5 Reasons To Choose Consoles Over Pc

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameronrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gameronrage
DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DarkShaper

wow, this title is not flame bait at all, no sir.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NickL

This won't end well...

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By DystopiaX

Love the effort you put in this thread. 1 sentence and a link!

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tan

These are mostly wrong. Except the second one. That's right. That's absolutely right. Also, why is it right at this point in time >:|?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

@DarkShaper said:

wow, this title is not flame bait at all, no sir.

wow, this post is not sarcastic at all, no sir

/meta

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo
No Caption Provided
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DystopiaX

That article is just as dumb as the one that claimed that console graphics were better

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By zor
@DystopiaX said:

Love the effort you put in this thread. 1 sentence and a link!

Agreed. He could have at least reposted the 5 reasons, but i guess that would actually involve starting a discussion about the topic, and not a discussions about the discussion of the topic.
DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By DarkShaper

I don't know why but I just read it, who actually claims that console games don't get patched much and that that it a good thing?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By korwin

I feel this is relevant here.

TheTelePlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheTelePlus

The author of that list has clearly never played videogames on a PC, two of his points are related to not being able to use a controller and sit on a couch while playing PC games. He also brings up piracy and doesn't even mention Steam. His ignorance astounds me.      

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Wolverine

This thread maybe would have cause tension in 1999, but it's irrelevant these days.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Korwin

I feel this is relevant here.

+1
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DystopiaX

@TheTelePlus said:

The author of that list has clearly never played videogames on a PC, two of his points are related to not being able to use a controller and sit on a couch while playing PC games. He also brings up piracy and doesn't even mention Steam. His ignorance astounds me.

I don't think he's that dumb, feigned ignorance obviously leads to more successful trolling

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Dany
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bybeach

'Oh Why did I build this Pc' (sung to the tune of 'Why does it hurt when I Pee' by F. Zappa

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could make a sammich with this SPAM

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Slaker117

This is a poor thread about a poor article.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By CrimsonNoir

Dude just seems bitter he can't afford a good gaming rig.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By happypup70

Post by gameronrage (1 posts)

Way to squander your first post.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Dany: I giggled. Nay, I chuckled. Nay, laughed and chortled even!

@Tan: If it's true, then why am I so much more precise and quick with a mouse and KB than a couple of analog sticks...?

Also, I hate PC gamers who hunch like that. So silly, recline man!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Holding this article up as an example of console superiority is the equivalent of holding up Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokel as an example of white supremacy.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DystopiaX

@CrimsonNoir said:

Dude just seems bitter he can't afford a good gaming rig.

No man, why would you want to game on a keyboard? They're obviously only meant for typing. I mean, look at them.

TheTelePlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheTelePlus
@DystopiaX: He has either started a site for the express purposes of trolling or is genuinely this idiotic. Either way I'd say he's wasted his money. That's what I get for taking anything linked from N4G seriously though I guess.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The advantages and disadvantages of each platform are subjective. What you want from a gaming system decides which you buy 
 Looking at the five reasons: 

1. "No need for upgrades" => Do you want an old outdated machine with tired recycled technology? Then yes, this reason makes sense to you. I want real gaming, where the experience doesn't lack in the graphical and audio department, therefore i choose the PC. 
2. "No M+KB" => Do you want to not play RTS games and to do your second best in FPS games? Sure, you don't need M+KB. I, however, want fast precise mice rather than a slow robotic analog stick. I also wanna play complex games that demand over 30 buttons rather than 10-15 .. And hey, my PC can use a controller if I wanted. It can use a wii mote. and a racing wheel... 
3. Not a legit reason: Just yesterday i maxed out Stalker SoC Complete 09 mod and played using M+KB for 3 hours while lying on my couch! We can connect our PCs to TVs, can you connect your console to a monitor? 
4. You got me there.. Fileshare is doing a lot of damage to the platform. But Steam is still extremely popular, millions of sales on the PC, and just how is this a reason to not buy a PC? We still get tons of exclusives 
5. We get patches and updates all the time. The game in the picture was re-released and fully patched. 

/thread

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wickedsc3

To OP, don't ever post anything bad about a PC. Because PC's are superior at everything, and if you play on consoles you are not a true gamer.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DystopiaX

@AhmadMetallic said:

The advantages and disadvantages of each platform are subjective. What you want from a gaming system decides which you buy Looking at the five reasons: 1. "No need for upgrades" => Do you want an old outdated machine with tired recycled technology? Then yes, this reason makes sense to you. I want real gaming, where the experience doesn't lack in the graphical and audio department, therefore i choose the PC. 2. "No M+KB" => Do you want to not play RTS games and to do your second best in FPS games? Sure, you don't need M+KB. I, however, want fast precise mice rather than a slow robotic analog stick. I also wanna play complex games that demand over 30 buttons rather than 10-15 .. And hey, my PC can use a controller if I wanted. It can use a wii mote. and a racing wheel... 3. Not a legit reason: Just yesterday i maxed out Stalker SoC Complete 09 mod and played using M+KB for 3 hours while lying on my couch! We can connect our PCs to TVs, can you connect your console to a monitor? 4. You got me there.. Fileshare is doing a lot of damage to the platform. But Steam is still extremely popular, millions of sales on the PC, and just how is this a reason to not buy a PC? We still get tons of exclusives 5. We get patches and updates all the time. The game in the picture was re-released and fully patched. /thread

Yeah, it's like that dude was like "I don't like getting faster bug fixes and occasionally free content, I like to pay for all my shit!"

