A Few Games, Lesbian Lovin' and More Than Enough Blood

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

Well I've been glued to my screen over the last few days. My local electronics store was having a sale and quite a few Xbox 360 games were going for cheap. Unfortunately, the only games which I was interested in were Army of Two and Need For Speed: Undercover. So far I'm pretty happy with them both, although I'll have to admit, EA makes pretty average games - I don't think I've ever been blown away by an EA as I have consistently from the likes of 2K, Bethseda and the like. 

Army of Two is good so far. The combat is a bit sparse compared to other games, and indeed a bit repetitive, but the great allied AI and interesting combat options make it worth the while. A bit reminiscent of games such as Time Crisis or those old shooters you might find in an arcade, due to the outlandish evil masterminds and enemies. This is both a blessing and a curse. 

NFS:Undercover is a bit more disappointing as yet. Having played Need For Speed: Most Wanted to death, I have to say that Undercover feels a bit more like the less-awesome, more streamlined retarded brother. It's still a great game, at least until I buy NFS: Hot Pursuit, but yes, I expect a lot more considering it is several games since Most Wanted. The good parts however do include a much better driving system, but this is offset by the terrible/unoriginal plot and boring police chases. 

Even with all these new games, I still managed to pry myself away from the Xbox screen to another - I got dragged to see The Black Swan today by my mother. Ungh! A film on ballet dancing? Wow, you just redefined my definition of BORING. HOWEVER! I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, to tell the truth, it's easily the bloodiest movie I've seen all year. AND I got to see that chick from That 70's Show and Natalie Portman DATY, or clean the carpets, or however you put it - yes, probably the best piece of cinema I've witnessed in a while. Boy, they sure do know how to make a film for both guys AND girls! Phew! So, if you're a guy and you have a girlfriend, allow yourself to experience one of those few times when you can enter into a win-win situation with her, and take her to see The Black Swan. Seriously... You won't be disappointed. *Huge grin*

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

Well I've been glued to my screen over the last few days. My local electronics store was having a sale and quite a few Xbox 360 games were going for cheap. Unfortunately, the only games which I was interested in were Army of Two and Need For Speed: Undercover. So far I'm pretty happy with them both, although I'll have to admit, EA makes pretty average games - I don't think I've ever been blown away by an EA as I have consistently from the likes of 2K, Bethseda and the like. 

Army of Two is good so far. The combat is a bit sparse compared to other games, and indeed a bit repetitive, but the great allied AI and interesting combat options make it worth the while. A bit reminiscent of games such as Time Crisis or those old shooters you might find in an arcade, due to the outlandish evil masterminds and enemies. This is both a blessing and a curse. 

NFS:Undercover is a bit more disappointing as yet. Having played Need For Speed: Most Wanted to death, I have to say that Undercover feels a bit more like the less-awesome, more streamlined retarded brother. It's still a great game, at least until I buy NFS: Hot Pursuit, but yes, I expect a lot more considering it is several games since Most Wanted. The good parts however do include a much better driving system, but this is offset by the terrible/unoriginal plot and boring police chases. 

Even with all these new games, I still managed to pry myself away from the Xbox screen to another - I got dragged to see The Black Swan today by my mother. Ungh! A film on ballet dancing? Wow, you just redefined my definition of BORING. HOWEVER! I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, to tell the truth, it's easily the bloodiest movie I've seen all year. AND I got to see that chick from That 70's Show and Natalie Portman DATY, or clean the carpets, or however you put it - yes, probably the best piece of cinema I've witnessed in a while. Boy, they sure do know how to make a film for both guys AND girls! Phew! So, if you're a guy and you have a girlfriend, allow yourself to experience one of those few times when you can enter into a win-win situation with her, and take her to see The Black Swan. Seriously... You won't be disappointed. *Huge grin*

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Huge grin, eh? Lesbian Lovin', eh?

EDIT: fuck, the picture disappeared >.> 

EDIT: Nevermind... anywhoo I've been pretty intrigued with Black Swan for a while. Haven't been to the cinema in ages, though I don't think Black Swan'll be the movie to take me back. I'll definitely check it out on DVD one day.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpawnMan
@dudeglove: HAHAHAHA!!! No my friend, they're long gone. I haven't seen my ex in aaagggeeesss - although me and my new girlfriend are still going strong. She had to move away for 6 months, which doesn't help, but she's coming back soon. : )
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

So you're happy you got to see some hot girl on girl... with your mom?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Skald
@StarvingGamer said:
" So you're happy you got to see some hot girl on girl... with your mom? "
Aw geez, that's awkward.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By melcene

Think I'll bug the hubby about Black Swan this weekend.  Sounds like we'd both enjoy it lol

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpawnMan
@extremeradical: No it's okay, she was getting all hot too. Later we went home and well, you know. O.o 

OF COURSE IT WAS AWKWARD!!! 
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

Black Swan is a very good movie in the first place. Don't hate. :P

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpawnMan
@SpikeSpiegel: I never said it wasn't. But the fact it had what it had made it better! ; )
dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By dagas

People see Most Wanted as some sort of golden age of the NFS-series but all Most Wanted had was those insane cut scenes. I love Underground 1 and 2, but I'll be the first to admit that it's just because I was so into Fast and Furious and putting neon on Japanese cars. The newest one seems great though. Burnout are great games, even if they've gone downhill since Burnout 3 IMO.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpawnMan
@dagas: Yes I agree. Burnout Paradise was a sham. Most wanted WAS cool though. The police chases were awesome.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I wish both of them bitches would eat a sandwich.  They're way too skinny in that movie.  And I think (or used to think) Natalie Portman was pretty sexy.

It all went downhill when her hair got long again.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpawnMan
@Brodehouse: Whaaattt??? Natalie Portman looked her hottest in that movie dude! When she had short hair she looked like a young boy. Unless that's what you're into... ; ) 

Ballerinas are supposed to be skinny. They're... ballerinas!
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Example1013
@SpawnMan: This is absolutely true. Ballet dancers pretty much universally conform to that specific body type. Fred Astaire, the greatest dancer of the past 100 years, was skinny as a rail.
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By weegieanawrench

@john2020: My brain broke trying to read that sentence.

EDIT: Oh, suddenly it makes sense. Flagged.