Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drtones
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_eng
what do you guys think?
I'm going to o with the obvious 360 implications here.
At the same time, the "i" makes me want to think Wii as well...but I'm skewing more towards the imminent 360 announcement.
Maybe it's a port of MGS4 or a brand new one altogether?
Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Damonation

Metal Gear Solid Existence on 360. Calling it!
Kidding aside, a couple people are speculating that the "i" is for iPod and "!" is for Ac!d. But that seems pretty far-fetched if you ask me.

drtones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By drtones

I tend to agree.....seen the same things that you have on other boards too. But I just think it's "360 MGS" staring at us literally in the face....at the very least, that's what it seems like....maybe it's all that green.
I'd also like to be the first to claim that if and whenever this is released on 360, then we can expect the present flash intro on the site above to result in the RROD version of the power sign. Assuming that RROD still is an issue by that time.

Also it does say  "a new metal gear is...", which leads me to think this is actually something new altogether (could be the iPod and Wii versions too) i.e. a new chapter in the saga. Kojima did say that Snake's arc is over now didn't he? Else they would have gone with "an EXISTING metal gear is..."....do pardon the bad existence pun here please.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

Metal Gear AC!D for iPhone.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EvilTwin

That would be a bit of an anti-climactic announcement. 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Please be MGS4 for 360. Please be MGS4 for 360. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!111 Point exaggerated!!!111

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Damonation
Emilio said:
"Metal Gear AC!D for iPhone."
But the text is green... GREEEEEN! Thats the Xbox color! And the equation is equal to a symbol very similar to the power button on the 360... POWER BUTTON ON THE THREE-SIXTYYYYY!
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By KingBroly

The upside down i is the one used in the Metal Gear Acid logo.  And the power button is universal for meaning on when green.  So I'm going to guess they've greenlit the next Metal Gear game, and it takes place in the Acid universe.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Karmum
TheGreatGuero said:
"Please be MGS4 for 360. Please be MGS4 for 360. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!111 Point exaggerated!!!111"
Maybe, although I want to play it on the PS3, I don't have the money to fork out for a new console.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush
Emilio said:
"Metal Gear AC!D for iPhone."
No...Metal Gear AC!D for the Zune! ...Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised by an MGS game for the 360 (it's not as impossible as fanboys and bitches like to say), but I really don't care if it's a port of MGS4 since I didn't really enjoy it the first time I played it. Though I'm sure there are plenty of non PS3 owners who would love to give the game a try so...whatever.
Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

It's definetely very interesting.  "A Next Metal Gear is..."  not a new or even the new.  Could be a translation issue tho to be fair.  I'm hoping that this means that MGS4 is coming to the 360, I'd buy that.  There was also a rumor a while ago that MGS1 would be coming to the XBLA which I'd probably also get for the achievements ect.  I'm really hoping it's something more excisting than another frickin Metal Gear Ac!d.  Those games were dumb.  I traded it in for Patapon, haven't looked back since.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kush
IncredibleBulk92 said:
"It's definetely very interesting.  "A Next Metal Gear is..."  not a new or even the new.  Could be a translation issue tho to be fair.  I'm hoping that this means that MGS4 is coming to the 360, I'd buy that.  There was also a rumor a while ago that MGS1 would be coming to the XBLA which I'd probably also get for the achievements ect.  I'm really hoping it's something more excisting than another frickin Metal Gear Ac!d.  Those games were dumb.  I traded it in for Patapon, haven't looked back since."
I would rather see the original MGS on XBLA than MGS4...I would actually really, really like that.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By get2sammyb

Can we stop with this "it has the 360's power symbol" nonsense. Where I come from virtually all electrical appliances have that power symbol on it. The only thing that remotely suggests 360 is the colouring of the font.

The text "A Next Metal Gear Is..." suggests a new game in the franchise - which is possible could be released on the 360 but for me it's totally pointing at a DSi Metal Gear Ac!d game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush

I don't see how this points to a new Ac!d game on the DSi at all..and if that were true, this would be some damn awful news.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By roushimsx

I'd love to see (in no particular order):

• Another game in the Ac!d franchise
  • Another game in the Portable Ops / Big Boss subseries
  • a Post-"Solid" series game. The main series has been hobbled by the "Solid" subtitle for too damn long. The "Solid" arc is over, quit whoring up the name and think of something new. Hell, just go back to "Metal Gear".
  • XBLA port of the first three Metal Gear games
  • Port of Metal Gear Solid Mobile to either the DS or PSP
  • Something entirely new and different, exclusively for the Xbox 360

