• 115 results
#1 Posted by MatPaget (1113 posts) -

There was a game a few years back called Spartan: Total Warrior and it's one of my personal favourites of all time.
It's a weird pick for that but I absolutely loved this game.

While I was playing this, all of my friends were playing God of War.
I don't know why, but I never liked God of War. 
So when my friends and I would hang out and they wanted to play God of War I would try and convince them to play Spartan: Total Warrior with me.

Does anyone have a game that they loved but everyone else seemed to dislike?

#2 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

I wish more people liked fighting games.

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

XIII, so there would have been a sequel.

#4 Posted by SoylentGreen (254 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" I wish more people liked fighting games. "
I want to like fighting games, they just don't like me.

This is going to sound weird, but I really, really enjoyed WET; it was kind of like playing through a Tarantino movie.
#5 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
DRIV3R. i don't understand how anyone can hate that game.  

#6 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#7 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

I can understand why people not have been able to get into the game with its dumb plotline, but the fighting system was so unique and fun.
#8 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

Jumping Flash! 

That game was kind of awesome; it'd love to see what a 360 version would look like.

#9 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

Terranigma.

#10 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Nier. The game was really good. Most people didn't play it for more than three hours. Really, then the game's starting to open up!
#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

Actually, I was just thinking that it's a shame not many people played The Whispered World. It seems like a lot of people took notice of things like Machinarium, but not of The Whispered World. =/

#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -
#13 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Metal Arms. I say this a lot but if something has a cliffhanger ending, it should have a sequel. If it wasn't for atrocious cover art and a bad release date, people wouldn't have missed out.

#14 Posted by dagas (2744 posts) -

Shenmue, if more people would have liked it it might have saved the Dreamcast and the series wouldn't have had to end without an ending. 

#15 Edited by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@GunnBjorn said:

" Nier. The game was really good. Most people didn't play it for more than three hours. Really, then the game's starting to open up! "

I got to the part where you fight a giant shark with tits, at which point I quietly slipped the disk into it's sleeve and sent it back to Gamefly.
#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Crysis. its an amazing FPS/Open World hybrid that blows your fucking mind with its gameplay and visuals. highly polished and extremely engaging.  
 its just that the opening couple of levels on the beach are a fucking turn off, which makes people think it's confusing and boring. there's SO much more to it though.. 

Also, Battlefield 2 (the best out of all battlefields), Assassin's Creed 1 (master. piece.)

#17 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -
@BigBoss1911 said:
"  
  I can understand why people not have been able to get into the game with its dumb plotline, but the fighting system was so unique and fun. "

I got this with my N64 couple of years ago, but I couldn't really get into it. Might give it another try some time.
#18 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Killzone 2.

Amazing, heavy  feel of the game,and the fantastic idea of dividing every match into 5 rounds so you could always get back into the game even if you were losing before.

I get the impression many people didn't like it.

And yes, Rico's a dick.

#19 Posted by Atta (135 posts) -
@BeachThunder:  wow. i found whispered world to be utter crap. but i can see how one would come to like the game so i'm gonna take a guess here: you didn't play the original european/german version, right?

as for me it's gotta be the legacy of kain series. a really amazing game with an awesome story, which becomes more awesome when you find out that the developers thought that the first game would be a self-contained story with no sequels and they had planned to end it with a second game, but then were forced to make more sequels. the end result was soul reaver 2, one of my all-time favorites

PS: can someone tell me why the text i'm currently writing is all black? i must have changed the text color by accident and dunno how to change it back...
#20 Posted by Berserker976 (322 posts) -

I'd say Valkyria Chronicles, so it wouldn't have been banished to the PSP :(

#21 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -
@Atta said:
" @BeachThunder:  wow. i found whispered world to be utter crap. but i can see how one would come to like the game so i'm gonna take a guess here: you didn't play the original european/german version, right? "
What did you find to be utter crap about it?  What's the difference between the German and the English versions aside from voice acting? You didn't think the game was utter crap because of the voice acting did you? =/
#22 Posted by adoggz (2035 posts) -

Jade Empire so bioware would make another one.

#23 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Alan Wake is such a great game, but I constantly hear people talking shit about it. I really just wish everyone would love it!

#24 Posted by Atta (135 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @Atta said:
" @BeachThunder:  wow. i found whispered world to be utter crap. but i can see how one would come to like the game so i'm gonna take a guess here: you didn't play the original european/german version, right? "
What did you find to be utter crap about it?  What's the difference between the German and the English versions aside from voice acting? You didn't think the game was utter crap because of the voice acting did you? =/ "
mainly, yes. and also the jokes. the thing is that adventure games were kinda dying in recent years. very few are being developed. EXCEPT for Germany where there are tons and tons of adventure games that come out every year. and most of them are either shit or just run of the mill. most notable is the fact that jokes are corny as all hell and that voice actors seem to be taking tranquilizers before recording.

because of the voice acting and the crappy jokes i really came to dislike this game, but the actual hate came from technical issues and the horrid DRM, which goes as far as calling you a lying scumbag if you fail to pass the DRM test.
#25 Edited by Meltac (1999 posts) -

Metro 2033, all people should experience its incredible voiceacting.. and the game is fantastic. 

