• 55 results
#1 Posted by Hailinel (22712 posts) -
#2 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

Huh, how many extra conferences are they going to have pre and post E3? :P

Also kind of curious to see it's not focusing on the Wii U, considering how confused a lot of the market seems to be towards it. Will be interesting to see what it's about, no less!

#3 Posted by Hailinel (22712 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

Also kind of curious to see it's not focusing on the Wii U, considering how confused a lot of the market seems to be towards it. Will be interesting to see what it's about, no less!

I think it depends on whether or not there's a North American version of the conference, or if it's just a subtitled version of the Japanese one. I suppose that in the U.S., they have things to talk about on all three platforms (Pokemon Conquest on the DS, The Last Story on Wii, and whatever 3DS games they decide to trot out). Not sure what's on the DS specifically in Japan at this point, but the Wii will be seeing Dragon Quest X in a matter of months.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Cincaid said:

If we're still asking about Pre E3 then it has to be a lot because there's a long time to E3 o.O
#5 Posted by NegativeCero (2927 posts) -

Alright, cool. Hoping for some 3DS news to put me over the edge on buying one.

#6 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

Hopefully they're announcing some more 3DS games, there's literally nothing I want to play on that system for the rest of the year. I'll be pretty annoyed if it's yet more hype for NSMB and Paper Mario.

#7 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Fool me once..

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

I'm only watching if there's bananas...

#9 Posted by Deusx (1879 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

Hopefully they're announcing some more 3DS games, there's literally nothing I want to play on that system for the rest of the year. I'll be pretty annoyed if it's yet more hype for NSMB and Paper Mario.

Nothing? Really? No Luigis Mansion, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Code Princess, or Kingdom Hearts?

Can´t wait for tonights conference, just bought a 3DS and I can´t be happier with it.

#10 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

@Deusx: I'm somewhat interested in Luigi's Mansion, the first game was pretty fun, it's just not something I'd feel like paying full retail price for. Castlevania could be interesting, but without the Metroidvania game design it loses a lot of the appeal.

No interest in the Fire Emblem series and I'd rather gouge my eyes out than play Kingdom Hearts. I'd be happy with just Animal Crossing, dammit.

#11 Posted by Deusx (1879 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: Yeah, if you don´t like those kinds of games theres nothing to look forward, I understand.

Btw, EVERYONE is going to be happy with a new Animal Crossing. Me included, maybe they anounce it today? Who knows, that would be awesome.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Animal Crossing, Earthbound remake and a new sidescrolling Metroid please.

#13 Posted by Chop (1964 posts) -

I'd assume they'll give at least a tidbit of information on AC. That and Fire Emblem seemed to be the games everyone was bitching about after E3.

Personally, I just want some dates on those 3DS games.

#14 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

All I care about are 3DS games, I suppose I'll take a cool Wii game though. Finally there going to get a new F-Zero on Wii!

#15 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

What? For realz? Another conference? Jeez, how desperate are they?

#16 Posted by Hailinel (22712 posts) -
@Winternet

It's not desperation. It just seems to be a new PR tactic they've adopted.
#17 Posted by DefAde (261 posts) -

This is the behaviour of a company that knows it's in trouble.... desperation

#18 Posted by Deusx (1879 posts) -

@DefAde said:

This is the behaviour of a company that knows it's in trouble.... desperation

In trouble? Oh you would be surprised. Right now they have the best selling handheld on the market and are about to release a new console, I don´t see a company in trouble. They just want people to have a new perspective on their way of doing things, I think it´s great.

#19 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

They're announcing their new tablet, the Nurface.

#20 Posted by Deusx (1879 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

They're announcing their new tablet, the Nurface.

Nurtenpodface.

#21 Posted by Pabba (286 posts) -

MOAR ANIMALZ CHROSSING PLEAZ.

#22 Posted by EuanDewar (4513 posts) -
#23 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Winternet

A tactic resulted from desperation.

#24 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

6 AM here. God damnit. 

At least Shibata apologized for the timing in the swapnote.

