• 76 results
#51 Edited by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

I think next year's Extra Life thing should be a single game that will last roughly 20-24 hours, and it should be the Endurance Run stream. Because there's power in that branding. I don't need a marketing degree to tell you that. Even though my rational mind says that Dark Souls, BioForge, Devil May Cry and so on have been played to their fullest, my emotional mind longs for an Endurance Run.

I do want to make a note; I do like the more ... reserved tone in an Endurance Run. I like Unprofessional Fridays, but the general half-assedness of a lot of subscriber content is a bit of a turn off. Without sounding like a dick, it's almost too unprofessional with cross talk and references to twitter and whatever's going on today and this and that.

I dunno. The Endurance Run filled me with ooey gooey joy.

#52 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

Oh god, seeing all the time laid out like that. My...my life.

#53 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (1101 posts) -

Endurance Runnnnnnnnnn Persona 5.......

Believe! Or at least believe in the me that believes in a new ER!

#54 Posted by aceofspudz (938 posts) -

I've probably watched 50-75% of the QL content they've produced. It's strange to think of it as being measured in continuous days.

#55 Posted by LackingSaint (1815 posts) -

@theht said:
@cincaid said:

NUMBER OF DAYS SINCE LAST 'OFFICIAL' ENDURANCE RUN: 708 days (1 year, 11 months, 8 days)

Oh wow, it doesn't feel like it's been almost 2 years since and Endurance Run.

I really need a fix. I hope Persona 5 heralds in a new endurance run upon its release.

Isn't that still like two years off of being released in the States?

#56 Posted by smcn (926 posts) -

@elmerglue said:

@theht said:
@cincaid said:

NUMBER OF DAYS SINCE LAST 'OFFICIAL' ENDURANCE RUN: 708 days (1 year, 11 months, 8 days)

Oh wow, it doesn't feel like it's been almost 2 years since and Endurance Run.

I really need a fix. I hope Persona 5 heralds in a new endurance run upon its release.

Isn't that still like two years off of being released in the States?

Japan release is scheduled for end of this year, and I'd like to believe the series has enough mindshare in the U.S. to earn a timely translation.

#57 Edited by Crommi (52 posts) -

@smcn: If the P4A translation mess is anything to go by, it might take a while. I'm guessing around late 2015.

#58 Posted by Y2Ken (1143 posts) -

Thanks for doing this duder, interesting read!

Also, it turns out the longest quick look is also possibly my favourite, and might be the one I've re-watched the most number of times. Huh.

#59 Posted by fisk0 (4113 posts) -

@crithon said:

epic stats

so lets play came after quick looks? or lets play was the something awful forums text rant against Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus? But then it became personality driven?

Something Awful have had video let's plays, as well as text based ones for quite a while (I first started watching them around 2006, but I think they had already been around some time then). It didn't take off outside of SA, as the youtube phenomenon it is today, until around Quick Looks came around, though I doubt QL's were especially influential when it comes to popularizing that.

#60 Posted by ei8htbit (83 posts) -

@cincaid Interesting stuff, well done!!

On a side note, please don't go into the business of microtransactions as a consultant; I fear your powers may too easily be bent to the dark side and the nightmare fever dream will be upon us.

#61 Posted by crithon (3255 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

@crithon said:

epic stats

so lets play came after quick looks? or lets play was the something awful forums text rant against Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus? But then it became personality driven?

Something Awful have had video let's plays, as well as text based ones for quite a while (I first started watching them around 2006, but I think they had already been around some time then). It didn't take off outside of SA, as the youtube phenomenon it is today, until around Quick Looks came around, though I doubt QL's were especially influential when it comes to popularizing that.

interesting, yeah, reminded the SA forms video links were download off of mirror sites and no one was monetizing them. Interesting when you think about who claimed what? But yeah, hate to say this. I knew about SA before quick look but didn't see it take off till AFTER Quick Looks, so I don't know.

#62 Edited by Cirdain (3089 posts) -

@brenderous said:

Those commas should be periods.

Don't tell Europe how to be.

I'm in Europe. Those commas should be decimal points.

#63 Posted by Luxus (59 posts) -

Great work

#64 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1065 posts) -

Need that Persona 5 endurance run :D

#65 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3313 posts) -

No way something like Persona 5 will get an ER, that game is too big and has too much history with them. I'm sure some of them will play it because it will likely be a stellar game, but expecting an ER would be odd. ER's are good for cult classics and oddballs alike, P5 is still a cult game to a degree, but doesn't really fit the bill. Even though I'd love it, it would probably not happen. I could see something like Nier (or Tales of Vesperia? idk) be ER'd if they would ever do one again, just because they're old enough, a good length and have a surprisingly good stories & characters.

#66 Posted by SAPDADDY (30 posts) -

Fantastic stuff

#67 Edited by IanYarborough (152 posts) -

Well done.

#68 Posted by pyrodactyl (2038 posts) -

Guys, they won't do a Perona 5 endurance run. It's too predictable and playing a brand new narratively driven game that is neither obscure, nor crap (cough* deadly premonition *cough) would be in bad taste. Let it go.

#69 Posted by Nate (703 posts) -

Love this. Nicely done.

#70 Edited by jackmessiah (14 posts) -

@cincaid: that's a neat compilation of info, thanks!

#71 Edited by Bam_Boozilled (150 posts) -

@cretaceous_bob said:

@brenderous said:

Those commas should be periods.

Don't tell Europe how to be.

Europe loves to tell America how to be.

#72 Posted by ikilledthedj (286 posts) -

Need sub content stats

#73 Posted by mithhunter55 (612 posts) -

@nightriff: Lets not forget the marathon of Phantasmagoria. Very amusing one off video.

#74 Posted by SpaceCouncil (168 posts) -

endurance are over. unless its something truly strange and warrants such behavior

#75 Posted by Nightriff (5084 posts) -

@mithhunter55: You mean the second greatest content this site has ever produced, behind the P4ER

#76 Posted by mithhunter55 (612 posts) -

@nightriff: Also the DOS video Poker with Frakes(or what ever it was) was one of the most out of no where laughing fits i've ever had.

#77 Edited by Nightriff (5084 posts) -

@mithhunter55: That's a great moment but no a while video where I sit someone down and say watch the whole damn thing which I did with my roommate a few years back and eventually there was 5 of us watching all 4 and 1/2 hours of it.

My personal favorite content:

1. P4ER
  2. Phantasmagoria RPCG/ER
  3. Fortune Street TNT
  4. Warlords Cash Games
  5. Cards Against Humanity TNTs
#78 Edited by Linkachu95 (31 posts) -

I want to know how many hours of content they have produced in the entirety of the website.