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iam3green

lol at saying the console games are finished. games come pre-par to what they should be sometimes when they come out. sometimes there are day one patches. i haven't updated my computer for a couple of years and they play games great. it's a pretty crappy one also.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Subjugation
No Caption Provided
iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iDarktread

The reason I am still entertained by flame bait is because, if presented well, it is almost completely undetectable.

It's a classy way to troll.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Slaker117
@wickedsc3 said:

To OP, don't ever post anything bad about a PC. Because PC's are superior at everything, and if you play on consoles you are not a true gamer.

I'm a console gamer with no plans to change, and even I can see that this is a legitimately bad thread.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I don't get the point of these lists.  If someone wants to play on a PC let them.  If they don't, that's fine too.  

I do both.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bribo

Oh, second-hand trolling! I don't think I've seen that before. But any list on the subject of this quandry should only contain 2 points:

1. Your PC is old and can't run games (which may not be true).

2. Publisher's hate PCs and will do everything in their power to make your experience as unpleasant as possible.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By JasonR86

The only reason that article was make was to make people get angry and artificially inflate the traffic to that site.  This thread will only make people upset as well.  Dumb shit leads to more dumb shit.  It's the nature of the internet I guess.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37  Edited By Hizang

This thread would have been good, but you know, PC gamings dead so there really is no point...

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SeriouslyNow

1 reason to avoid gameonrage, N4G and some crappy forum I've never heard of.

zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By zels
@JasonR86 said:

The only reason that article was make was to make people get angry and artificially inflate the traffic to that site.  This thread will only make people upset as well.  Dumb shit leads to more dumb shit.  It's the nature of the internet I guess.

That. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the op was the author of the original "article", fuck it - blogpost; and was looking for more clicks considering how it's his first post.
musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By musclerider

Expertgamingnews.co.nr

Seems legit to me, guys.

Should go read some of the other "top 5" lists on that site they're pretty much the same brand of stupid flamebaiting.

Most disappointing game this generation? Modern Warfare 2

Top 4 reasons Uncharted 3 is better looking than Gears 3. Hell yeah, legit content.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the guy who wrote the article puts a bad name on console gamers I don't want closed minded people defending me, I like pc games ( wow,Starcraft,BF,diablo) but I was brought up with console always felt comfortable with console games like Mario, Zelda,RE series each gaming system console and pc have there advantage but to me console games have have more games and more games that have lasted the test of time that's just me tho if it were up to me just buy every system and a high end computer THE TRUTH

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Starfishhunter9

So Stupid.,,

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Djratchet

"Gaming is an expensive hobby, just ask any PS3 owner (zing)."

Wait, what? That would have made sense years ago, but the PS3 is pretty damn affordable now.

Also, the rest of the article is pretty shitty as well.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ryanwho

Pretty sure this is advertising, you're making people give that site clicks. Its worse than youtube spam.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheFreeMan

whenever anybody talks about anything that has to do with videogames that isn't about a videogame it doesn't seem to work very well.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wickedsc3

@Slaker117 said:

@wickedsc3 said:

I'm a console gamer with no plans to change, and even I can see that this is a legitimately bad thread.

I guess I should have put that I was being sarcastic. lol. I just think its funny that PC gamer's tear down console players but if you say anything remotely bad about PC's there is a shit storm lol.

Honestly, who cares what people play on, I enjoy both console and PC games. I think neither one is superior, because it does not matter to me which one is.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ryanwho
@wickedsc3 said:

@Slaker117 said:

@wickedsc3 said:

I guess I should have put that I was being sarcastic. lol. I just think its funny that PC gamer's tear down console players but if you say anything remotely bad about PC's there is a shit storm lol.

Honestly, who cares what people play on, I enjoy both console and PC games. I think neither one is superior, because it does not matter to me which one is.

You care. You care a lot. You're part of the problem.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By Jeust

Not a great article.  It doesn't talk about the issue I have with PC games: the needed hassle to get the game going, that ranges from a simple install, to patching, tweaking, coding, rebooting, changing the bios, and sometimes there isn't a way of making it work after all that effort.  

This issue is ever the more pressing with the new low-end laptops, that associate different and more advanced hardware and software with generally poor graphic cards, making it nigh impossible to play some (most) older games. 

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DonPixel

The only thing I dislike about PC Gaming is how bitchy most of the comunity is... you know because publishers are evil, consoles are eating babies and DMR rapes your mom..

Just fking play games and have fun with it, how hard is that?

Other than that PC owns.

TonicBH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By TonicBH

This article is terrible. Why did I waste time reading it.