• 137 results
vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By vasta_narada

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (all of 'em), Boktai 3 (not on emulator, though that english patch is handy), Final Fantasy Type-0, and Versus XIII.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Nottle

Ok. I've got a few.

I'd really like to play the Silent Hill games made by team Silent. Everything about those games from a story, atmosphere, and artistic perspective seem awesome. But I'm a wimp and I don't want to play scary games.

There are many JRPGS I want to play but because they are part of long lasting series or never saw a release in the US I probably won't play them. I'd like to play a Dragon Quest game, Valkyria Chronicles 3. Suikoden among others. On account I don't own a psp I won't play VC2 or Persona 1 and 2.

Also I really like Sakura Wars: So Long My Love, I played it with some friends and I crave more Sakura wars games. Thing is they are all japanese only and on the Sega Saturn and dreamcast. Speaking of dreamcast I'd like to play Shenmue sometime, along with whatever other cool Dreamcast games there were.

Oh and Dark Cloud 2. I bought the 1st one a few weeks ago, I know the 2nd is much better and I want to play it.

So many games...

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By MegaLombax

The dead space series...it looks like soo much fun blasting limbs from aliens....but I'm too scared to play those games. Gave the first one a shot, played for like 30 mins.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By jking47

Steel Battalion with its awesome fucking controller. But I can't convince myself to drop 200 bucks on one, plus having to buy an original xbox again. Would be fun though.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By reisz

Street Fighter X Tekken, I don't know why. . . I played in in a Fry's last week and I just thought yeah yeah more SFIV/MVC3 style fighting blah blah. I picked Ibuki and Yoshimitsu and for what ever reason just fell in love. I have way too many games to play now to justify buying another, especially a digital PC release that costs $30 more than the console version, but I'll be damned if I don't want some of that Ibuki/Yoshimitsu action in my life right now.

oneidwille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By oneidwille

Borderlands, Monster Hunter series, any RTS, MMO's, Way of the Samurai series ( I literally own the entire series. Love the concept, can't get into it.), Gears of War, A Boy and His Blob, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and the new SSX. Some I completely understand why they are non-starters. Others, not a clue.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ExplodeMode

EQ before the 3rd expansion, but it doesn't exist anymore. WoW was alright too, pre expansions and battlegroups. When an MMO changes to try and stay fresh, but you think the changes aren't good, you're just out of luck. Persistent games can be pretty harsh.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#108  Edited By Little_Socrates

Well, a lot of great ones have been said. Dwarf Fortress, EVE Online, System Shock 1 & 2, The Matrix Online, most 90's PC games, the original Devil May Cry, etc.

My personal choice is the LucasArts adventure games stuff. Almost NONE of it is playable on modern PCs, and only Monkey Island has really seen proper rereleases. There's no good way to play Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, or Sam & Max Hit The Road on PC without getting a DOSBox emulator and finding the (increasingly rare) gamefiles. If all of those got properly updated (i.e. running on Windows 7 without DOSBox, no content update necessary) and released on GOG or Steam, I'd probably own every one of them within a year or so. As it stands, I tend to just watch YouTube playthroughs of those games because I know I want to play proper copies of them someday.

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By galacticgravy

Planescape: Torment, or any other infinity engine game for that matter.

I totally should be into these and I fully understand and respect the beauty of the story and art and world building. For some unknown reason the only ones I've played to completion are Fallout and Fallout 2. I've tried everything. Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights...the list goes on. There's just something I can't get past. I think part of it is my Brad Shoemaker-like need to complete everything, but in these games your quest log fills up FAST. There's just so much lore, and story, and areas to explore. Maybe I just get overwhelmed every time. Or maybe I'm just older now and an 80+ hour time commitment to one game turns me away. I don't have the kind of time I used to.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Lukeweizer

Street Fighter. I wish I had the patience to really understand the science of the game and this movies ahead of my opponent, but I just don't even really know where to start or have any friends I could go through the journey with.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#111  Edited By Giantstalker

I want to enjoy the vast majority of indie games, but I play stuff like Fez, Journey or Super Meat Boy and I just get bored as hell.

To me, these just aren't good games.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#112  Edited By StarFoxA

Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Koukeisha has, unfortunately, never been translated into English, so I can't play it. I loved its sequel. I'd also love to play the Satellaview game, BS Tantei Club: Yuki ni Kieta Kako, but it, also, has never been translated. Additionally, I don't think a complete copy of it exists, because it was broadcast over the Satellaview with live voice acting.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#113  Edited By StarFoxA

@Giantstalker said:

I want to enjoy the vast majority of indie games, but I play stuff like Fez, Journey or Super Meat Boy and I just get bored as hell.

