#1 Edited by Seb (361 posts) -

It has been almost three years since the last episode of A Life Well Wasted by Robert Ashley of GFW Radio fame. I'm not exactly sure how many people will remember it but I would urge you to give it a listen, it really is fantastic.

He describes it as "An internet radio show about videogames and the people who love them".

Listen here!

Robert Ashley talks to a developer at a big game studio about his strange trip from blue collar work to video game work, gets a lesson in work ethic from legendary game designer John Romero, finds out what can happen when you give your work away for free, and profiles Nick Smith (aka Ulillillia).

http://alifewellwasted.com/2013/03/20/episode-seven-work/ …

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Will definitely listen. Man, to think it's been three years since his last one.

#3 Edited by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Can't believe this is finally out, and I can't wait to give it a listen. This has always been one of my favorite "podcasts," it reminds me a lot of This American Life or Radiolab, but for video games!

#4 Edited by EXTomar (4724 posts) -

I wish Robert Ashley could get a steadier release schedule because the comparisons to "This American Life of Video Games" is apt.

#5 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Holy crap, finally! I thought Bobito had stopped doing these!

#6 Edited by Mageknight (122 posts) -

I thought we'd never see another of these; Ashley's work is astounding.

#7 Edited by mosespippy (4178 posts) -

This episode is great. I'm just not sure the piece about Ulillillia fit in.

#8 Posted by Seb (361 posts) -

Finished listening to it just now, I'd never heard of Ulillillia before so that part was interesting to say the least. The Gasketball story was super depressing though.

#9 Edited by kishinfoulux (2303 posts) -

I can't be bothered to listen to this podcast since an episode takes five years to come out. I like a constant flow. I know everyone always raves about this particular one, but the super loose release "schedule" is a major turn off.

#10 Edited by Tidel (360 posts) -

Nice. Glad to have it back.

I can't be bothered to listen to this podcast since an episode takes five years to come out. I like a constant flow. I know everyone always raves about this particular one, but the super loose release "schedule" is a major turn off.

Okay, special-precious. Don't. But thanks for letting us know. I'll put it in the book.

#11 Posted by cloudymusic (1111 posts) -

@seb said:

I'd never heard of Ulillillia before so that part was interesting to say the least.

Check out his YouTube channel sometime (same name); it can be pretty interesting.

#12 Edited by kishinfoulux (2303 posts) -

@tidel said:

Nice. Glad to have it back.

@kishinfoulux said:

Okay, special-precious. Don't. But thanks for letting us know. I'll put it in the book.

I'm sorry my opinion bothers you. Would you like some kleenex for those salty tears?