A game you were exicited for, only to be disappointed

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hometown Story. The creators were saying things about making it like Animal Crossing but more in depth. Instead I got a very crappy shop sim with no real point and a very bad camera.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dark Souls 2

It's one of my favorite games. I love it. But I really feel like they just sat on their laurels for this one, all they really did was make another Souls game and make it bigger. Sure they made a few change-ups that people will argue endlessly on and on about which Souls game is best, but the fact is that they took away and left out as many good things as they added. They made a "bigger" game and figured that was enough, but they contracted and condensed on some of the game's key concepts instead of expanding and growing new and interesting interactions. They made the game bigger and the gameplay smaller.

TDU2

TDU1 was the first iteration of an awesome idea. Test Drive Unlimited 2 was supposed to fix all of the problems and be awesome. And it did fix a lot but also screwed up a lot more by trying to fit into some story driven concept of what other racers were instead of expanding the original vision. Plus they had a sh*t budget, thanks Atari. Forza Horizon tries to pretend to be open world, but its really just trying to make all the walled in track feel organic enough that they can call the over-sized racetrack a "world". I'm still waiting for a quality racer that tries to do what TDU tried to do - open world racing with everyone and everything in one place. Cars, Bikes, Asphalt, and Dirt all in one place, tracks in the world instead of in the menu system, a butt-ton of cars and racing, and an actually open world fun enough just to drive around in. Will someone actually make a good game that executes on the ideas shown off in TDU1?

I only get disappointed by things I love. I mean, stuff like inFamous, how could you not expect to be let down? And if your expectations are met, is it really disappointment?

Lukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fable, Black and White

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Hmm... I honestly haven't been burned by a game in a long, long time. There have been games where I wanted more out of them, but really didn't expect it so it's not a disappointment. GTAV for instance. I knew I would like parts of it and knew I would sort of dislike playing it. I hoped I wouldn't, but what I thought happened. So expectations were met.

shishkebab09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Fable 2 and Too Human...

I literally thought Too Human was going to be the best game ever. It looked like God of War/Devil May Cry combat with Diablo loot. Plus, it came out of Silicon Knights, and Eternal Darkness was one of my favorite games at the time (it's still up there). But no. Ohhhhh nooooo........

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints Row 3 and 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

For me, Dragon Age 2 was the biggest disappointment of last gen, followed by Mass Effect 3 with the mess of its ending.

HellknightLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#208  Edited By HellknightLeon

Holy crap Spore, Fable 3 and a crap load more... I don't want to remember them. Oh and Resident Evil 6 Leon's part the most. (I forgive the game cuz it had Sherry freaking Birkin)

God damn YOU! Now I can't stop thinking of them... damn... you...

Metal Gear Solid 2.... &$^%!

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By peteycoco

@mjhaylett Far Cry 2 was definitely a game I did not expect to like as much as I did. What a great game.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood- Everyone was raving about this game, but I found it pretty monotonous. A lot of the side content felt like padding and the characters were plain boring. I spent quite a bit more time in the multiplayer which I found to be quite good.

Metroid Prime 3 - I enjoyed the first game immensely and the second one as well. The idea of playing the game with motion controls and slightly better graphics was enough to sell sixteen year-old me on the game. When I played through it, though, I really didn't like all of the dialogue and additional characters. What made the first two games great in my mind was the feeling of exploring an unknown planet on your own. The only information you got came from scanning the environment and reading journal entries. (I'm a bit scared to go back to the first game because I'm sure nostalgia is affecting my memories)

Stronghold 2 - Stronghold Crusader was one of the first games I bought at full-price as a child and I played the hell out of it. When I finally played Stronghold 2 at a friends house a few years later I was shocked at how poorly made it was.

Gran Turismo 5 - I knew going in that it wasn't going to be the best game, but I really wanted something like Forza for my PS3 (I had sold my 360 at this point). I think I spent more time in photo mode than racing.

Enslaved - I think this is when I confirmed that I had outgrown most stories told in games (I find that even the best stories in games are a little hokey when compared to books or movies). The story certainly had unique qualities, but it still didn't work for me. It didn't help that the performance on PS3 was lacking.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Shin Megami Tensei was a bit of a letdown, but it could never live up to SMT III anyway.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

L.A Noire - From the initial reveal, I knew I wanted to play this game. Unfortunately something was clearly lost in such a long development cycle and in the end what we got was a game with great face tech and little else. The open world simply served as little more than window dressing as you travelled from the police department to the crime scene, the story fumbles incredibly hard in the 2nd half where a lot of intrigue and mystery is lost and the gameplay itself was just unneeded Gears of War clone. It doesn't treat its audience with enough intelligence to even allow itself to go without shooting something. Action scenes are perfectly fine but running around the end of the game with a flare thrower is just stupid and insulting.