Why is everyone so super hyped for a 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4? Metal Gear Solid 3 was never ported to any other platform, I don't see why Metal Gear Solid 4 "must" get ported. Hell, aside from MGS3's Persistence disc there's only been two cross platform Metal Gear games (Metal Gear Solid Integral and Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance) and one remake (Metal Gear). Everything else has been platform exclusive releases.
drtones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By drtones
roushimsx said:
Why is everyone so super hyped for a 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4? Metal Gear Solid 3 was never ported to any other platform, I don't see why Metal Gear Solid 4 "must" get ported. Hell, aside from MGS3's Persistence disc there's only been two cross platform Metal Gear games (Metal Gear Solid Integral and Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance) and one remake (Metal Gear). Everything else has been platform exclusive releases."

I think you're absolutely right as far as the trend historically is concerned. But you also need to bear in mind that MGS4 was no doubt an expensive game to make....studios need adequate turnover so that another title in a franchise can make financial sense. Where things stand at right now, the 360 simply has more money to be made on it, simply because of it's larger install base. Which is why some of us tend to believe that MGS may eventually venture onto 360 territory.
In the past though, the PS2 already had a much, much larger install base than the Xbox, which is why the Xbox version of MGS2 got me scratching my head.....which is probably also why in the subsequent years, Kojima Studios didn't think it necessary to port MGS3 over to the XBOX. But in this case the roles are certainly reversed as far as install bases go you see. Hope I made sense in that rant man.

As far as the hype that you ask of....well something of this caliber would certainly border on scandalous especially for strong supporters of Sony. Look at the waves that the FFXIII 360 announcement made.

I for one would love to see more of Kojima's work in this franchise. And yes, even to some degree it may dishearten me to think that a series once so loyal to Sony needs to go multiplatform. But I think the joy of having to be able to play another one of Kojima's masterpieces would far outweigh this nitpick of mine....anything to not see a series die off man.

The only peeve I would have out of this though would be if MGS5 were ONLY on 360, for two reasons:

1. If what Kojima productions said about the limitations of having MGS4 on anything but the PS3 were true then does that mean that they'd be forced to make a sequel in MGS5-360 that could have potentially been a technically better game on the PS3? And by having to go on 360 would mean that tailoring a title to each system's specs would be more time consuming for them?

2. I kinda like having my PGR3 and 4 side by side on the same shelf. I feel the same way about Resistance 1 and 2. But MGS4 on my PS3 section and MGS5 on some other......I'd detest that man, I really would---my OCD would kick into overdrive.
k rant over!
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By get2sammyb
Kush said:
"I don't see how this points to a new Ac!d game on the DSi at all..and if that were true, this would be some damn awful news."
DSi + Metal Gear Ac!d. That's how. Besides I'd imagine working on a DS game would be more profitable than a 360 port?

The only peeve I would have out of this though would be if MGS5 were ONLY on 360
I've been proved wrong in the past but I doubt that would ever happen. I do think the next Metal Gear game will be multiplatform though. I doubt MGS4 will get ported though.

Like I say - anything could happen. We'll have to wait and see. I understand the sentiment behind it but I don't think the Playstation is failing enough to warrant that.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Emilio

Hmnmm.... I didn't think about a DSi game....

Maybe a sequel to Ghost Babel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd believe it was for the 360 if the power symbol was red :P

I love how PS3 fanboys on the net are clamoring for it to be for the Iphone or the DSi.
You already have it on your system. Deal.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By BoG

A DSi game is something I haven't seen suggested yet, and a definite possibilty. The DS is only getting more popular every day, and Kojima isn't afraid to make handheld games. I doubt it would be an iPhone game, as the iPhone isn't big in Japan, but a cell phone game may be a possibility. Japan loves to game on their phones, and we've already seen a port of the NES Metal Gear on phones here in America (I've actually got it on my phone).

As for the 360 port, I'd say roushi makes an excellent point: it just hasn't happened in the past, most Metal Gears have been platform specific. One possibility could be a Substance or Subsistence style game for MGS4, which could potentially be on the 360. I think that is just as unlikely, however, taking to mind the memory contraints. Konami has said it is difficult due to memory, and expanding the game doesn't help the 360's chances.

