Are you going to leave Gamespot?

A)
I have already left Gamespot
B) I am going to leave Gamespot today or in couple days time
C) I will have left by the end of the month
D) I will leave but I don't know when
E) I may leave
F) I will never leave

I have left but I will go on there a couple times to see what they have been saying about Giantbomb which is funny as they know they are no longer the better gaming website

If anyone what to add me to your friends list I will accept

#2 Posted by lettuceman44 (109 posts) -

I choose F.

#3 Posted by SarazinRuin (157 posts) -
#4 Posted by Caddy (308 posts) -

My answer is F. I plan to use both sites equally, although I expect this site to have far superior editorial content :)

#5 Posted by RobbieH (52 posts) -

I don't think I'll leave entirely; I'll continue to post in my unions, but that's about it I think.

#6 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

I choose F

#7 Posted by IndieBoy (109 posts) -

A
Does leave mean destroy my account? If so then none...
I NEED MY BADGES, its sad i know.

#8 Posted by lettuceman44 (109 posts) -

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who chose F :P.

#9 Posted by coakroach (2491 posts) -

E
I'm currently suspended though for calling someone a 'freakin idiot'
*hides from mods*

#10 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

Im staying, maybe just more here now.

#11 Posted by Abunai (147 posts) -

I'll use gamespot for the UK forum, but Giant Bomb is the site I will use the most of the two from now.

#12 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

No, but if it wasn't for System Wars section I wouldn't touch the forums.

The mods are too strict there, hopefully GBomb will be a bit more lenient.

#13 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Answer D, there is a possibility that I will leave eventually, but I still have some duties over there.

#14 Edited by Farmer (328 posts) -

A. For me, the life of Gamespot was sucked away when Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad and Alex left - and I just can't stand Homer.

#15 Posted by Aquaman (41 posts) -

gamespot is dead to me. and listen up everyone it isn't the websites fault, it is Kevin Van Ord, the facts are there, do the research, he is the mastermind behind the downfall of gamespot

#16 Posted by Mordok44 (173 posts) -
Well, Last september Gamespot banned me by mistake, yes by mistake, and have yet to unban me. So I gave up on them. Once I heard this site was being opened I was extremly happy.

#17 Posted by Runk3N (51 posts) -

A, several months ago.. But I check in there from time to time just to see how they are holding up.

#18 Posted by DaveF (231 posts) -

Somewhere between E and F. Never say never, but I don't see myself leaving any time soon. I know the people on the AU forums so I'm not going to jump ship just because GB is now up and running.
And I agree with Tiago. The mods over there in general are too strict. The AU forums were better, but from my experience, the rest of the forums were run with an iron fist.

#19 Posted by Funkyhamster (93 posts) -

F dude... I probably won't post there as much (I haven't really posted much there lately anyways), but I have 17k posts... I can't just leave that.

#20 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

A for sure

Giant bomb has everything I need

#21 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

F

I'll probably be frequenting both sites.
#22 Posted by Scizorz (60 posts) -

A i was only using gamespot until giantbomb came along, since all the leaving off editorsm the constant breaking down of video services or blogs and the CNN takeover  i barely really used the site.

#23 Posted by GotemRunnin (13 posts) -

I completely left after Jeff.  Never looked back.  Well I did use them to watch the E3 '08 press conferences from work this year, but that was it.

#24 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

E.

I plan to use both sites, but I'm slowly leaning towards leaving their site.

#25 Posted by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

Im already loving this site so A FTW!

#26 Posted by drew (126 posts) -

A - I haven't been back since Gerstmanngate

#27 Posted by Thevenin167 (1 posts) -

I only like gamespot for the boards, but i belive this place will have more good people.

#28 Posted by Monkey (7 posts) -

A. All of the all-star talent left Gamespot.

#29 Posted by Soap (3594 posts) -

I haven't left, but I don't feel the same for it any more. I just use to for looking up stuff thats not out. I don't take there reviews to be straight and true and I don't hang around there often.

#30 Posted by elektrixx (309 posts) -

I don't think I'll leave. GameSpot Australia is where I hang out. It's a nice group over there.

I'll be posting blogs and videos on both websites though. I've pasted my blogs from GS on here, but all future entries will be made for both websites.

#31 Edited by El_Suave (3 posts) -

I canceled my GS subscription before the avalanche of staff changes happened - it went downhill when Greg left to be honest and continued bleeding with Carrie and Rich leaving. After that it wasn't the same anymore. "Gerstmangate" didn't have that much to do with it. Don't know if I really "left" anyway. I'm not married to any site and would use it exclusively. Why would anyone do that? Also, it's probably still better than IGN ;-)

#32 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

F i will never leave i dont see a problem with gamespot, and i have no loyalty to jeff, i came here cause it seems like a cool place.

#33 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

E - I may leave.

Me leaving GS all depends on what Giantbomb can offer me, how the site and community evolves.

#34 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I'm gonna say E, but it'll probably be F.  I'm going to try and frequent both sites.  I only use GS for the forums though.

#35 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

i vote b. i only went there for the forums, but there were too many mods that punished you for the stupidest reasons. and a lot of the great people have left. also theres a lot of elitism (aka fanboyism) in the game specific boards.

#36 Posted by PinkElephant (112 posts) -

Haven't been back since Jeff left.

#37 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
#38 Posted by brooklyngrenade (446 posts) -

I choose F. I've established myself fairly well as a gamespot member, so I'll equate usage with both sites by replicating the blogs and other content I create. However, I'm quite sure I'll be heading to Giant Bomb for the editorial and forum action.

#39 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

F. I'm only staying for the community though

#40 Posted by AdrenalinDragon (36 posts) -

F. Despite not agreeing or taking their reviews seriously anymore, I still enjoy reading the "System Wars" posts as they are usually really stupid and amusing so unless that the message board stops existing I guess I will be using both GameSpot and Giant Bomb from now.

#41 Posted by WizzyKid (259 posts) -

F. I don't just plan on using Giant Bomb, but a variety of other sites including Gamespot. A sites lasting appeal for me is how easy the site is to use, and how well the comunity features are. At this early stage, Giant Bomb has already done great.

#42 Posted by Flexiable (98 posts) -

A

I don't bother going on there unless they have an exclusive or particularly good video content.

#43 Posted by Josh9989 (31 posts) -

A, I liked the old gang for a reason, they knew what they were talking about, rather than simply filling roles they needed to fill by any staff member, suited or unsuited for the job/

#44 Posted by Donkey_Kong (109 posts) -

A) I have already left gamespot

I left after Gerstmann Gate, however i still update my gamelist.

#45 Posted by Arsenal86 (123 posts) -

wow I can't believe how many people have replied to my thread if i posted on gamespot I would not as many posts

#46 Posted by MrZeal (84 posts) -

I agree with Soap up here. I'm not planning on leave, but I don't trust them anymore. Too many strange things in the past... also, I prefer Giant Bomb along with ign or edge online... So my pick is for letter G - I won't leave but it's just not the same

Shalom :)

#47 Posted by Jax (461 posts) -

I choose A. Screw GS.

#48 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

My choice is probably F. I won't ever be able to completely leave Gamespot, due to the unions and friends I have there, but my activity there will probably be diminished.

#49 Edited by Alfredfolds (7 posts) -

I've been on Gamespot some number of years, but left the off-topic forums after a severe grade in quality.

#50 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

A I havent been on gamespot for at least a year myself.