MrOutplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrOutplay

Hi guys,

We (Outplay) are a fairly new developer. We're working on a couple of new online games and are keen to get some feedback from actual gamers (people who know their way around a joypad...) They're simple little online titles for Facebook (initially) but we want to be able to update them and add new content on an ongoing basis so they can be, that thing games really kinda need - you know - FUN.

They're free to play and we are genuinely looking for insight, feedback and help from folks who play games. However, we're not about to spam you or violate all sorts of forum rules by slapping links all over the place. So we thought we'd ask - politely - if you'd be interested?

If not, no worries, we shall go back into lurk mode and leave you in peace.

Cheers,

-OP-

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

I don't really play facebook games, but I do support developers having direct communication with it's potential customers.

Kudos to you, sir.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By JCTango

I don't play any facebook games, but I don't see why this would be a problem, since it's a video game website. Devs are usually encouraged to share/ask for feedback on here. You might want to add your games/studio to the wiki also!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Yeah, I think if you're creating genuine discussions for aspects of a game, then I don't see why it'd be a problem, it seems like a great approach. As long as you're not just creating topics consisting of a link and "play our game!".

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@MrOutplay:

I'm not generally one for FB games but your post has piqued my interest. What kind of feedback/data are you looking for?

MrOutplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrOutplay

@Swoxx: Thank you. It's pretty new for everyone and we'd far rather ask nicely and see what you guys think, than unleash the analysts and warp your brains with fiendish risk/reward mechanisms.

We'll save that for later, along with the blackmail, bribery and vicious beatings. ;-)

MrOutplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrOutplay

We're looking for pretty much anything you guys have to say? These are our first social games. They're really simple, self-contained and based on popular genres. We're wondering if you guys see value in them, we're interested in whether upgrading, improving and adding new features is something which would keep you coming back, or whether it's a case of trying something and moving on. We're playing with ideas for sharing online like sending 'lives' to friends versus straightforward multiplayer games...

You know, everything. We all come from console/pc (and in some cases mobile) backgrounds. So while we think we know what to try, the reality is that the whole social sector is so new, that nobody really knows yet.

So we thought we'd ask the sort of people who take games seriously, spend time talking about them and who don't necessarily play social games regularly. The more demanding type of customer if you like ;-)

Does that all make sense?

-OP-

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yeah I don't play FB games either, but I can check them out for you, I guess. 

Also, your studio's name is gonna get a lot of Rapelay jokes, maybe reconsider? :P

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I'm sure many of us generally don't play video games on facebook, but we are nothing if not helpful especially to developers. Leave a link or an easy way for us to find the games.

MonstroUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By MonstroUK

Hey everyone, I also work with the fantastic MrOutplay here at Outplay Entertainment and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your reaction to this thread. It's always really daunting to approach a community with this kind of request, especially when you're already involved in said community, and I am eternally grateful for your acceptance. DERGERS FOR EVERYONE!

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@MonstroUK said:

Hey everyone, I also work with the fantastic MrOutplay here at Outplay Entertainment and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your reaction to this thread. It's always really daunting to approach a community with this kind of request, especially when you're already involved in said community, and I am eternally grateful for your acceptance. DERGERS FOR EVERYONE!

Oh no they infiltrated our ranks without anyone knowing, trust no one!

I barely use Facebook anymore but I hope everything works out for you guys. :)

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By I_smell

Maybe you should try playing some videogames?

lmao nah I'm just jokin around, you should do more surveys.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BisonHero

@MrOutplay: As a general bit of feedback where I think I speak for just about all traditional gamers on sites like this one, Facebook games could always use more real-time, synchronous multiplayer. I don't know how feasible that is on the Facebook platform and the resources you have to work with, but if the type of game you're making isn't entirely menu-based and turn-based, having a way to face off against a Facebook friend in real-time is always a plus.

Maybe the data doesn't support me on that, and the majority of Facebook users totally love spamming their friends with requests to help them out on their farm, but I'd personally prefer the social interaction in a Facebook game to be real-time competitive or cooperative multiplayer. Does Booty Quest have multiplayer at present? I'm just skimming your website. Supposing it doesn't, that's a feature that would make it more appealing to me. Even if you don't interact with your opponent's board in any way, just doing some basic multiplayer where you start a match at the same time and compete to see who gets the highest score within the time limit, while being able to see how well your opponent is doing in real-time, would be neat.

On the other hand, I'm not sure we're a demographic that's really even worth courting. It looks like every poster in this topic doesn't play Facebook games with any frequency, myself included. If I'm at home I'll generally play a PC or console game. If I'm out I'm more likely to play an iOS game or just listen to podcasts. If I'm on a train or plane, I usually bring my DS and my backlog of Layton games. My lifestyle sorta just doesn't include Facebook games.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@AhmadMetallic said:

Also, your studio's name is gonna get a lot of Rapelay jokes, maybe reconsider? :P

Was that game distributed in the US?

I couldn't imagine the kinds of people that play it. Just reading the description disgusted me :/

The objective is to break the will of young women will so they become your sex slaves?

What..the...fuck..

Also, homophobic because there is no option for homosexual rape.

For my idea:

Pointless bloodshed, overtly sexual in that inelegant, pointless kind of way and sex minigames where you can enagage in them with other players as well as NPCs.

The masses will love it! LOVE IT!!

Obviously I'm joking. Maybe. Don't steal my ideas!

I don't play FB games and I really need a general direction to go to if you want feedback from me :(

MonstroUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonstroUK

@BisonHero said:

On the other hand, I'm not sure we're a demographic that's really even worth courting.

Don't dismiss yourself so quickly mate. The Giant Bomb community is an incredible thing. You folks are informed and engaged with games in a way that very few other communities are. We want to make the kinds of games you guys want to play, we just happen to be working on a platform that you're not yet using. It's up to us to build something that will win you over and entertain. :D

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By JCTango

@MonstroUK: @MrOutplay: What genre is the game going to be in? Fantasy, Sci Fi, Modern, etc.? Any clues into what kind of game it's going to be also? A survivalist facebook game would actually be pretty interesting, if it's possible.

MonstroUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MonstroUK

We've actually already launched two games! But due to our studio style we've always got a few additional projects on the go.

The two existing titles are the more 'traditional' style of games you would find on Facebook but we're actively trying to grow our community so we can better cater to their tastes and desires.

You can find the studios Facebook profile here - https://www.facebook.com/outplay

and our two games are:

Word Trick - It's a traditional turn based word game for up to 4 players but it also has a combo system - https://www.facebook.com/WordTrickGame

Booty Quest - A pirate themed puzzle game full of treasure and explosions - https://www.facebook.com/BootyQuestGame

Like I say these are the more 'traditional' style of Facebook games but feedback is much appreciated as would letting us know what sort of games would interest you as 'core' gamers.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@MonstroUK: Personally, I would be more inclined to play a game that had some sort of dialog options and level progression.

I doubt this is representative of what many "core" gamers want though.

MonstroUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonstroUK

As part of an rpg or nestled within another genre?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@MonstroUK:

Within the tropes of an RPG I suppose.

Puzzles infuriate me!

MonstroUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonstroUK

*gasp* Even Tetris?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Claude

Suck my own dick or clit, whichever.

MonstroUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MonstroUK

If you could double check the contents of your underpants before I commit that would be super. :P