Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -

Well I've been glued to my screen over the last few days. My local electronics store was having a sale and quite a few Xbox 360 games were going for cheap. Unfortunately, the only games which I was interested in were Army of Two and Need For Speed: Undercover. So far I'm pretty happy with them both, although I'll have to admit, EA makes pretty average games - I don't think I've ever been blown away by an EA as I have consistently from the likes of 2K, Bethseda and the like. 

Army of Two is good so far. The combat is a bit sparse compared to other games, and indeed a bit repetitive, but the great allied AI and interesting combat options make it worth the while. A bit reminiscent of games such as Time Crisis or those old shooters you might find in an arcade, due to the outlandish evil masterminds and enemies. This is both a blessing and a curse. 

NFS:Undercover is a bit more disappointing as yet. Having played Need For Speed: Most Wanted to death, I have to say that Undercover feels a bit more like the less-awesome, more streamlined retarded brother. It's still a great game, at least until I buy NFS: Hot Pursuit, but yes, I expect a lot more considering it is several games since Most Wanted. The good parts however do include a much better driving system, but this is offset by the terrible/unoriginal plot and boring police chases. 

Even with all these new games, I still managed to pry myself away from the Xbox screen to another - I got dragged to see The Black Swan today by my mother. Ungh! A film on ballet dancing? Wow, you just redefined my definition of BORING. HOWEVER! I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, to tell the truth, it's easily the bloodiest movie I've seen all year. AND I got to see that chick from That 70's Show and Natalie Portman DATY, or clean the carpets, or however you put it - yes, probably the best piece of cinema I've witnessed in a while. Boy, they sure do know how to make a film for both guys AND girls! Phew! So, if you're a guy and you have a girlfriend, allow yourself to experience one of those few times when you can enter into a win-win situation with her, and take her to see The Black Swan. Seriously... You won't be disappointed. *Huge grin*

#1 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -

Well I've been glued to my screen over the last few days. My local electronics store was having a sale and quite a few Xbox 360 games were going for cheap. Unfortunately, the only games which I was interested in were Army of Two and Need For Speed: Undercover. So far I'm pretty happy with them both, although I'll have to admit, EA makes pretty average games - I don't think I've ever been blown away by an EA as I have consistently from the likes of 2K, Bethseda and the like. 

Army of Two is good so far. The combat is a bit sparse compared to other games, and indeed a bit repetitive, but the great allied AI and interesting combat options make it worth the while. A bit reminiscent of games such as Time Crisis or those old shooters you might find in an arcade, due to the outlandish evil masterminds and enemies. This is both a blessing and a curse. 

NFS:Undercover is a bit more disappointing as yet. Having played Need For Speed: Most Wanted to death, I have to say that Undercover feels a bit more like the less-awesome, more streamlined retarded brother. It's still a great game, at least until I buy NFS: Hot Pursuit, but yes, I expect a lot more considering it is several games since Most Wanted. The good parts however do include a much better driving system, but this is offset by the terrible/unoriginal plot and boring police chases. 

Even with all these new games, I still managed to pry myself away from the Xbox screen to another - I got dragged to see The Black Swan today by my mother. Ungh! A film on ballet dancing? Wow, you just redefined my definition of BORING. HOWEVER! I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, to tell the truth, it's easily the bloodiest movie I've seen all year. AND I got to see that chick from That 70's Show and Natalie Portman DATY, or clean the carpets, or however you put it - yes, probably the best piece of cinema I've witnessed in a while. Boy, they sure do know how to make a film for both guys AND girls! Phew! So, if you're a guy and you have a girlfriend, allow yourself to experience one of those few times when you can enter into a win-win situation with her, and take her to see The Black Swan. Seriously... You won't be disappointed. *Huge grin*

#2 Edited by Yummylee (20589 posts) -

Huge grin, eh? Lesbian Lovin', eh?

EDIT: fuck, the picture disappeared >.> 

EDIT: Nevermind... anywhoo I've been pretty intrigued with Black Swan for a while. Haven't been to the cinema in ages, though I don't think Black Swan'll be the movie to take me back. I'll definitely check it out on DVD one day.

#3 Posted by dudeglove (7257 posts) -

Bah, more donkey pirate psychic schizo ex-girlfriend info threads please.

#4 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@dudeglove: HAHAHAHA!!! No my friend, they're long gone. I haven't seen my ex in aaagggeeesss - although me and my new girlfriend are still going strong. She had to move away for 6 months, which doesn't help, but she's coming back soon. : )
#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (7570 posts) -

So you're happy you got to see some hot girl on girl... with your mom?

#6 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" So you're happy you got to see some hot girl on girl... with your mom? "
Aw geez, that's awkward.
#7 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

Think I'll bug the hubby about Black Swan this weekend.  Sounds like we'd both enjoy it lol

#8 Edited by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@extremeradical: No it's okay, she was getting all hot too. Later we went home and well, you know. O.o 

OF COURSE IT WAS AWKWARD!!! 
#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Black Swan is a very good movie in the first place. Don't hate. :P

#10 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel: I never said it wasn't. But the fact it had what it had made it better! ; )
#11 Posted by dagas (2711 posts) -

People see Most Wanted as some sort of golden age of the NFS-series but all Most Wanted had was those insane cut scenes. I love Underground 1 and 2, but I'll be the first to admit that it's just because I was so into Fast and Furious and putting neon on Japanese cars. The newest one seems great though. Burnout are great games, even if they've gone downhill since Burnout 3 IMO.

#12 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@dagas: Yes I agree. Burnout Paradise was a sham. Most wanted WAS cool though. The police chases were awesome.
#13 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

I wish both of them bitches would eat a sandwich.  They're way too skinny in that movie.  And I think (or used to think) Natalie Portman was pretty sexy.

It all went downhill when her hair got long again.

#14 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@Brodehouse: Whaaattt??? Natalie Portman looked her hottest in that movie dude! When she had short hair she looked like a young boy. Unless that's what you're into... ; ) 

Ballerinas are supposed to be skinny. They're... ballerinas!
#15 Posted by Example1013 (4749 posts) -
@SpawnMan: This is absolutely true. Ballet dancers pretty much universally conform to that specific body type. Fred Astaire, the greatest dancer of the past 100 years, was skinny as a rail.
#16 Edited by weegieanawrench (1918 posts) -

@john2020: My brain broke trying to read that sentence.

EDIT: Oh, suddenly it makes sense. Flagged.