#26 Edited by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -
#27 Posted by Legend (2646 posts) -

Probably Dead Rising 2.

#28 Edited by delogo (36 posts) -

The Mark of Kri for PS2. It was a stealthy brawler, that looked like a kids game... until you attacked someone.
#29 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Mafia 2. 

It has a great atmosphere, good voice acting and a fitting soundtrack.

#30 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

Alpha Protocol, so there would be a sequel. But Sega didn't like the response it got. ):

#31 Posted by Atta (135 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" Alpha Protocol, so there would be a sequel. But Sega didn't like the response it got. ): "
qft. also, in the same vein, Deadly Premonition. because both are awesome, but sadly are held back by crappy technical issues and/or small design choices
#32 Posted by Bollard (5208 posts) -

Monster Hunter... People bash it because they spend like 3 minutes with it, and don't get it immediately, or listen to people like Jeff hating on it cause of "the control scheme", when actually it's a really manageable game, with so much content. 

I must have spent nearly 200 hours on it, it's ridiculously good for a PSP game. The sheer number of weapons, the scale of the monsters, and how great you feel when you learn a monster's attacks and movements and can defeat them triumphantly is the best feeling. People need to appreciate that game more and give it a chance.

#33 Posted by MetalGearGeorge (218 posts) -
@GunnBjorn said:
" Nier. The game was really good. Most people didn't play it for more than three hours. Really, then the game's starting to open up!   
My 8-year-old brother picked it up by chance last summer and i ended playing it more than he did. 
#34 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -
@Berserker976 said:
" I'd say Valkyria Chronicles, so it wouldn't have been banished to the PSP :( "
this. when i saw the sequel was on psp i wasn't interested. haven't played my psp since the year after it launched.
#35 Posted by chem (162 posts) -

Mirrors Edge. I loved it. The environments in that game wowed me constantly. The colors, man. All the colors.

#36 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
#37 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

Viewtiful Joe immediately comes to mind.  Almost none of my friends gave it a chance because Joe "looked like a Power Ranger."

#38 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Having just finished the first Assassin's Creed, I can't get behind that one lol. That game had some super cool ideas/presentation but it just got marred, for me, by super frustrating gameplay.  

I wish F-Zero was more popular so they'd make one already. 
#39 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid

#40 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
#41 Posted by Getz (2986 posts) -

Brutal Legend. If you all played it online you'd realize there's fun to be had. To bad no one is online playing it...

#42 Posted by StarvingGamer (7919 posts) -
@Chavtheworld
Monster Hunter... People bash it because they spend like 3 minutes with it, and don't get it immediately, or listen to people like Jeff hating on it cause of "the control scheme", when actually it's a really manageable game, with so much content. 

I must have spent nearly 200 hours on it, it's ridiculously good for a PSP game. The sheer number of weapons, the scale of the monsters, and how great you feel when you learn a monster's attacks and movements and can defeat them triumphantly is the best feeling. People need to appreciate that game more and give it a chance.
This. Between all the Monster Hunter games I probably have around 1300 hours logged. If anything, I just want Capcom to feel motivated to localize those games faster.
#43 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Mirror's Edge, almost a perfect game in my opinion, the only thing holding it down from that for me, was too much combat.

#44 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

Viva Pinata and Kirby's Epic Yarn. I think everyone should like them (although a fair amount of people like both). They're so charming and innocent, there's nothing to hate, but people like to hate because of gameplay decisions that they don't enjoy.

#45 Posted by Video_Game_King (35842 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII, because the game before it was the bad one with all the cutscenes and lack of gameplay. For some reason, though, people seem to love the shit out of it while they continue to speak ill of Final Fantasy XIII.

#46 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

World of Warcraft. So much "DURR HURR NO LIFE HURR HURR IT SUCKS I NEVER PLAYED IT BUT"

#47 Posted by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

Bioshock 2 because it's depressing how many misconceptions there are about it

#48 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@LackingSaint: Agreed.  

Bioshock 2 is a fantastic game. And the gameplay is way more polished than Bioshock. Nobody really gave it a chance.
#49 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Shadowrun, for it handles bloom much better than Halo: Reach does.

#50 Posted by GioSpy (99 posts) -

Split/Second. I just wished that they marketed it better and it sold more.