash-in to Street Fighter, in the same vein as Pit-fighter and Fighter's Destiny. I do have a nostalgic itch over UMK3, but would have a hard time calling that game a classic, or even 'good' (unbalanced moves/characters, cheap-robotic AI). Then again, never really understood any Midway game, outside of being specifically designed to rob you of your money at the arcade.

I understand some people enjoyed the MK reboot. That's fine. Being a hack means getting it right sometimes ;)

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Paindamnation

@KittyVonDoom said:

@Paindamnation: I know I'm in the minority, but when I think of Mortal Kombat, I think of it as the cheap cash-in to Street Fighter, in the same vein as Pit-fighter and Fighter's Destiny. I do have a nostalgic itch over UMK3, but would have a hard time calling that game a classic, or even 'good' (unbalanced moves/characters, cheap-robotic AI). Then again, never really understood any Midway game, outside of being specifically designed to rob you of your money at the arcade.

I understand some people enjoyed the MK reboot. That's fine. Being a hack means getting it right sometimes ;)

Midway games aren't that bad. And tell me you didn't like the reboot. Like I said, if I'm right, you stick the kitty paw in the mouth, if you're right, I stick my foot in mine. I still think that's a pretty good arrangement. Since I want him to be successful, he is a veteran of the fighting industry now. And telling me MK is a cheap rip off to street fighter, is like anything else. Everything copied off of Dungeons N' Dragons, and you know it! ;)

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tracking down a 360 to play Injustice, that game just looks like it'll be fun enough for me and my cousins for about a month.

I'll pick up Metro Last Light as soon as I finish Metro 2033...man I should really just start playing that game.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Azteck

If they actually manage to make it playable online, I'll be very happy. As MK is right now, I can't even get into the online features.

Edit: Talking about Injustice, obviously.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madden 25

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69  Edited By granderojo

I find this post to be well written and all but other than Fuse I would describe none of them as under the radar. Metro and State of Decay have been getting a lot of people talking about them tbh.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

Might as well leave vita off the list because sony sure as hell will ditch it like they did the psp if they hadn't already.

Metro has a good name so it won't get lost. Any game dealing with brands like super man and bantman won't be lost either. If Fuse is good, it will get the attention.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if a game from the creators of Mortal Kombat, that stars Batman would get lost in anyone's shuffle...but ok sure.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

The price for Fuse will almost certainly plummet a scant few months after it comes out. If it's any good, I'll grab it on the cheap.

I'm interested in Injustice, but I'm going to hold off on that game as well. I really liked MK, but online it played like crap, so I never felt like I got $60 worth of game out of it.