7th Gen: Favorite Exlusives From Your Least Favorite Console

PhantomMartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhantomMartyr

So, I wanted to look back on the 7th Generation of video games by talking about our least favorite game systems from that era. But it will be a positive discussion, as we will talk about our favorite exclusives for that system.

The Xbox 360 was easily my least favorite system last generation. But I'll be damned if it didn't have some great games. The Halo series was as strong as ever on the 360, and Reach may be my favorite game in the series. The multiplayer was fucking amazing, and I loved the class based system. Flying a jetpack was so fun! I think this may be my favorite FPS ever. Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 were amazing zombie FPSes, and featured some of the best co-op on the planet. Seriously, if you don't work together with your team, you will die. Crackdown and Crackdown 2 were simply awesome open world sandbox games. They actually managed to feel different from GTA with their futuristic setting and focus on action over story. In fact, I may prefer Crackdown to GTA. Where is our Crackdown 3?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I keep forgetting that Left 4 Dead wasn't on PS3. It was also a PC game. I played some of it on my laptop in 2010 - pretty much anything you buy these days could probably run it fairly well

I don't really have a least favorite. Well, I mean, I never really liked anything on the Wii, but that's more because I largely ignored it over the whole generation. I don't like many of the PS3 exclusives - Killzone's characters and story suck and its gameplay is too bland and Uncharted's gameplay sucks and its characters and story are... well, OK, they're pretty good, I'll give it that. But I don't want to call the PS3 my "least favorite", it's the only console I leave consistently plugged up for all those PS1 and PS2 games I can play on it. And because it's a pretty good blu-ray player. I liked a lot of 360 games but now that I own a PC, the 360 isn't terribly useful.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By viking_funeral
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

My least favorite console last gen was Wii for sure. I don't have any favorite games on it. They're all fundamentally flawed because of the gimmicky horrible controller design. That's the reason it's my least favorite.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paper Mario and Smash Bros on Wii. Most everything else on the Wii felt broken in some way.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Xenoblade probably.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrodoBaggins

The Witcher 2, probably. (xbox 360)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Resident Evil 0 for the Wii.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Galaxy probably. The rest of my favorites were either also on PC, or PC exclusive.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Wii had some great games, but as a console it was my least favourite solely because of the controllers. I couldn't stand them for long periods of game play. The nunchuk was ok. Its directional stick was a bit too high for my liking and a bit wonky but the wii mote or whatever it was called sucked nuts. Especially when you had to turn it on its side to play games.

Game wise it had many great exclusives: Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Wii Resort/Sports, Donkey Kong Returns.