Oh well, I can't wait to see what it is, whatever it is.
SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By SpinCookie

the URL says MGST, I dunno what the T is, something to think about maybe?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, I'd laugh my ass off if this was a Wii game.
A party game featuring all the characters from the Metal Gear series.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb
TeflonBilly said:
"I'd believe it was for the 360 if the power symbol was red :P

I love how PS3 fanboys on the net are clamoring for it to be for the Iphone or the DSi.
You already have it on your system. Deal."
I don't think that's the case at all. It'd be great for 360 owners to get a copy of the game they've spent the last 8 months claiming is "just a massive cut scene". I tease. ;)

Seriously though that's not the case at all... if 360 owners get the game fair ball to them and fair ball to Konami for making further profit on a great game BUT - the only thing that suggests a 360 game is the font green. And it also hints at a NEW game which to me doesn't suggest an MGS4 port at all.

That green font could further symbolise the colour of acid? You know you can go all deep and metaphorical on it but until Konami make an announcement I'm sticking by my original judgement -- I think this is going to be a DS game. Has nothing to do with fanboys or anything else... that's just what I think. You're entitled to think it's a 360 game of course. That's what we're having a discussion about, I thought? Perhaps it might be a spin off of MGS4 -- Raiden's side of the story perhaps?

It's cryptic enough to mean anything really. I say DS because you only have to look at it's sales and popularity worldwide really. The DS is a much bigger potential profit platform than ANY of the consoles (including I presume the Wii).
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kush

When I think about it...I'd probably want a new Portable Ops-type game over anything else.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By get2sammyb
TeflonBilly said:
"Oh man, I'd laugh my ass off if this was a Wii game.
A party game featuring all the characters from the Metal Gear series."
Haha it's certainly possible isn't it? Minus the party aspect.

In fact some kind of Wii Metal Gear game sounds kinda awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care if it comes for the 360, I already have it for my PS3. Though I'd probably get a 360 version for achievements since I'm a dirty whore like that.
I'm not sure what I want. I want to laugh at the PS3 fanboys who were all "IT WILL NEVER COME TO THE 360 IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!", but I also wanna laugh at the 360 fanboys who were yealling "WHY DO I WANT A STUPID MOVIE WHEN I CAN PLAY GAMEZ!".
Actually, I'll stick to my Wii party game idea since that'd garner the most amount of nerd rage. Delicious nerd rage.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By get2sammyb
TeflonBilly said:
"I don't care if it comes for the 360, I already have it for my PS3. Though I'd probably get a 360 version for achievements since I'm a dirty whore like that.
I'm not sure what I want. I want to laugh at the PS3 fanboys who were all "IT WILL NEVER COME TO THE 360 IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!", but I also wanna laugh at the 360 fanboys who were yealling "WHY DO I WANT A STUPID MOVIE WHEN I CAN PLAY GAMEZ!".
Actually, I'll stick to my Wii party game idea since that'd garner the most amount of nerd rage. Delicious nerd rage."
You could opt to laugh at both, perhaps?

I don't think a Wii game would be so bad. And it's certainly feasible, again, from a business point of view. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a "party" game as you call it - there are tons of things they could do with the Metal Gear franchise to bring it to Wii. Let's not forget they did that updated version of Metal Gear Solid for the GameCube.
SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpinCookie
get2sammyb said:
"TeflonBilly said:
"I don't care if it comes for the 360, I already have it for my PS3. Though I'd probably get a 360 version for achievements since I'm a dirty whore like that.
Actually, I'll stick to my Wii party game idea since that'd garner the most amount of nerd rage. Delicious nerd rage."
You could opt to laugh at both, perhaps?

I don't think a Wii game would be so bad. And it's certainly feasible, again, from a business point of view. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a "party" game as you call it - there are tons of things they could do with the Metal Gear franchise to bring it to Wii. Let's not forget they did that updated version of Metal Gear Solid for the GameCube."
Man I've been meaning to pick up twin snakes again for quite a while.  I never should have sold it back all those years ago.  That and Ikaruga are my two main regrets that I sold back.
SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpinCookie
SpinCookie said:
"the URL says MGST, I dunno what the T is, something to think about maybe?"
No one wants to speculate on my T suggestion?  It's in the URL it probably means something (sorry if this was mentioned already and I missed it).
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Otacon

Interesting stuff, my vote would be on an iPhone game right now.

drtones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By drtones
SpinCookie said:
"SpinCookie said:
No one wants to speculate on my T suggestion?  It's in the URL it probably means something (sorry if this was mentioned already and I missed it)."
This might sound silly but for now I'll say that the "T" stands for 'teaser'
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By get2sammyb
drtones said:
"SpinCookie said:
"SpinCookie said:
No one wants to speculate on my T suggestion?  It's in the URL it probably means something (sorry if this was mentioned already and I missed it)."
This might sound silly but for now I'll say that the "T" stands for 'teaser'"
I've just been shopping and thought of some more things:

MGST - Metal Gear Solid Touch = DSi or iPhone.