To me, these just aren't good games.

Do some exploring for yourself! Indie games are so incredibly broad, and they're very prevalent on the PC platform nowadays. Find something you enjoy, then go from there. I don't really like Fez or Super Meat Boy myself (haven't played Journey), but I still love indie games.

NowSayPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By NowSayPillow

XCOM and CivV. I don't have the patients to learn the mechanics; which is too bad because any time someone talks about them they sound !@#$ing awesome.

lubermans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By lubermans

The Last Guardian?

NowSayPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By NowSayPillow

@BoogieWithStu said:

Planescape: Torment, or any other infinity engine game for that matter.

I totally should be into these and I fully understand and respect the beauty of the story and art and world building. For some unknown reason the only ones I've played to completion are Fallout and Fallout 2. I've tried everything. Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights...the list goes on. There's just something I can't get past. I think part of it is my Brad Shoemaker-like need to complete everything, but in these games your quest log fills up FAST. There's just so much lore, and story, and areas to explore. Maybe I just get overwhelmed every time. Or maybe I'm just older now and an 80+ hour time commitment to one game turns me away. I don't have the kind of time I used to.

Also, this. I've *tried* to play these games. Honest, I have. I just can't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amnesia. I love horror games but my desktop is 5+ years old and I don't have the money to upgrade/buy a new one and my laptop can't run it.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Fearbeard

Panzer Dragoon Saga, way too expensive to buy now and no legal digital versions available

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By epgpx

Beyond Good & Evil 2 ... because Ubisoft and Michel Ancel are dicks.

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Vao

Star Wars Galaxy Pre "Improved experience" they added, had alot of fun back in the day with creature handlers and when jedi were rare as fuck. and the three bar system.

Also Pokemon, its interesting to watch how into it friends are and i just don't understand it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Probably Swtor. Big Star Wars fan but when I started playing it realized it was another MMO in Star Wars skin.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122  Edited By Ace829

Virtue's Last Reward. It's my most anticipated game of the year, but I have to wait one more day to receive it because UPS fucked up the delivery today. Ah well.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#123  Edited By Kyreo

All my games in my Steam Library. My laptop battery is on the fritz.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#124  Edited By me3639

A few years ago i bought a Wii.
Bought Super Mario galaxy.
Played for about 2-3 hours.
Never played it, or the system again.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Journey and the Uncharted series because I don't have a PS3 and don't want to buy one just for 4 games.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By donkeycow

I want to play Ogre Battle 64 on a proper n64 cartridge again (not via emulation or the Nintendo virtual console) but the bloody game is expensive :p

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#127  Edited By mcmax3000

Burnout 3's multiplayer. I spent hundreds of hours playing that on the original Xbox. Sad that it's no longer available.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NegativeCero

Fighting games in general. I have a few that I've written off because of the time needed to get better at them. Also I don't have anyone who I could practice against who wouldn't destroy me over and over.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#129  Edited By Mystyr_E

Dark Souls on PC: it's literally broken and despite 4 fresh re-installs, it doesn't even load let alone play

thefaulconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By thefaulconer

Vanquish

My PS3 bit the dust a few years ago and I just haven't gotten back into consoles. But I feel absolutely terrible that I cannot play this obvious gem of a title.

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By HolyHackZack

Street Fighter 4. Mortal Kombat. Starcraft 2. Any other competitive game that requires hours of my limited time if I don't want to be destroyed by children and the unemployed.

Rohay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Rohay

Star wars Galaxy's i have a unopened pc game box with all the expansions never got to play it never will can only wait for SWTOR to go f2p so i can finish that story

TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#133  Edited By TheWan

Empire Total War is slowly becoming the bane of my existence. I adore the Total War series. Rome and Medieval 2 are probably in my top five games of all time, but for some reason I can't seem to get into Empire. I think it's the different keyboard commands, seeing the firing ranges of cones everywhere, the somewhat complicated campaign map, and boring tutorial that are holding me back from playing the game.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#134  Edited By ch3burashka

@SathingtonWaltz said:

Dwarf Fortress. I want to.... but I can't (you know what I mean).

Can't, or won't?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#135  Edited By TwoLines

Silent Hill 2/3. I can't, I just can't dagnabbit.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By johncallahan

I'm bummed to say it, but Assassin's Creed 3 is that game for me right now. I keep trying, but man I'm just getting frustrated with it. A huge bummer since I've loved just about every other game in the franchise.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I always wish I got the chance to play Motor City Online. The amount of customizing allowed on so many amazing cars made it look like a ton of fun. I had 56k at the time though and it died a couple months in. :(

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Maedhros925