Posted by Burly (2 posts) -

Ever since Jeff, Ryan and the gang left GS, I've been looking for the right time to jump over here to Giantbomb and start contributing. I currently work in the game industry, enjoy writing reviews, and occasionally write a blog about anything that revolves around gaming and/or being creative. I'm going to keep this initial entry short and sweet for everyone's sake. Just wanted to say hey and let yall know I'm very excited to see what comes out of this new beginning.

-Cheers!

#1 Posted by Burly (2 posts) -

Ever since Jeff, Ryan and the gang left GS, I've been looking for the right time to jump over here to Giantbomb and start contributing. I currently work in the game industry, enjoy writing reviews, and occasionally write a blog about anything that revolves around gaming and/or being creative. I'm going to keep this initial entry short and sweet for everyone's sake. Just wanted to say hey and let yall know I'm very excited to see what comes out of this new beginning.

-Cheers!

#2 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

Welcome to Giant Bomb!

So just out of curiosity: what made you decide this the "right time to jump over here"?

#3 Edited by Burly (2 posts) -

@Snail: Wow, didn't expect to get a warm welcome so quickly. Thanks Snail!

I guess there are multiple reasons why I felt like now is the right time. I happen to see that Giantbomb was purchased recently, so I decided to pop in and check out the community for myself. To my surprise this place was a lot more active and knowledgeable than the IGN, Kotaku, or Gamespot communties ever were, and that made me second guess my decision to stop writing about games altogether. I've realized I can't just shut certain parts of my life out, the urge always comes back no matter how hard I try to contain it. Giantbomb just opened up my eyes to a passion I thought was on its last thread.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

'ello! We have an Introduce Yourself thread somewhere so this may get locked.

Unpleasantries aside, you said you work in the games industry. What do you do there and how did you get there?

#5 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

@Burly said:

@Snail: Wow, didn't expect to get a warm welcome so quickly. Thanks Snail!

I guess there are multiple reasons why I felt like now is the right time. I happen to see that Giantbomb was purchased recently, so I decided to pop in and check out the community for myself. To my surprise this place was a lot more active and knowledgeable than the IGN, Kotaku, or Gamespot communties ever were, and that made me second guess my decision to stop writing about games altogether. I've realized I can't just shut certain parts of my life out, the urge always comes back no matter how hard I try to contain it. Giantbomb just opened up my eyes to a passion I thought was on its last thread.

You've been missing out, this website is great. If you haven't seen any of their live shows yet, they'll totally win you over. There's nothing remotely comparable to the sort of entertainment Giant Bomb provides.

So what do you do exactly do in the game industry?

#6 Posted by Sgtpierceface (618 posts) -

Congragulations on finding the only video game website you'll ever need!

#7 Posted by Cthulad (49 posts) -

I recently came by this site, and I have to say that it is a great place to enjoy. I love all of the Quick Looks the most, and the reviews are a great read. It just seems to be so much more to do with this site, than a lot of others out there.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Burly: Welcome to Giant Bomb, might I suggest you delve into there video backlog? I personally recommend you watch the Persona 4 Endurance Run.