Also I'd forgotten about the crazy number of Apple refrences in MGS4; right down to the detail of Snake having an iPod.
SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpinCookie
get2sammyb said:
"drtones said:
"SpinCookie said:
"SpinCookie said:
This might sound silly but for now I'll say that the "T" stands for 'teaser'"
I've just been shopping and thought of some more things:

MGST - Metal Gear Solid Touch = DSi or iPhone.

Also I'd forgotten about the crazy number of Apple refrences in MGS4; right down to the detail of Snake having an iPod."
Yeah and Konami loves to put out mobile games, so I think an iPhone game is a solid guess.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By PureRok

Meh. I won't get it no matter what system it comes out on.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35  Edited By BawlZINmotion

It's an exclamation point rotating 360 degrees in green (180+180, followed by the power sign symbolizing a full circle), I think it is fairly obvious. I'm predicting a Substance/Subsistence like version of MGS4, to be released on Xbox 360 Spring 2009. A PS3 version will either launch at the same time or follow in the fall. This wouldn't be a first, as MGS fans should remember that MGS2 was released on Xbox as MGS2: Substance. Considering everything else Konami is producing is utter crap, capitalizing on the franchise/game that does make them money is a no brainer. Plus is says "A NEXT METAL GEAR IS...", not "THE NEXT METAL GEAR IS...". And seriously, who would tease an iPhone game?

Good for 360 usesr and good for PS3 MGS fans who want a super edition of MGS4.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By get2sammyb
Chainblast said:
"It's an exclamation point rotating 360 degrees in green (180+180, followed by the power sign symbolizing a full circle), I think it is fairly obvious. I'm predicting a Substance/Subsistence like version of MGS4, to be released on Xbox 360 Spring 2009. A PS3 version will either launch at the same time or follow in the fall. This wouldn't be a first, as MGS fans should remember that MGS2 was released on Xbox as MGS2: Substance. Considering everything else Konami is producing is utter crap, capitalizing on the franchise/game that does make them money is a no brainer.

Good for 360 usesr and good for PS3 MGS fans who want a super edition of MGS4."
Oh wow I never thought about the angles. Haha - interesting philosophy. It's the best philosophy I've heard in relation to it actually being a 360 game.
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By roushimsx
get2sammyb said:
"DSi + Metal Gear Ac!d. That's how. Besides I'd imagine working on a DS game would be more profitable than a 360 port?"
Man, and I really love Noriaki Okamura's work. I'll buy pretty much anything he produces or directs after his work on the Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Ac!d games. Seems like he makes a misstep here or there on the first new idea (Ac!d's drawn out story and battles, Enders' short length and simple difficulty), but when he kicks out a sequel, he really nails it out of the park.

SpinCookie said:
"Man I've been meaning to pick up twin snakes again for quite a while.  I never should have sold it back all those years ago.  That and Ikaruga are my two main regrets that I sold back."
I never really cared for Twin Snakes, but I sure as hell tried to enjoy it. Something about the ultra questionable AI, clunky controls and somehow-poor voice acting really put me off from enjoying it. The main attraction to it for me was Ryuhei Kitamura's cutscenes, which didn't totally pan out either. He's always so hit or miss. :( Still, it was a great idea, just bad execution (a trend with Silicon Knights!)
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Isn't this obvious?
It's an exclamation point rotating 360 degrees forming the power symbol and in ghostbuster's green.

It's not exactly hard.  Unless there's some ultra-secret hidden depth, I think this is only straight up denial.  Jeff did post how there was an industry insider saying  that a MGS4 port to the 360 called MGS4: Extinction was on the way

While I do understand the iPhone case, there is a lot of iPod type things in MGS, how exactly would you explain the power button and it implicating rotating 360 degrees? The power button is directly related to the 360 even though it's a generic symbol.  So is the type of green they used (it's actual the same exact shade)

I'm personally hoping for a new Metal Gear game (perhaps even PS3 has Solid and xbox its own?) but a special edition version wouldn't be so bad if it came with a good amount of content.