A Bungie RPG? Maybe?

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By j_meyer_13

So, I just came across this post from Destructoid, about a job listing at Bungie for a Lead Writer.  Here's a quote from the Dtoid article: 

One of the things mentioned specifically as "a plus" is experience with "branching or non-linear narrative." Now that would be something really different from what I've come to expect from Bungie. Perhaps getting out of the Halo game will yield interesting results.

Naturally, my first reaction was something along the lines of "Oh shit, RPG!!"  Now, this obviously isn't necessarily saying Bungie is going to make an RPG or anything... but it got me thinking a bit, just how freakin' awesome would a Bungie RPG be?!  I really like the Halo universe that they came up with, and I think they could come up with another great universe, and having a bigger game to play around in that universe would be amazing. And to me, Bungie is one of the really great dev studios in existence, they've always done what seems to me to be very high-quality work, and I would be very, very interested in what they come up with for an RPG, or even something with just some minor RPG elements, and "branching or non-linear narrative."  As much as I dislike Activision, I have a lot of faith in Bungie, and I will at the very least stay tuned and see what comes of this big, insane 10 year deal.

Edit: Blast! The General Discussion bug strikes again, this one was supposed to be attached to the Bungie Studios page...