#25 Posted by Hailinel (22712 posts) -
@Winternet

@Hailinel said:

@Winternet

A tactic resulted from desperation.

What desperation?
#26 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Winternet

They're doing these Nintendo Direct things every two months or so. It's been a thing for a while.

#27 Posted by Little_Socrates (5649 posts) -

So, uh, I'm hoping this turns into monthly fireside chats with Iwata. He could even have a segment where he reads one selected piece of fanfiction!

#28 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

they announcing that they are quitting the gaming industry. for some reason they are still going to release the wii u.

#29 Posted by snowninja845 (43 posts) -
@Deusx said:

Btw, EVERYONE is going to be happy with a new Animal Crossing. Me included, maybe they anounce it today? Who knows, that would be awesome.

There already is a animal crossing announced for the 3DS just no known release date.
#30 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Naw naw naw naw naw. They ain't fooling me again. They are gonna talk about shit that we already know about. Fuck that noise.

#31 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

better be worth staying up till midnight

#32 Posted by Pepsiman (2450 posts) -

Mameshiba localization please and thank you, Nintendo!

#33 Posted by ascholzk (261 posts) -

Animal Crossing 3DS is all I really want from this event. Or maybe a Majora's Mask remake for 3DS.

#34 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -

@ascholzk said:

Animal Crossing 3DS is all I really want from this event. Or maybe a Majora's Mask remake for 3DS.

Animal Crossing is probably a safe bet since they didn't talk about it at E3 other than confirming it still is being made in an interview. They'll announce a Fire Emblem date or more details and HOPEFULLY have a few new games to announce (really hoping for a new handheld Zelda ...of any kind - or something totally new!)

#35 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

@ascholzk said:

All joking aside, I want that Professor Layton X Ace Attorney crossover to come to the US.

#36 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

PICROSS 3DS

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

Might as well bump this, seeing as how the stream is live now.

#38 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

DS XL looks ugly but im pumped for layton 3ds

#39 Posted by jewunit (1051 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Actually, I think the presentation just wrapped. They announced a bigger 3DS with a longer battery life!

#40 Edited by Totori (559 posts) -

3DS XL August $200

#41 Posted by L1GHTN1N (399 posts) -

@jewunit said:

@Video_Game_King: Actually, I think the presentation just wrapped. They announced a bigger 3DS with a longer battery life!

The Japanese focused one just finished, the US one started about 15 minutes ago. Here's the link if anyone needs it, and here's a summary of the Japanese one if anyone is interested

#42 Posted by Fawkes (209 posts) -

@jewunit said:

JP one just ended, NA is happening now.

#43 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

Hey guys, as if AKB48 couldn't get any worse! now in Mii form!

#44 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

E3: Nintendo Land 
2 Weeks after E3: Super Smash Bros. and 3DS redesign 

What?

#45 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

I love how they commit five minutes to Mario's ability to gather coins and then say, "Oh, right, Fire Emblem. 2013."

#46 Edited by jewunit (1051 posts) -

@L1GHTN1N: @Fawkes: Cool! Thanks for the heads-up!

Edit: It seems that E.X. Troopers is not being prepped for an international release at this point on the 3DS. It looks like I will have to keep my eyes on the PS3 version for now.

#47 Posted by Artigkar (189 posts) -

So I am watching the europe stream of the nintendo conference and there is this trailer for a 3DS game called Heroes of ruin. The trailer has dubstep music...

#48 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

So... Nintendo said "hey how about we show the things people wanted from us like info on the new Smash Brothers and some DS/3DS games in our E3 event" because E3 is not about the games is about ...showmanship!.

#49 Edited by RecSpec (3681 posts) -

Namco Bandai working on Smash Bros? 10-hit combos and Kirby jiggle physics confirmed. 

A really good showing though. Layton news made the night for me. 

Edit: At least we got some new Animal Crossing info...from the Japan stream.

#50 Edited by TepidShark (1044 posts) -

Dear Internet at my house, work faster to download the Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo!