• 103 results
#51 Posted by Maajin (1069 posts) -

It makes me really sad to see people actually enjoying Darksiders 2... such a disappointment. =[

1. Journey

2. Spec Ops: The Line

3. Asura's Wrath

Still waiting for Mark of the Ninja on the PC, and haven't been able to buy Sleeping Dogs yet.

#52 Posted by BisonHero (6570 posts) -

I'm surprised that even a couple of you guys went with Legend of Grimrock. Sure, it has a neat old school premise, but I really started disliking the game when I got to the later areas and the game throws all of these tough as hell enemies at you that you can only overcome if you specced your party perfectly (and used a guide to find all of the best equipment).

Seriously, that room with the narrow corridors and the infinitely respawning blue velociraptors? EFF THAT ROOM.

#53 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Tokyo Jungle, SSX and MGS HD collection.

#54 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

1. Journey

2. Final Fantasy XIII-2

3. Mass Effect 3

#55 Edited by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 and Journey are the only 2012 releases I've played. Therefore my top 3 looks like this:

1. Journey
  2. Mass Effect 3 (edit: ha, I said 2.)
  3. ? edit: I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to put Crusader Kings II in this slot. Just because.
#56 Posted by MisterSamMan (364 posts) -

1) Civ V Gods and Kings

2) MGS HD collection

3) SSX

#57 Posted by Bane122 (794 posts) -

Mass Effect 3

The Walking Dead (I don't care if it's not finished yet, it's still one of the best experiences put out this year)

Asura's Wrath

#58 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

@cutyoface said:

1. Max Payne 3
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Mass Effect 3

This, prob need to play walking dead dew. BL2 first ME3 second and MP3 third.

#59 Posted by JeanLuc (3587 posts) -

1. Persona 4 Arena

2. Walking Dead

3: Dust: An Elysian Tail

Runners up: Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, FEZ

I feel like this is all subject to change. My feelings on games are always changing.

#60 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -
  1. Trials Evolution
  2. Diablo 3
  3. Can't think of a third, ATM
#61 Posted by Slay3r1583 (617 posts) -
  1. Sleeping Dogs
  2. Asura's Wrath
  3. Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2
#62 Posted by AlexW00d (6283 posts) -
  1. Wargame: European Escalation
  2. Sleepy Dawgs
  3. Crusader Kings 2
#63 Edited by Chop (1999 posts) -

I've only played 3 games that were released this year.

1. Mark of the Ninja

2. Max Payne 3

3. Persona 4 Arena

I feel like I should mention that I don't even like 2 or 3 but that's just...all I've played.

#64 Edited by Maystack (906 posts) -

So far, it has to be:

1. Guild Wars 2
  2. Binary Domain
  3. Mass Effect 3

With Halo 4, AC3, P4A still to be released, KH may be knocked off.

EDIT: Oh shit, totally forgot about Guild Wars 2. Revised the list.

#65 Posted by perilator666 (471 posts) -

Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss

Borderlands 2

Guild Wars 2

#66 Posted by localhost (19 posts) -

So far.....

1. DayZ (If Black Mesa counts, this counts)

2. FTL

3. Sleepy Dawgs

#67 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2056 posts) -
  • Asura's Wrath
  • FFXIII-2
  • Persona 4 Arena.
#68 Posted by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

can only think of Journey ... and maybe Max payne 3 the rest kinda sucked.

#69 Posted by BlastProcessing (917 posts) -

1. Max Payne 3

2. Journey

3. Sleeping Dogs

#70 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

1. Binary Domain

2. Crusader Kings 2

3. SMT: Devil Survivor 2

#71 Edited by Faltru (113 posts) -
  1. Journey
  2. The Walking Dead
  3. FTL

Looking forward to Dishonored and AC III.

#72 Posted by AndrewB (7637 posts) -
  • Katawa Shoujo
  • Civ 5: Gods and Kings
  • Walking Dead.

Yes, I'm including Walking Dead. If the last two episodes turn out to be not the greatest, the premise and quality of the first three make up for it. Also, I haven't purchased or played a whole lot of 2012 releases and the best is yet to come later this October, when all the games on my must buy list are actually released.

#73 Posted by SeanFoster (871 posts) -

1) Journey

2) The Walking Dead

3) Diablo 3

Depending how things play out, The Walking Dead could take the number one spot (or fall off the list!). It will depend on the strength of episodes 4 & 5. Diablo 3 will move down the list as I play more games this holiday season.

#74 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -
  • Dark Souls
  • Guild Wars 2
  • Journey
#75 Posted by BeachThunder (11995 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

I'm surprised that even a couple of you guys went with Legend of Grimrock. Sure, it has a neat old school premise, but I really started disliking the game when I got to the later areas and the game throws all of these tough as hell enemies at you that you can only overcome if you specced your party perfectly (and used a guide to find all of the best equipment).

Seriously, that room with the narrow corridors and the infinitely respawning blue velociraptors? EFF THAT ROOM.

That corridor puzzle definitely was one of the few crappy puzzles of the game =( I ended up looking at a walkthrough for it.

#76 Edited by Kieran_ES (258 posts) -
  • Journey
  • FTL
  • Spelunky

Dota 2 is just getting its claws into me, but I fully expect it to be dominating my life by Christmas.

Also: Xenoblade Chronicles (technically, if we use NA release), Crusader Kings 2, Black Mesa, Superbrothers, Spec Ops, Day Z.

Loved the original Torchlight, haven't gotten round to 2.

