#301 Posted by MormonWarrior (2658 posts) -

2014: A Year of Small But Cool Changes

#302 Posted by megatronicles (52 posts) -

Nice to see a clearer definition here, it gives you guys a lot of flexibility. Strange that other sites have been so slow to adapt.

#303 Edited by Sessh (1041 posts) -

Well, it's certainly a neat idea. I also like that, Encyclopedia Bombastica finally got it's own section.

#304 Posted by Jugglerman (57 posts) -

Sounds great, please keep the videos coming!

#305 Posted by freakin9 (1171 posts) -

Look forward to more half assing!

#306 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

SPLENDIFEROUS.

#307 Posted by CrazyBagMan (858 posts) -

Badass, let's rock!

#308 Edited by coaxmetal (1657 posts) -

So does this also count for thinks like battlefield 4?

e: aw dang just noticed I was beaten to the punch on that one. Good work @willin, and anyone else who may have made a similar joke.

#311 Posted by blurienh (131 posts) -

I like the idea, I often think you guys haven't covered something I was wondering about and wanted see only for it to then pop up in the middle of an unprofessional Friday I'm catching up on so this will help the database.

#312 Edited by pawsoffury (123 posts) -

Isn't this kind of stepping on Patrick's toes of what he's doing on the site? Not to say that it wouldn't be welcome to see more content!

#313 Posted by Yelo (16 posts) -
  • GREAT NEWS
#315 Posted by Mezmero (2057 posts) -

@mezmero said:

we need a Steam Redlight ... a way for users to say "No don't put this game out yet! It's broken as fuck!".

MEZMERO FOR PRESIDENT

Looks like I just found my first cabinet member. My first act as President of Valve is to order a pizza.

#316 Edited by Winsord (1299 posts) -

Are the Unfinished videos going to be getting their own category in the near future, or is the plan to just keep them under the Quick Look section?

#317 Edited by datarez (574 posts) -

Glad this distinction is being used. Thanks.

#318 Posted by Riotisonfire (123 posts) -

Yeah, good. I like it.

#319 Posted by MarkHawk (84 posts) -

I'm very okay with this... and I actually read the whole article.

#321 Posted by jkoz191 (3 posts) -

I love this idea! This helps give the community an opportunity to see actual gameplay of these, ever increasing, early access games on Steam. A lot I want to buy based on the description but I am hesitant after being burned before. Being able to watch one of these Unfinished games will get me a lot more information to help me make a smart decision on games to buy. I think the volume of these early access games is a bad trend and this seems like one of the best things I've heard to help alleviate a lot of my problems with this trend, which I fear will only get worse with time. Keep up the good work!

#322 Posted by AncientMecha (103 posts) -

Thank you for being honest and transparent about this decision. I've felt that this was an issue that needed to be addressed for a while, and I'm glad you've decided to handle it this way.

#323 Edited by Mitch0712 (499 posts) -

Great idea, Unfinished as a title should work.

#327 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (608 posts) -

Great idea. I look forward to more videos.

#328 Posted by Swift_ (5 posts) -

I think that the Unfinished tag is great choice for early access games, BUT I also want to say that I don't really like how long Quick Looks have become. Make them whatever length you want; you know we trust you guys.

#332 Posted by Ontheocho (187 posts) -

This seems like a very intelligent move to cover these games in a responsible fashion.

Can't wait to see more.

#335 Edited by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

I am interested in only about 5% of the games covered here. I come here for the stupid stuff. Then again if you should start making Crusader Kings II lets plays....

#337 Posted by axlvandamme (101 posts) -

Good. Now how about some more Encyclopedia Bombasticas. RBI was the first one in a real long time.

#339 Posted by MikeJFlick (444 posts) -

Wow, Loved reading the behind the scene email Jeff, thanks for including it.

#340 Posted by ultrapeanut (390 posts) -

That's awesome, great solution!

#341 Edited by AtomicEdge (310 posts) -

I guess you don't really need a version number in these things as long as you say "As of 21st Jan 2013" in the video, so people can at least hear that.

Hopefully some games like DayZ standalone, Rust, Starbound etc will get a few check-ins every once in a while. Seeing ongoing development will be interesting.

Might I suggest some more staff members Mr Gerstmann?

#344 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (978 posts) -

Mmmmmhm.

8)

#345 Posted by kafu288 (15 posts) -

I actually think that it shouldn't matter whether the developer believes the game is "finished" or "not". If the developer is charging money for it, it is reviewable. If it is reviewable, then it can be quick looked. Though, I am really glad that you guys found a way to cover these that you were comfortable with.

#346 Edited by StriderNo9 (1149 posts) -

Good idea, I'm all for it.