A bit worried about CoH:Tales of Valor

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

Edited By Valkyr

As I said in my las blog post, I am just playing 2007 Company of Heroes standalone expansion, Opposing Fronts, it turned out to be what a CoH fun expected, more gaming mechanics, more factions, great campaigns. Today when I was making my daily run of websites to read some news, previews,reviews, etc, I read GS hands - on of the second standalone expansion pack of this great game, great and NOT BROKEN game.

New features revealed:

3 Mini campaigns,
Direct Aiming mechanic: An fps view of your unit to shoot
New units for all factions

First of all, we were all expecting russians as the new allied faction and maybe Italians or something like that as the Axis, I know, they may be trying to keep that western front feeling of the game and they have always based the franchise on keeping it real and not inventing, and watching a russian army defending ardenes in MP, would destroy that feeling, but come on DIRECT AIMING, if I want to shoot a gun or drive a tank then I just play some ww2 fps like a call of duty or something, I don't expect that kind of experience while I am enjoying the best RTS franchise out there (believe me, it is).

The other thing is that new units for all factions, how is this going to be implemented?, as you may remember in the other Relic RTS, WH40k:Dawn of War + Expansions , each of them were standalone and you could access only the factions of the ones you got on MP, but you could still fight against a faction that you didn't own (after a huge patch every time an exp was released). Now you will have new units for the 4 available armies in CoH + CoH:OF, if someone owns the new Tales of Valor, it may have some kind of gaming advantage over those which can't in fact build that new units???, that is a complete and horrible mistake.

Well, the 3 mini campaigns, they could be good but a sp campaign has no replayable value, RTS games are meant to last in time with  their compelling and fun MP, yeah I enjoyed a lot the original Normandy campaign and the OF axis one that i am playing right now is very well done too, but this as I said, it's an RTS, you get what you paid when you kick some asses over the net or side by side in a lan party with your friends (yeah, we keep doing those, we are old i know ).

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#1  Edited By Valkyr

As I said in my las blog post, I am just playing 2007 Company of Heroes standalone expansion, Opposing Fronts, it turned out to be what a CoH fun expected, more gaming mechanics, more factions, great campaigns. Today when I was making my daily run of websites to read some news, previews,reviews, etc, I read GS hands - on of the second standalone expansion pack of this great game, great and NOT BROKEN game.

New features revealed:

3 Mini campaigns,
Direct Aiming mechanic: An fps view of your unit to shoot
New units for all factions

First of all, we were all expecting russians as the new allied faction and maybe Italians or something like that as the Axis, I know, they may be trying to keep that western front feeling of the game and they have always based the franchise on keeping it real and not inventing, and watching a russian army defending ardenes in MP, would destroy that feeling, but come on DIRECT AIMING, if I want to shoot a gun or drive a tank then I just play some ww2 fps like a call of duty or something, I don't expect that kind of experience while I am enjoying the best RTS franchise out there (believe me, it is).

The other thing is that new units for all factions, how is this going to be implemented?, as you may remember in the other Relic RTS, WH40k:Dawn of War + Expansions , each of them were standalone and you could access only the factions of the ones you got on MP, but you could still fight against a faction that you didn't own (after a huge patch every time an exp was released). Now you will have new units for the 4 available armies in CoH + CoH:OF, if someone owns the new Tales of Valor, it may have some kind of gaming advantage over those which can't in fact build that new units???, that is a complete and horrible mistake.

Well, the 3 mini campaigns, they could be good but a sp campaign has no replayable value, RTS games are meant to last in time with  their compelling and fun MP, yeah I enjoyed a lot the original Normandy campaign and the OF axis one that i am playing right now is very well done too, but this as I said, it's an RTS, you get what you paid when you kick some asses over the net or side by side in a lan party with your friends (yeah, we keep doing those, we are old i know ).

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By coakroach

I played that game at a LAN once
My head exploded while I tried to get my troops to cut trees with bayonets
Blizzard has crippled my RTS brain