#77 Edited by BisonHero (6570 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@BisonHero said:

That corridor puzzle definitely was one of the few crappy puzzles of the game =( I ended up looking at a walkthrough for it.

Yeah, like the puzzle isn't even that hard if you had time to look around (I hope we're talking about the same room). The real issue is that the room is fairly expansive and easy to get cornered in, and those asshole blue raptors have pretty decent damage and defense and HP. They are by far the most challenging monsters you've encountered up to that point, and they keep respawning infinitely. That made me stop playing the game for like 3 weeks, because I was so pissed off at how stupid and unfair that room is.

#78 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

In no particular order so far this year:

• FTL
  • Hawken (Even though its in alpha... ;) )
  • Smite

Games that aren't out yet/I haven't acquired yet but may be contenders:

• XCOM
  • Worms Revolution
  • Tokyo Jungle
  • Dishonored
  • Playstation ASBR
#79 Posted by InfiniteSpark (309 posts) -

Still haven't gotten around to most of my 2012 games, so my current top 3 stands as follows...

• Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
#80 Posted by kadash299 (279 posts) -
#81 Posted by BeachThunder (11995 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

@BeachThunder said:

@BisonHero said:

Yeah, like the puzzle isn't even that hard if you had time to look around (I hope we're talking about the same room). The real issue is that the room is fairly expansive and easy to get cornered in, and those asshole blue raptors have pretty decent damage and defense and HP. They are by far the most challenging monsters you've encountered up to that point, and they keep respawning infinitely. That made me stop playing the game for like 3 weeks, because I was so pissed off at how stupid and unfair that room is.

Oh, maybe we aren't talking about the same area. I'm thinking of the infinite narrow corridor that's near the raptor area - it's 2 tiles wide and you have to perform certain movements in order to continue on. I can't remember what setup I was using, but I don't remember having too much trouble with the raptors themselves.

#82 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

Mass effect 3

walking dead

that's all i bought so far. i'm probably getting xcom and dark souls when it gets cheaper maybe

#83 Posted by Elyk247 (367 posts) -
  1. FIFA 13
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Trials Evolution
#84 Edited by Nate (705 posts) -

1. Journey

2. Mass Effect 3

3. Kingdoms of Amulur: Reckoning.

I haven't even beat 2 and 3 yet, but bought them and enjoyed the bit I've played so far.

#85 Posted by Ares42 (2693 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

Can't say I had that same experience. But then again after doing like 2-3 floors I started over as it got pretty obvious what the most efficient way to setup my team was. Hate to put it this way, but all the stuff I've read about people struggling with the enemies in that game just makes me think "you're playing it wrong", but then again I probably just have more experience with the genre. The way I see the game it was just a great puzzle game that played heavily on my nostalgia for Eye of the Beholder and Lands of Lore.

#86 Posted by potatomash3r (126 posts) -
  1. Guild Wars 2
  2. FTL
  3. Legend of Grimrock

My top game would have been Dota2 but its still in beta.

#87 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

*FTL

*FIFA 13

*Mass Effect 3

Could all change in the next few months though.

#88 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
  1. Mass Effect 3
  2. Darksiders 2
  3. Dark Souls(PC)
#89 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

1.) max payne 3

2.) mass effect 3

3.) darksiders 2

#90 Posted by TheKing (835 posts) -

1. Borderlands 2

2. Sleeping Dogs

3. Max Payne 3

#91 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

1: Journey

2: The Walking Dead

3: Asura's Wrath

#92 Posted by DarkShaper (1338 posts) -
  1. Journey
  2. Spec Ops The Line
  3. DOA 5  
#93 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

1. Binary Domain

I'll come back with XCOM and Persona 4 Arena when they're out.

#94 Posted by Vinny_Says (5714 posts) -

I guess It's only me and 1 guy (or girl) on page 3 of this thread that really liked the new SSX game.

Add Darksiders 2 and Max Payne 3 to my list....or Borderlands 2....eff this is hard.

#95 Edited by xXxLYNCHxXx (162 posts) -

...so far: 1) Syndicate, 2) Journey, 3) Mess Effect 3

#96 Posted by Rafaelfc (1351 posts) -

1. Sleeping Dogs

2. Mark Of The Ninja

3. Spelunky

#97 Posted by BisonHero (6570 posts) -

@Ares42 said:

@BisonHero said:

Can't say I had that same experience. But then again after doing like 2-3 floors I started over as it got pretty obvious what the most efficient way to setup my team was. Hate to put it this way, but all the stuff I've read about people struggling with the enemies in that game just makes me think "you're playing it wrong", but then again I probably just have more experience with the genre. The way I see the game it was just a great puzzle game that played heavily on my nostalgia for Eye of the Beholder and Lands of Lore.

That's the problem with the game. There is pretty much one viable build for each character class, so why bother even pretending the player has any choice in the matter? They might as well have gone the Diablo III route and just autoassigned stat points, given how rigidly you have to min/max each character to succeed.

#98 Posted by probablytuna (3684 posts) -

I just realised I've played quite a few 2012 games but haven't finished more than three so I guess they're my top three for now?

1. Mass Effect 3
  2. Journey
  3. Diablo III
#99 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@xXxLYNCHxXx said:

...so far: 1) Syndicate, 2) Journey, 3) Mess Effect 3

I love Mess Effect 3.

#100 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Diablo III
3. Spec Ops: The Line 

By the end of the year, I'm fairly certain my list will look like this: