780TI or 290X July 2014

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I'm in the market for a graphics card. Looking at either of the cards in the topic. My question is... are there newer better cards coming down the pipeline in a few months or before the end of the year?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

The 800 series of Nvidia stuff is heavily delayed and will be coming out Spring 2015 at the earliest. No clue about AMDs but I also don't care.

If money is as much of a non issue as it seems to be just get a 780ti now and it will last you a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well according to gpuboss the 780ti is better.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nvidia is always better than it's AMD counterpart, it's not a discussion.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By guanophobic

@corruptedevil: the cards are never better, they're more expensive, but have better drivers.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Corevi

@guanophobic: In practice they are better, it doesn't really matter what exactly contributes to that.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Hi,

I'm in the market for a graphics card. Looking at either of the cards in the topic. My question is... are there newer better cards coming down the pipeline in a few months or before the end of the year?

You're in the market for a $500 to $700 graphics card.....really? I suppose its better than wasting it on hookers & blow...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@segajupiter said:

Hi,

You're in the market for a $500 to $700 graphics card.....really? I suppose its better than wasting it on hookers & blow...

If he replaced 'graphics card' with 'console' would it make it less foolish?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I would go with NVIDIA. No one can answer this but why does AMD have such bad engineering or are just way behind in terms of power consumption/heat generation. That Titan Black Z whatever card is impressive but still uses a blower for cooling while that 295X2 card has to come with a liquid cooler. What the fuck AMD.